Closed Thread
Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Petunia! I am not sure what my cycle is doing this month - I think I may ovulated on D8 of my cycle and missed my opportunity to TTC...perhaps it is best to wait till after we move anyway (although not being pregnant at christmas is very painful - I would have been 18 weeks now). I hope the christmas shopping is going well for all!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Debstar76 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve been away for a bit too, trying not to obsess over TTC too much. But I thought I’d come back for a bit of support as I’m finding myself getting a bit upset about the constant failures, month after month. I’m really hoping for a BFP this month as next month would have been my due date if I hadn’t had a mc, so I’m not looking forward to facing that without a new pregnancy. I’m very happy for all the positive stories on this thread, I’m especially happy to hear about Petulia’s natural BFP, as that gives me hope (we’re not going down the IVF path, so it’s either natural or nothing for me).
    I’m currently in the TWW, with AF due around new years. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Petulia! I'm so glad to hear it can still happen even at our advanced age

Am getting over my early loss (hate that term but it's not technically a miscarriage when it's that early). I have a final blood test tomorrow to check it's all gone. Then I think I'll O around New Year's Eve, so lots of reasons to BD .

Struggling through the last few days of work though. Isn't it supposed to tail off before Christmas? I don't think I've ever been busier!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for the updates ladies. Great to read where everyone is at. Debstar, I hope that Christmas goes okay for you. I can only imagine how hard it still must be. I'm sure it will always be with you but I'm glad you're getting back on track.

Meg2 - Great to hear from you. I still COMPLETELY believe in the natural way. We have basically found that there was no reason why we couldn't have conceived naturally, it was probably just time and it would've happened eventually. We just hurried it up with IVF. But it's only a matter of time I reckon, even for we old ducks! Great to have you back and I really really hope that this is your month!!

RoRo - It sounds so much harder that getting your body ready again takes a while. I hadn't thought of that before this forum and it must be really difficult. New Years is the perfect time for a 2013 baby!! 13 has to be lucky for some!!!

AFM, I had my first ob appointment today (8weeks) and the bubs are looking good and he reckons they're definitely identical. Best of all, they are in 2 sacs, so that is one less risk we're dealing with. Happy news for us. I take every day as such a blessing at this stage...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone for your congratulations. Of course, it's early days yet so fingers crossed it sticks. It totally can happen to us fabulous mature ladies! I honestly think it took me 7 months to figure out how it all worked - which involved a LOT of ovulation sticks - and once I finally got it all together it worked.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Nat256, congrats on your second scan. What a relief to find they are in two sacs! Whats happened to the blighted ovum?

Sorry, busy tonight so just a quick message from me. I'm so behind on all my forums! Maybe I'll get some catch up time over the hols.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsErinR, it's such a busy time of year isn't it! The blighted ovum is still there but the ob seems to think that it will just shrink and be absorbed. He said I probably won't even get bleeding and it shouldn't be a risk to the bubs.
    I found this morning that I've lost weight so I'm a bit concerned about that (the things I never thought I'd say!). I'm less than my pre-pregnancy weight and should've gained a couple of kilo by the end of my 3rd trimester. I haven't been sick at all so I think I'm just not eating enough for the extra energy being used. The good news is that it's license to binge over Christmas and be 2kg up by mid January!!

I hope you're all ready for Christmas. I have my brother and his family travelling across state to visit us for a week so we're very excited about that. They have 14 year old twin girls and a 10 year old girl. Nice to be with the kids at Christmas. I'm off to my nearest big town to do the big Christmas grocery shop today and get prepared. Christmas lunch will be on our farm under the gum trees if the weather is nice, or in the old cottage if not. My best friend is coming too so she and I are going to get creative with some rustic Christmas decorations for the table this weekend. Yay, Christmas is nearly here!! Is everyone else ready?

Thanks
    Reviews
    oops...1st trimester, not 3rd!! 2kg by the end of the 3rd might be wishful thinking...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats, Petulia! It's good to hear some positive stories of natural conception.

You must be thrilled, NAT - that's great news. I hope all continues going well. The next question is - are they two boys or two girls? Can't wait to find out.

I'm with you Debstar - approaching Xmas without a pregnancy sucks big time. We were planning on waiting until Xmas to tell the family that we were almost 7 months pregnant (surprise!) and now... nada.

AFM - still in the TWW, 9dpo. If my life was a movie, there'd be a little Xmas miracle waiting to be revealed on Xmas day (when AF is due). If only.... The one time I was preggo I felt PMSey by this point, so the absence of anything like that isn't hopeful. Still, fingers crossed....
    Last edited by Gentoo; 22-12-2012 at 21:58. Reason: Stupid predictive text!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we are in Evan head with the family and everyone is carefully avoiding the topic of babies and pregnancy...it is killing me and even harder than I thought it would be. I would have been 20 weeks yesterday. I miss my babies everyday. I don't think this will b our lucky month. We did TTC but we were so busy preparing to move and working, catching up with friends that I don't think it will be bfp. We will put all our energy to.it after the move.

I want to.wish everyone a merry Christmas and safe new year and keep spreading baby dust!