Closed Thread
Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nat that's exciting! A big move ahead. How is your work going now? Things were sounding very stressful a few months ago. HOw far along are you now? I have lost track of the weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Debstar. Work is good, though the issues from last year aren't resolved yet so there'll be more to deal with about that later. For now we're all enjoying the peace until we get more word on what the next steps are from above and our school will take it as it comes. Funny thing was, at the height of the drama is when we had success with our first IVF so the extra stress obviously didn't affect us! Perhaps the embryo split with all the extra adrenaline at the time though...hee hee.

I'm now 14 and a half weeks along. I have an appointment in a week. This would normally be the 16 week appointment but my obstetrician is now visiting a town nearby once a month and it falls at 15 weeks for me. 45km away is much better than 120km! I'll take it while I can!

I can't believe how much waiting we all do in the process. When I look back at the beginning of the TTC journey and all the waiting for cycles, results, tests and now scans etc etc etc. It is just never ending.... I've never been a patient person and this process certainly tests us doesn't it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is great news on the OB front - certainly saves you a lot of travel time! 14.5 weeks and still kicking! I know what you mean about scans - we didn't have the greatest experience with scans last time and I am sure I will be petrified before each one. So much waiting and so much outside of our control in this process......all we can do is try to look after ourselves and hope for the best. I am confident everything will go well for you though!

AFM: I have been offered two jobs this week. I said no to one and accepted a 7 month contract. Great role but slightly less money than I wanted. I have a second interview for another jobs which is a little bit closer to home and the money I want. There is no guarantee that I will get it though so I am not sure what to do now......They want me to start the contract next week and I am so bored at home that I think I shoudl just go with it....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Haven't posted on here for a while,

Congrats on the job role Deb.

Nat- wow the time is just flying by.

Newer in- how's the cycle going.

AFM - had my second ivf cycle cancelled due to follicles not growing and drop in my e2. At the time I was gutted. But now I'm in limbo land, whilst waiting to see the fs again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post

Newer in- how's the cycle going.
    Damn autocorrect newer is meant to be mrserin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about the cancelled cycle twiglet. Ur time will come. We have had a few.bfps on here in the last two months which is exciting. When do u see fs again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi twiglets

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Twiglets, sorry to hear your 2nd cycle was cancelled. Do you know what caused your follicles to not grow??

I am just starting my 2nd cycle now. Well actually I've been on down regulation for about 4 weeks, but I started puregon on Thursday night so all the real action is about to start!

I was diagnosed with high NK cells so we're introducing treatment for that into this IVF round. Fingers crossed it makes a difference!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been thinking of you and hoping it's all going well for you MrsErinR. I look forward to hearing how you go and I really hope that the treatment makes all the difference!

I have a wish that one day we'll all sign off from this thread because all our over 35 girls will have our bubs. I believe we're getting there!! Until then, I'll continue to be the biggest cheersquad for us all!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Ladies,

I have been following along with your thread and I am so encouraged with your care for each other. I wondered if I may possibly join?

My DH and I have been TTC #1 since April 2012. I am 35 and DH is 31. At the 6 month mark, we met with an FS and began fertility testing. My AMH, day 21 progesterone, and DH's SA have all come back within normal range. Yay!

I had a HSG, which I found incredibly painful, with me fainting with my legs in the air! Because of possible endo symptoms, it was then recommended that i have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy which I had 23rd January, with some minor endo removed. My ovaries, tubes etc look good which is great news and such a relief.

I thank my lucky stars for each and every encouraging result, and I am so looking forward to one day holding my healthy bub in my arms.

9 months of TTC feels like a lifetime, although I know there are others that have been on the journey for much longer.

Nat, Congratulations on your pregnancy! What a beautiful and exciting time.

To those on the TTC journey, Buckets of babydust to you all!