Closed Thread
Page 31 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry you're feeling down, MrsErinR. This whole TTC business seems to be a long rollercoaster ride of hopeful anticipation, followed by disappointment, followed by hopeful anticipation, followed by disappointment, followed by...... I can't wait till we finally make it to the end of the ride - enough of these ups and downs, already!

AF arrived yesterday afternoon, a day early. (ARGH!) I had BFNs on Sat and Sun so wasn't taken completely unaware, but had nonetheless been harbouring lingering hopes of a 12dpo BFP. It also means these awful herbs from the naturopath haven't actually extended my luteal phase.

After getting a BFP our first month trying, I'd thought that we were sitting at the upper end of the normal curve for monthly success rates. But four cycles post-MC, I'm increasingly thinking that yep, we probably are down at the average of 15% per cycle. I always hated statistics - one of my least favourite subjects at uni - and now I hate it even more!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Gentoo, big hugs.

Erin, I think its too early to test at DPO10. I heard the earliest you should try is 12 days past.. Dont give up hope just yet

Nat, Ill be 6 weeks when we have our scan.. My nausea is getting worse. No actually throwing but feeling like rubbish until lunchtime is becoming an increasing theme. Not sure how people work through it to be honest but guess Ill have to find a way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Gentoo. I hope the luteal phase can sort itself out. 12 days is still okay isn't it? Obviously 14 is better but 12 sounds within normal too. Are you going to stick with the herbs anyhow or try something else? I hope you're on the up and up today and ready to start a new cycle with hope. My luteal phase was short too and now that I'm on progesterone with IVF I wonder why this isn't offered to help out in the luteal phase in a natural cycle. I'm no doctor but maybe it could've helped us to maintain a pregnancy. Who knows...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo I know how you feel After deciding not to try when i ovulated first time after mc we are waiting of AF to arrive so we can start counting and officially begin trying again. I know AF is due in 2 days and I am feeling exceptinally bloated and have lower back pain like I haven't had since I was a teenager....Like you I am hoping that as we had success first time we tried it will happen that way again but I know the stats aren't on our side...i am secretly hoping we also fall pregnant with twins again (stats are on our side for that as it was spontaneous pregnancy)....I am counting down the days to O and then when i can start testing...I have figured out that if I ovulate when i think i will I can test on xmas day!!! That would be amazing.

Chin up everyone....this has been a hard year for most for a variety of reasons but the festive season is almost here and on the plus side those not preggers can enjoy a glass of wine or two (although I may need a bottle as I know christmas is going to hit me hard without my beautiful bubs in my tummy baking away).

Thinking of you all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Thanks for boosting me up ladies. This TWW is doing my head in and the progesterone is not helping my sanity one bit! I have all sorts of crazy twinges and pains and I can't tell if it's me or the progesterone. Plus it messes with my head too and I'm getting a bit melodramatic about everything.

Nat, my blood test is on Monday but I'll test before then for sure. I expect I'll maybe make it to Thursday before I succumb to the temptation. That will be 8dp5dt. I'm still feeling that this is not our month. If that's the case I will enjoy the Christmas drinks as Debstar suggests! We are still going to try the old fashioned way in December but also just be casual and have a month where we don't take it all too seriously, which will do me good I think. Then we kick off again in late December.

Gentoo, sorry to hear that AF arrived for you.

Good luck with your scans Nat and Vivre
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 27-11-2012 at 22:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Debstar, good to read that your Christmas might bring a wonderful surprise. I really hope you have that!

MrsErinR - I hope you get the very best result on Thursday or Monday. I'm thinking of you and crossing everything that you have a sneaky little bub on board who just hasn't shown themself yet

Vivre - I can't wait to hear how your scan went!

AFM, we had another blood test on Monday and my HCG has gone from 225 to 2700 so it looks like it's doubled every 2 days like it's supposed to which is a lovely relief. The progesterone has also risen and the doctor is ringing today to tell me whether I need to stay on the same dose for a while longer. Even though it's super expensive to buy I'd rather be safe than sorry but I'll see what she says. Still no real symptoms so it's nice to get results and know that everything is progressing. Now it's the dreaded TWW until the scan. Scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, hoping a newbie can join in. I am 35 now and on the journey for number two. I keep saying i want to do it now or I can't imagine how I can cope if it is later. I am tired enough now with a four year old!

We are not avoiding getting pregnant but I am trying to avoid tracking cycles etc for as long as possible as last time it took over a year to fall. So not sure how long this journey will be.

Looking forward to joining in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, upforroundtwo & good luck with your quest for number 2.

Keeping fingers crossed for everyone that good news arrives in the santa bag and especially Erin in the next week

Well we had our 6 week scan today and its becoming very real that this is all happening. Saw a nice big blob on the screen otherwise known as the baby who has a big thumping heartbeat which put a huge smile on our faces. We also got a take home pic which will now go proudly on the fridge.
    I was so paranoid that I didn't sleep too well last night so FS started talking to me about slowing down (she is probably right anyway) which was quite funny

So one more scan with FS in 2 weeks time and Im officially handed over to the baby Drs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Vivre!! That is brilliant news!! What a relief to see that heart thumping away.

Welcome upforroundtwo - great to have you along and we hope your easygoing approach has great results for you!
    Last edited by NAT256; 28-11-2012 at 18:14.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Oh Vivre how exciting!!!! Welcome upforroundtwo. It's a really nice group of supportive ladies on this thread and we're happy to have you join us.

AFM, I don't think things are looking too good. I've had all sorts of AF like symptoms today. The only saving grace is that AF hasn't actually arrived but I've got to be realistic and say things are not looking good for a BFP for me. I will test in the morning if AF still hasn't come.

Otherwise I'm readying myself for a drinking December and ivf again after that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (29-11-2012)