Closed Thread
Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Gentoo - don't worry about no symptoms. After a year of symptom spotting with not one positive result I've now discovered, I don't get symptoms! They are slowly kicking in now at 5 weeks so I had no chance of spotting them before a BFP. So every month is possible, it aint over til it's over!

Debstar - I'm so pleased to hear you're feeling positive. I'm sure it's a great step forward and you've done the right thing getting help. Some things are just too big to handle alone. Well done to you!!!

Well our weekend will be a visit from a friend from another town. She knows about our IVF and our BFP so it will be nice to be able to talk openly about it. The secret is killing me!!! Then on Sunday we'll be back into painting the cottage and making timber bench tops for our kitchen.

So I'm going through all the ups and downs of this week's BFP. I am incredibly excited but also scared to death of how far we have to go to get a bub. But hubby and I have decided to thoroughly enjoy the excitement, not be afraid of 'jinxing' anything by talking about it and planning. We figure that if the very worst happens we will be devastated and we can't protect ourselves from that by not allowing ourselves to get excited. And if all goes well, we want to thoroughly enjoy this time. Does that make sense? Is that what others have done/are doing??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Hi everyone. 2dp5dt for me and I'm watching for symptoms but not going too crazy. Have been away for work for two days which was not great timing when i wanted to be restful, but was a good distraction.

I've had very minor AF like cramps since Wednesday.

Sadly we found out today that none of our embryos made it to freezing. So, it's just the one on board and if that fails we'll kick on with another round in January.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Nat, I was the same as you, just wanted to enjoy every day as each was further than we had ever got before. I was happy to go along like that and am glad I did. I am still travelling along like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MrsErinR, sorry to hear that the other embies didn't make it to freezing. But keep positive about the one you have on board. It has as good a chance as any (and probably even more so being a 5 day transfer). Go little embie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad your counselling has gone well Debstar and you are looking forward to your next cycle.

Gentoo good luck if you test this weekend. Don't worry about symptoms. Nat didn't have any and look at her now.

MrsErinR sorry to hear that none made it to freezing, but maybe the one you have is the one that is meant to be and your next round will be in anohter year or so for a sibling.

Nat, when do you find out if it is twins? I don't think you have said when your scan is? Sorry if I have missed it.

I am now on leave for 2 weeks. I have spent my first day of leave by getting up at 7:30. Not a promising start. I was also at work till 8 last night fixing things up and leaving notes. I'm hoping by this afternoon I will feel like I can unwind. We are going to A Day on the Green at Rochford Wines. Hoodoo Gurus, Boom Crash Opera and James Reyne are playing. To be honest I'm not a fan of any of them. We just thought it would be nice to just sit back at a winerey and listen to music.

Tomorrow we are off to Byron Bay. Friends are getting married there next weekend but we decided to go up for about 10 days. We will hire a car and just drive around up there for a few days.
    Last edited by byline; 24-11-2012 at 07:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Byline, your holiday sounds fantastic. Enjoy!
    My scan is on 12 December and I'll be 7 weeks and 2 days at that stage. I think that's when I'll find out if it's twins. I have a blood test on Monday and maybe the rise in HCG will be a clue but of course that's not perfectly accurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, hope the weekend is going well

Gentoo, dont worry too much about symptoms, Ive been reading a lot about different scenarios and everyone is so different even though some people are in similar stages. Its so tough I know when you are wondering what is going on but one thing Im learning is that patience is something you need to try and develop.
    BTW Im still rubbish at it so I hope you fair better

Erin, keeping fingers crossed for that very special embryo. I had lots of cramping throughout the TWW and nurses said to me not to worry unless you see bleeding, so hopefully its the same for you

Byline sounds like you have some great things planned for your break, enjoy

Nat, how are you going? Any symptoms developing ?

We have our viability scan on Wednesday and im so nervous. This 2 week wait between our positive blood test and first scan has nearly been as long as the 1st 2WW. Hubby especially doesnt want to get too excited until we atleast hear a heartbeat. There are lots of reasons for me to miscarry so I may well be being paranoid but its all for a valid reason.
    I am however buoyed by some pregnancy symptoms. Im still dead tired and lots of bathroom visits. I have waves of nausea but nothing that isnt solved by a Savoy biscuit. Im also back to feeling like someone is trying to stretch my belly today from the inside. Its such a weird sensation but hopefully its the baby making them-self cosy.

Hope everyone has a great week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vivre - not many symptoms still. I have tender breasts, a bit more than in a normal cycle. Today I've had slight twinges. It's so worrying, any little twinge. But not much else. I know what you mean about the viability scan. We're already counting the days to that one, ours is two weeks after yours. How many weeks are you when you have it done? The waiting is really hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to come in here and just vent but I'm being a misery-guts today. I did a FRER this morning which I shouldn't do as it it probably too early at 5dp5dt.

I was really just hoping there would be a super super faint line...but there was nothing.

Anyway, hopefully I will be proved wrong but I feel like I need to start preparing myself for a BFN and another round of IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naaw, sorry to read that it's getting you down today MrsErinR. When are you officially supposed to test? I figure 5dp5dt is only like day 10 on a natural cycle isn't it? (I get so confused as to what it all means...) There is definitely still hope from there!! I'll be keeping absolutely everything crossed for you and sending you lots of . In the meantime, feel free to vent whenever you need. Waiting is so so so so so hard but whether it's this time or next, every day is one step closer to that BFP.