Closed Thread
Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hang in there Debstar, so many hurdles to cross in grieving this loss hey? Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know that corny Christmas song from "Love Actually" - "All I Want for Christmas is You?". Well, all I wanted this Christmas is a BFP. And the song has been going around and around in my head for days.

Cue yesterday morning, and I couldn't believe it when what looked like a faint line appeared. And then this morning:

IMG_0467.jpg

I thought I'd be terrified, but surprisingly I'm not. It's still very early days (only 12 dpo) so I'm trying not to get too caught up just yet, but at the same time I'm relieved, happy, ecstatic... you name it!

If nothing else, I've proved that Murphy's Law exists, because this cycle:

(a) My GP is closed for Xmas so I can't get in for blood tests.
    (b) We're heading off to NZ in a few days time.
    (c) I indugled in a few (make that quite a few) drinks at the work Xmas party at 2 dpo, and I was looking forward to our customary Xmas day pisco sour tomorrow.

Yay for Murphy and his immutable law!

Wishing you all a merry Xmas! For those struggling with a loss, I genuinely hope that you'll also have a new BFP soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Wow gentoo. So happy for you. Do you feel the same as last time? (symptoms) I didnt get sore boobs til 14dpo. I am 9dpo atm. Big hugs and enjoy holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Gentoo, congratulations. What a nice Christmas present

I just wanted to quickly pop on here and wish everyone a very happy Christmas and New Year. This thread has been a constant source of good advice and support for me this year and I am very grateful.

All the best to those of you with BFP's and loads and loads of babydust to everyone else who is still trying. Hopefully 2013 will be our year.

x
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 24-12-2012 at 14:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Gentoo!! Congratulations!!! That is absolutely brilliant news. So very happy for you.

Sorry I'm late on my Christmas wishes, but I hope you all had a fantastic day.

I'm having a somewhat stressful time with brown discharge for a few days and small amount of blood on Christmas Eve day. I rushed off to a doctor in the next town as my ob is closed. She did a scan and my bubs still have good heartbeats etc. But I had to have blood tests and then try to get results on Christmas Day. After encountering very unhelpful people at the testing lab I eventually got a midwife at the hospital to get my results of blood group to see if I needed to go and get an injection. I didn't, so that was good. However I have another HCG test tomorrow to see if it is still rising and bubs are okay. I don't really know what's going on but of course it's very stressful. I have a houseful of family and friends here for Christmas this year and I must say that they're being less than considerate of me needing to rest. So I've had to run and run and run and organise Christmas etc with only my best friend taking care to help me out. I'm very frustrated and of course quite emotional. Now today they'd like to go camping and I'm trying to say that I really don't think I should go as I need to travel to the clinic again in the morning for another test and see what's going on. Aaaahhhhh!!! I still have days of visitors and all I want to do is put my feet up and give my bubs the very best chance they can have. I don't see that happening though.

Sorry, feeling very upset at the moment and just needed to spill for a minute. Send me calm positive thoughts and cross your fingers that my bubs keep making it ladies. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, everyone! 14 dpo today and so far, so good. The only symptom at the moment is that my toothpaste tastes weird! As soon as GP surgeries open tomorrow I'll be trying to get an appointment at one.

Oh NAT, I'm so sorry you're having such a stressful time. I've got everything crossed for you that it's simply the blighted ovum detaching, and that the twins stay safe and healthy. Huge hugs! Let your visitors think what they want - do what you need to do!
    Last edited by Gentoo; 26-12-2012 at 13:49.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, merry Christmas.

Congratulations Gentoo! So happy for u.

Nat, thinking of u and sending positive vibes ur way. I hope it is the blighted ovum. I know.how.scary this is and although I didn't get my happy ending I know others who did so please look after urself, it isn't over until it's over and u still have heartbeats.

Everyone else, heres hoping we have our happy ending soon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Debstar76 For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Nat, what a stressful thing to happen at any time, let alone Christmas when everything is shut! I hope you can get some time to relax today and will have everything crossed for you tomorrow.

Like the others said, hopefully it is just the blighted ovum making its way out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. As always it feels better to get things off my chest and get some support from you.
    I'll try to stay calm and will hope for the best with tomorrow's bloods. I really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Gentoo
    Nat, bugger everyone else, you need to rest and look after yourself and your bubs!
    I took the day off work today because after Christmas I feel really tired and a little nauseous. I also had a tiny bit of brown discharge yesterday that was kind of like the remains of a period. Nothing since then, so hopefully everything is okay. Having a dating scan on monday. My partner told me if anything was happening (i.e., miscarriage) there wasn't anything I could do to stop it, which was not at all helpful.
    Nat, what is this injection you were talking about?