Closed Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its unusual that you spend most of your life trying to control outcomes and trying really hard to achieve goals. This process seems like mostly opposite, this one you are supposed to just try and relax and go along from the ride.
    Its just such a contrast to our usual world and I think thats why it seems so much more difficult

I had AMH test when I went to FS (who is also going to managing our IVF), she just said to me to have the test the egg store. Mine came back as 10 I think which she was average for my age. In her words it was not bad but also not great.
    I just realized I haven't actually Dr Googled to see what it all means.

Positive OPK for me today so in my mind the count to IVF begins.. Given my short luteal phase & ovulation probably occuring in next 1 or 2 days, its all becoming scarily close.. Counselling apt on Tuesday night which Im a bit nervous about but we'll see how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha...I'm a control freak too. There seems to be a pattern emerging here amongst us girls!

I think that's why I feel more comfortable each month knowing I have a plan for the month ahead...something different to try etc etc. I feel comforted knowing IVF is possibly ahead for us. It means we are doing something constructive towards our goal.

My AMH was 54.3. So, I'm happy it's high, but it's sort of so high for my age that it's a bit odd I think?? Makes me worry that they calculated it incorrectly or put the decimal point in the wrong place!

I've been doing bday invites tonight...I will be 40 in a month! I really hoped to get pregnant before reaching that milestone but I'm thinking it's not looking too likely now. Hoping we might start IVF in November.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also have to stick my hand up for being a control freak! After micro-managing every little thing, it's majorly frustrating to not be able to micro-manage this.

I ended up adding AMH to my pathology request form. Even though we seemed to conceive easily earlier this year, I harbour horrible nagging worries about whether it was just a freak occurence. I'd like to know what my AMH levels are now, rather than discover in a few months time that they're terrible. I'm also hoping it will show I don't have PCOS - my mother has it, so it's another nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

Had a bit of a mini-meltdown on Saturday. AF disappeared abruptly overnight (after only 2 days) and I made the mistake of googling possible causes. Then when I hopped on Facebook, up popped a picture of a friend with her newborn. I hadn't even realised she was pregnant, so it was a bit of a surprise. Had a bit of a cry over that - it felt like the universe taking another shot. (Again, to the universe: "WTF?")

Enough about me. Is anyone in the TWW at the moment? I'd love to hear some more good news stories from this group - I think it is sorely deserved by all of us!

Hope the party planning goes well, MrsErinR!
    Last edited by Gentoo; 10-09-2012 at 00:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Once again you have helped me enormously by confirming that I'm in good company with being a bit of a control-freak. I love having this forum to share my hopes and frustrations. Trying to keep IVF a secret in my tiny town and work site will be a challenge so I'm glad I have you to BLAH to when needed!

Vivre and MrsErinR - It sounds like the AMH results vary considerably so now I'm curious!

Gentoo - hate those moments when things catch us off guard. Hope you're okay and on the up an up

Well AF arrived for me so I'm happy that I'm not in a never ending cycle. So that means I had a weird 2 week cycle and then had light AF when I was meant to be ovulating. I didn't know if this was AF but it seems it was and last month has been a new cycle which is my normal cycle length (missed DTD though because I got all mixed up!! Bummer!!)

I agree Gentoo, who's in the TWW??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to ask MrsErinR- what are your plans for 40?? What sort of party do you have planned? Love to hear....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm in the TWW...12dpo to be exact but I don't think I'm going to have good news to share as I had a pretty big temp drop this morning so I expect AF is on the way!

I did sneak in a test over the weekend that not surprisingly...was a BFN.

As for my 40th...I'm hoping very low key. A dinner out with my family (small about 7-8 people) and another with my friends ( a bit larger...maybe about 15-20 people).

I got married in April so I really feel like I've already had my big event for this year!

Sadly, I have timed the big dinner with friends so it falls during the first two weeks of the month where I don't feel guilty about drinking! Gee, this TTC just takes over your life!
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 10-09-2012 at 16:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you have a great celebration MrsErin in whatever way you see fit!

We are officially ready to start IVF after counselling appointment last night. The whole thing was strange, we both come out afterwards and thought the whole purpose was to get us to sign a form and get us to decide what we would do with embyos if one of us died. Other big question with 5 minutes notice is what we'd like to do with embyos or sperm not used i.e. medical research, dispose or donate to other couples
    Interesting stuff
    Im fairly sure I have ovulated either today or yesterday so the countdown begins..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - thanks for the heads up Vivre. We'll have a chat and be better prepared if these questions come up for us before starting IVF. So many ethical issues to consider, it really is an area I'd never considered before, how I feel about the embryos etc. Hmmmmm....
    So what is the first step in IVF Vivre? What do you wait on now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone, I am currently on my honeymoon in the States and am hoping desperately for a honeymoon baby. I had some light brown spotting around 4/5 dpo and am fearful that our age will make things difficult and my hubby has already said he doesn't want the stress of IVF. I too am a huge control freak and am struggling with the.fact that TTC is a process with so many variables that cannot be controlled. I have my fingers crossed for everyone that our journey' will b successful

Thanks
    Reviews
    and lots of to you on your honeymoon Debstar76!