Closed Thread
Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Just arrived home from my long weekend and I'm so thrilled to be met with your fantastic news RoRo!! Congratulations!!! Keeping fingers crossed that your numbers double beautifully. That is such great news. Yay for double lines!!!

Well I ran and ran and ran all weekend catering for my friend's 40th getaway in 36 degree heat so I didn't have time to worry too much about how I'm progressing. Phew! Talk about energy sapping!! Now that I'm home I'm back to being worried about my lack of symptoms with the scan looming on Wednesday. I'll be absolutely thrilled if it's all good news and we have a lovely heartbeat. I feel pretty scared at the moment though.

Bring on those Christmas miracles ladies! We're on a roll of good news and we look forward to more soon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Nat256. I hope you get some sleep tonight. Not too much stressing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your scans, NAT256 and maplefern! I hope everything goes well!

My good news didn't last I'm afraid. Second beta showed my hcg was falling, not doubling, and AF just started. Very sad today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Good luck for your scans, NAT256 and maplefern! I hope everything goes well!

My good news didn't last I'm afraid. Second beta showed my hcg was falling, not doubling, and AF just started. Very sad today.
    Oh RoRo, I am so so sorry to hear that. I wish I could say something comforting but there are really no words are there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so very sorry to hear the news, Roro. Sometimes the universe just seems cruel. Even though it was very early, it's totally normal and perfectly okay to feel grief and anger - please know that we're thinking of you!
    Last edited by Gentoo; 12-12-2012 at 11:31. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Thinking of you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry RoRo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh RoRo - That is the worst news I could've read today. I'm so so so sorry for you!!

I feel bad giving an update now but thanks for your good wishes RoRo and MrsErinR. The short version is that we have twins! You might remember that we had two embryos transferred. Well, from what we can figure at this stage, one is now an empty sac so it transplanted but didn't go further and the other one seems to have split! Looks like it will be identical twins (though this isn't absolutely certain either, there is still a small chance it's the 2 separate embryos somehow). We still have a very long way to go because all of this makes us very high risk unfortunately. The empty sac (blighted ovum) will probably come away at some stage putting the other at risk. Also, we are waiting to see if the twins are in separate sacs or the same one. If it's the same one it's not so good. It's a bit early to tell so I'm going for another scan next Tues. Anyway, both look a very good size with very good heartbeats so we're super grateful about that and hoping for the best from here on.

Once again, RoRo, I'm SO sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh NAT256 I'm so happy to hear you have bubs inside! Please don't feel bad; I'm so pleased for you that you've got good news after so long waiting and trying. And I hope you are allowed lots of scans so that you can be sure the babies are growing well. So awesome that you got to see heartbeats! When's your next scan?

I am consciously making myself look towards the future and two weeks of holiday, and my DH is being absolutely lovely and supportive. Like MrsErinR, I'm now inspired to lose a couple of kilos (IVF seems to have snuck one on me) and be healthy for whatever 2013 bring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks RoRo. My next scan is on Tuesday so only a few days. I've now been handed over to my obstetrician who is only 1 1/2 hours from home (way better than going to the city), so I look forward to following through with him. I think with twins I'll get lots and lots of visits and scans - which is absolutely fine with me because I'm super worried!

Well done on taking a positive view of the future today. I know how yuck it is to keep fronting up again and again. Enjoy the holiday and big pat on the back for DH!!