Closed Thread
Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you going Debstar? Still BFN?

Hope everyone else is going well for the beginning of 2013. Look forward to updates as the cycles kick along.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Debstar76  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Popping in after a while away while I was on holiday. 7 DPO here. Not expecting much from this cycle - but next cycle we do a FET!

NAT I'm so glad your twins are doing fine. I love your description of what's happening to your belly (well, the way it feels anyway - hope the constipation is fixed now).

Debstar, I hope you're feeling okay today. I'm not sure if I shared it on here (I am on the FF forums too and forget what I post where) but I had a chemical last cycle. Four days of BFPs, and my HCG got to 48 before it fell again. It made me very sad, especially as it was the week before Christmas, a year after my first chemical. DH was great and now I'm making myself optimistic by doing a lot of running and trying to lose some weight (I'm not fat, but want to be nearer to the lower quartile of the healthy range than the upper quartile).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

Debstar76  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

RoRo, was that BFP and chem straight after your stim cycle? If so that is exactly what happened to me. I had to stim again but got my sticky BFP the very next go. Fingers crossed it happens this way for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

RoRo  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wunsi

Yes, that's exactly what happened with me: stim for IVF in one cycle, fail IVF, get a BFP and chem in the next cycle. So hopefully my journey will mirror yours for the rest of it too!

How's your pregnancy going? Hope all is fantastically normal and happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I am glad to hear that everyone is travelling well! Thanks for asking about me....AF has arrived and it was a chemical so back to the drawing board however after last chemical I got pregnant very next cycle so hoping this time is the same.

We are busy packing up our lives in Sydney and relocate to Canberra tomorrow so am a combination of exhausted, emotional and excited. You know what they say - new house new baby! I really hope so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I've learnt today that I have elevated NK cells. An immune issue that may prevent implanation or result in early miscarriages. Luckily, there is treatment for it that we'll be doing with next IVF cycle.

I'm still awaiting other test results to come in so hopefully they don't throw any new issues into the mix.

Anyway, I'd urge any of you to have yourselves checked for immune system issues! I'm rapt that my FS is very proactive but even so, it would have been nice to know this back when our natural attempts were failing.

Sorry to not have time for personals right now...but I have been reading along.

I just really wanted to tell someone this news!!

Good luck with your move Debstar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow MrsErinR - that is great news, (in the craziest way) I hope you know what I mean. To have an answer is brilliant, especially if it's something that has possible treatment. I'm so pleased you found a good FS. I completely agree about knowing these things sooner. I'm so shocked at what ISN'T looked into earlier as I'm sure it could prevent a lot of heartache. So what's the treatment? Is it just extra medication? Hope it's nothing too intrusive or no extra side effects. It all sounds hopeful though so I'm really pleased for you!

RoRo- I hope you're right and Wunsi's pattern is your's too!

Debstar - what a huge time for you. Good luck keeping it all together and I hope Canberra brings a ton of good luck to you.

Well, all is still good for me. Being a teacher in a very small town, the news of the twins has been hot goss with the whole population so it's been a fun time as I see everyone who's heard the news (though trying to get to the post office or supermarket takes a lot longer lately!)

How weird is this though, it only occurred to me this week....we only have 5 teachers in the little school where I work and I'll be the third one with identical twins!! One set are grown, 20 years old, one set are 12 years old (I teach these ones currently) and now mine. That has to be some sort of record. Perhaps it's catching....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Nat256, I understand what you mean. Would rather not have the issue but seeing I do...knowledge is power!

I think that you only get a medicare subsidy if you are having the tests after a failed IVF (could be wrong) so that means a lot of people may go through heartache without ever having these tests that could solve the cause of the heartache.

As well as the biopsy that found the NK cells, I also had 14 vials of blood taken! Still waiting on answers to all those tests. If NK cells are the only issue then the treatment seems to be a medication given by IV drip a few times during cycle. I'm waiting to see IVF nurse and get all the info.

That is weird about all the twins....but how fun that your news is out there. I'm sure people must be fussing over you madly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, have been away for a while. Hope everyone is travelling reasonably well.
    I am booked in to see yet another G.P. next week. This will be about my 5th go trying to find a god one.
    Well, this morning I realised I have been a bit of an idiot as I have been taking my pregnancy vitamins with my fybogel drink and found it this can affect proper absorption. What an idiot! I've only been doing it for about 10 days, but the first trimester is so important.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

RoRo - all going well here, 24 weeks today and still feeling good. I had a small scare on Sunday and had to see OB on Monday but turned out to be fine, and perfectly normal, he just wanted to reassure me with the heartbeat and answer my 'why' questions of which there were no definitive answers.

MrsErin that is so impressive to have one failed cycle and be tested straight away, so many ladies on the IVF threads have to fight to get tested and after multiple fails, go your FS. Hopefully nothing else comes up and the treatment is successful.

Good luck ladies.