Closed Thread
Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to read that Kazza. I'm sure good luck is not far away. Keep positive and enjoy Feb and the BDing!!

Debstar, that is brilliant news. I can't believe you can stop from telling DH. I'd have no hope of that! I look forward to your blood test results to set your mind at ease that it's real.

Gentoo - fantastic to hear that all is ticking along well with you. How many weeks are you? I've lost count (hopeless I know). I had the spotting as well at 9 weeks but nothing at all since so it can definitely be fine. Don't worry too much about the ultrasounds. From what I've read they're basically harmless and in my mind, lowering the stress level of mums when they find out all is well has got to be beneficial to bubs! Safe travels and look after yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Debstar76  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

We had not even been bd the day before the whole time! Feb is my month

Gentoo: do you have any symptoms? Hope not
    Nat : glad everything is good with you
    Last edited by Kazza78; 28-01-2013 at 12:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Debstar, hurrah! I'm glad you got a BFP and am crossing everything that it sticks like the stickiest bubs ever . Are you going to book a beta or do another test before that?

Kazza78, sorry AF came . I have found that I also O on the day that temp rises - and someone told me ages ago to keep BDing every second day until you've had three straight days of temp rises (if you can get DH to do that, of course, which mine wouldn't always do).

Gentoo, congratulations on the promotion and I hope your plane got there eventually! Hope the trip goes really smoothly. How are you managing eating while you're away from home? I travel a fair amount for work too and am a bit worried about finding safe foods now.

As for me, I have another beta booked for tomorrow at 30dpo, then a scan next Monday at exactly 7 weeks. I'm weaning off the progesterone and it's scaring me because my symptoms are changing - less heartburn, more headaches. I don't want to lose this baby just because I went off the progesterone too early.

For those of you who used luteal-phase support, when did you stop?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feb is the month of love so I can see it being your month Kazza! If it helps (and this might be too much information) I was told by my OB (my old one) that as soon as you get the LH surge you need to dtd that night, the next morning, that evening and the following morning and that evening if you really want to cover all your bases (so 5 X over the 48 hour period). You shouldn't dtd for at least 3-4 days before the surge is expected so that the swimmers will be fresh. As the O can occur 12-36 hours after the surge you need to cover all your bases. Sounds like a lot but as my OB said it doesn't always need to be pretty or romantic - sometimes you just need to get the job done and a quicky is just as good as a long session. Oh and this is too much information - saliva can kill sperm so no oral for either of you during that time.

Fingers crossed for you for this month (and sorry if that was TMI - It came from my old Gyno/OB who also worked with fertility issues so I do think it is realiable info and it worked us first go last time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Roro : thanks for letting me know that your temp rises on ov day. Good luck

Debster : thanks. I think we finally will get it right this month.

Thanks
    Reviews

RoRo I came off the progesterone pessaries after my 16dpo beta test. They were happy with my levels. I do have some friends who have been on it til 12weeks and were petrified of coming off it, but all ate still travelling beautifully!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

RoRo  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry everyone I don't want to monopolise this thread with my jibber jabber but I don't have anyone else to talk to about this stuff yet so you are all stuck with me!

Last time I had very strong symptoms very early on, tiredness and constant thirst for water at around 3 weeks (which I have again this time) and really sore boobs from around 4.5 weeks. I am not sure what to expect this time as each pregnancy is obviously so different. I am tired (especially in the afternoons), so thirsty and having some reflux at night time. I am not sure if they are really related to the pregnancy or if I am making the connection now that I know for sure that I am UTD........

I found a GP who has good reviews on line and has also completed a grad cert in obstetrics as she specilialises in womens health. She is on holidays this week so I have booked an appointment with her for Tuesday afternoon to measure my HCG and go from there. I also have found an OB who was reccomended to me. I had a great chat to him on the phone today and I feel comfortable with him so I have booked an appointment with him at the 8 week mark. Normally they don't like to see you till around 15 weeks or later but given my situation he was happy to provide the hand holding I need.

I haven't told DH yet but am thinking about doing it on the weekend over dinner somewhere. He will so excited! That's if I can hold out till then.......

I hope everyone is travelling well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo - I can't remember exactly what happened with my progesterone (exactly how many days I stayed on it) but I know that after I got a positive test they doubled it for a couple of weeks because my progesterone showed as low on the blood test. After that I bought another packet so it must've been another 2 weeks or so on it. So I'm guessing I was on it until 8 weeks or so I think. I was scared of coming off it too and when I got bleeding at 9 weeks I asked if it might be caused by that. But they said that there isn't much evidence that progesterone holds the pregnancy for sure, and it was more of a safety measure. In the end it was fine and I'm still going.

It is certainly scary and, as I've written before, I had barely any symptoms of pregnancy at all and the only ones I did have were caused by the extra progesterone. So when I went off it I felt even less pregnant than before, which was quite disconcerting. However all has been well so far (touch wood, cross fingers, rabbit foot and all that...!) My understanding is that once the placenta is forming, it provides the progesterone needed. By the stage they take you off it, the placenta would need to be there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow very quiet on this thread for the last few days and we have been pushed back to page 5. Had to write something to fix that. Hope everything is travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! Well done Debstar! Keep us up there

We must all be busy. I've started back at work after the long summer break and am also packing the house to move to the farm, so it's busy times. Apart from that, just doing the usual worry as I count down to my next ob appt and seeing that the bubs are okay again. I always get super scared in the week before scans. I don't think that will ever change.