Closed Thread
Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

How are you going, Kazza? Any hopeful signs at 12dpo?

Any news from today's tests, NAT? I'm sending as many positive vibes your way as I can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat am thinking of u and hoping all is going well for you.....

i caved yesterday and tested although i do think it was too early and am not really expecting a positive, of.ofcourse it was.bfn. Will test again on new years day but i feel like jan is my month.

Hope all is well with everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Everything is looking up for me. The brown discharge has settled down, still slight. Yesterday my ob was back at work so I rang the clinic and let them know what had happened and he rang me straight back for a chat. He said that while any discharge is not ideal that it is probably fine if nothing has become worse over the past couple of days and the scan was okay on Christmas Eve. He said that the HCG tests that the GP did were a bit of a waste of time as at over 9 weeks the HCG won't be doubling any more so it doesn't tell us much. He said that I can have another scan sooner if I feel the need before my 12 week appointment. Basically if there isn't bad pain and red blood, things are okay. He figures it probably has to do with the empty sac in there disappearing. Let's hope so!

I felt a million times better that he rang me (I didn't expect that). It made me feel that he's keeping a close eye on the info coming to him. Unfortunately there really isn't anything that can be done if things go bad so we can only ever wait and hope for the best. I still don't have any pregnancy symptoms apart from some fatigue so it's hard to feel that everything is progressing well.

Petulia - the injection I mentioned was anti-D. If you are a negative blood group you need to have this anytime you bleed in pregnancy and with birth etc I think. If the babies are positive blood group your body can form antibodies against them if you're negative. Only about 15% of people are negative. I found out I was positive so it's all okay.

On the home front....my hubby put his foot down yesterday. I went to the next town with my best friend for a blood test and while I was gone he and the visitors cleaned the house completely, did the ironing etc and last night they organised and cooked tea. He's made it clear that he doesn't want me doing too much. It might be silly but I'm very hurt by their selfishness over the past few days. It's my brother, his wife and his 3 kids who are visiting. His kids are 14 and 10. I feel as though they ought to have been more considerate in the first place and it's a bit late to fix now, but I'll have to get over it. Disappointing though.

How's everyone else going?? Gentoo - any more good news?

Thanks
    Reviews

i caved yesterday and tested although i do think it was too early and am not really expecting a positive, of.ofcourse it was.bfn. Will test again on new years day but i feel like jan is my month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo - by the way. I forgot to say, I'm a big believer in Murphy's Law. The day before my BFP we went to a lovely cheese maker in the Adelaide Hills and bought a heap of beautiful goats cheese. Spent a fortune but I'm a cheese maker too and I was keen to try all the different types and experiment with my own. The next day, BFP. Last week I threw out the last of the cheese that hubby hadn't managed to get through himself. Go Murphy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear things seem okay with you Nat. I'm A+ blood type, so luckily that's something I don't have to worry about.
    I went to my GP yesterday and with the brown discharge she thinks it's possible I could be having a miscarriage. So I had a blood test today and am having an ultrasound in about an hour. Hoping that everything looks okay and the blood is just leftover from sex or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness Petulia! I hope that's not the case! How odd that your GP is so worried and mine wasn't particularly. Don't panic yet. I had it for a few days and all seems well. My doc said it would've become worse and turned red if it were a miscarriage. The ultrasound is the only way to know for sure. Good luck! Thinking of you. It's awful I know. Let us know how you go asap.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Gentoo.
    I havnt tested but I dont think it will be our month. Have a great holiday
    Petulia
    Most commonly the brown discharge is from skin on cervix being affected by hormones. Most gp's dont mention this. Most gp's these days read from their online textbook. Good luck.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (28-12-2012)