Closed Thread
Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I am officially in Canberra now and coincidentally also detected the LH surge today so we are TTC and christening the new house at the same time (Too much info I know...). My cycle is still a little off so I am surging early (day 8) but considering the miscarriage and massive smount of stress the last few months have brought I am not surprised and am just going with the flow. If the OPK says now is the time I won't argue with it. I found out last week my position at work is being made redundant (i was going to stay in my role and telecommute to the office) so although I know I shoudl job hunt before TTC i am not prepared to put if off any longer and am happy to do contract/casual work until after bub is born if all goes according to plan.

How is everyone going? Great to hear you are travelling well Wunsi. I hope things with Nat, Petualia et al are good too?

Can't wait to se more BFP's in the near future. To everyone else - stay sticky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Well, I'm back from holidays and back at work. :-(

The holiday was very timely - kept me from brooding too much about the upcoming scan. I started to get a bit scared last week, though, when I had some blood in my CM for a few days. Coupled with my seeming lack of symptoms, I wasn't feeling hopeful, and my scan wasn't booked until this coming weekend so I was facing a week of not knowing.

However, after phoning around this morning I managed to snag a cancellation and WE SAW A HEARTBEAT!!! CRL and heartbeat measurements are perfect for my dates. I've been so scared of having another MMC that I've been trying to distance myself from this pregnancy. But I was so tightly wound up that when it appeared on screen, I had a little sob anyway. I'm just so relieved!

Can't think straight enough at the moment for personals, but I hope you're all travelling well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is brilliant news Gentoo!! Congratulations! I'm so glad you got an earlier scan. And even happier that the news was brilliant.

I'm in terror mode today. I have another scan tomorrow at my obstetrician appt (12 weeks) and I have no symptoms again so I'm terrified that the bubs will have stopped growing. Another sleepless night ahead...I hate that I'm such a pessimist about this but I only feel 'safe' for about 2 hours after a scan then I start to worry again!

Good news today, it looks like we might have a contract on our house. Yay!! It means we will finally have some money freed up to finish work on the cottage and move to the farm.

Debstar - great to read that the LH surge has kicked in. Go for it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo, that's brilliant! Such an exciting and awesome milestone. I'm so glad you're progressing well!

NAT, I hope your terror is completely unjustified and bubs does some flips for you during the scan. Great news about the house too.

Debstar, I loved the idea of christening the house and TTCing at the same time . Here's hoping for a house-christening baby for you!

Turns out I may have a New Year's Eve baby on board: after last month's chem, I have strong BFPs again today (15dpo) and am booking in for a beta tomorrow. The BFP line is heaps stronger this time around - darker than the control - but I'm trying not to get excited until after I see a heartbeat like Gentoo has.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is fantastic news RoRo! Keep us informed. We LOVE dark lines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, Roro! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get a wonderful result tomorrow!

Best of luck this morning, NAT. It's hard not to let the fears creep in, but I'm sure the twins are happily growing away! Looking forward to hearing your update.

I hope the house-warming went well, Debstar! Fingers crossed it's a new beginning.

Wunsi - glad to hear you're happily at 24 weeks. Time flies!

Petulia, don't beat yourself up too much. I've forgotten my prenatals a few times already. And I suspect they're more of a precautionary "top-up" for people who don't have much in the way of vitamin reserves, than an essential for everyone, all of the time.

MrsErinR, I'm glad to hear that your FS has been so proactive in testing. It's never great to hear there's something not quite right, but it is wonderful news that it can be easily managed. I hope the next cycle proves to be your successful one.

Kazza, how are you travelling? I'm sending all my good vibes your way for a BFP soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good for the twins! Yay!! They wiggled around a lot for me on the scan and quickly set my mind at ease that they were okay. What a relief.
    I can't believe what a process this TTC is and then pregnancy. The waiting and hoping and ups and downs just never end!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo Hoo! Roro I am sending good vibes to you!!!!

Nat and Gentoo, so happy to hear all is going well! It has been a stressful ride for you but I am excited to hear all is as it should be.

I know I should be really stressed right now ( I am about to be jobless) but for some reason I feel relaxed. I am excited to be living in this new city and it is far less stressful than Sydney and the people are very friendly. Financially I don't want to spend too much time not working as I don't want to eat into our savings or existing baby fund but I have the feeling everything will sort itself out in the end. To be honest I am kind of relieved that I won't have to stay in my current role. There are two women there I will miss dearly but the office environment was full of bullying and I was allergic to practically everything in the office itself so I found it very stressful. Plus I have a manager who buries her head in the sand every time there is a problem which is really annoying (sorry for the vent - feels good to get it off my chest though!). It did feel like a slap in the face to find out about the redundancy over email (way to make your staff feel valued!).

I guess I can test at the end of the month, although i am a prolific tester and will waste a few tests before then I'm sure...

Cheers to over 35's ladies!!!!! This will be our year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow RoRo, congratulations. I am so happy for you and I hope it all goes really smoothly.

Nat256, happy to hear that your scan went well and the bubs are wrigglers.
    Debstar76, sorry to hear about your job but I hope it works out positively for you. It has done for a number of my friends actually and they say a redundancy was a blessing in disguise! I hope it is for you too.

AFM, I've been to pick up my IVF meds today. I was really excited, until I saw them and comprehended the magnitude of meds I'm on this time. Way different to my first stim cycle. I left feeling quite sad and overwhelmed by it all. Sorry, a bit of a me post but I just had to get that out. Feel like I need a good cry and then to get myself together so I can get on with it. On a positive note I'm going to take the week off between pick up and transfer this time. That's something to look forward to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you today and as you start the cycle MrsErinR. Keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you that you stay healthy and that this cycle brings you success. Taking a week off sounds like a brilliant idea. It will give you time to focus entirely on you and being in the best condition to welcome your embryo/s.
    I can see why it feels overwhelming but, like everything, take it step by step and I'm sure you'll surprise yourself again with your own strength and resilience.
    Keep in touch and we over 35's will be sending you any extra strength and positivity you need!!