Closed Thread
Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    9 follicles MrsErinR!! That's fantastic!! Keep em growing and I hope they all make it to collection at a good size. Well done and the bruises are definitely worth it for that! I only got 2 bruises and it was when I did the pen myself. All the others that hubby did didn't bruise so I'll definitely sign him up for that job again next time.

Vivre - can't wait to hear your test result...

Byline - sorry to read about the temp plunge but stranger things have happened so hold out hope until the end.

Debstar76 - I continue to send you lots of healing thoughts and hope that day by day you find the next bit of strength you need. I can't imagine what it takes....

Well, my best friend travelled 5 hours to be here for me this weekend and support us after the transfer. She took great interest in our blob pics and brought us a lovely card and book with lots of positive thoughts to read and reflect on as we wait it out. She also helped us paint the bathroom in our cottage!! (Thoughtful and practical!) She's just left for the big drive back home and I'm so thankful that if I only tell one person in real life that it's her. What a champ!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nat, not sure what drug your trigger shot was, but I found this on another thread and thought it might be useful for you:

"Ovidrel has a half-life of 27 hours and 250mcg is approximately 6700 IU."

Based on that, if you take a dosage of 250 mcg, it should reach levels less than 10 mIU (ie. less than a FRER sensiticity by about 11 days after the trigger.

Bummer, byline - I hope next cycle will be the one for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Sorry for being away for so long; had an unexpectedly long pity party for myself after the BFN. Seem to be coming right now - booked a haircut today.

Debstar, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through. You have every right to grieve for as long as it takes, and so does your DH. I am thinking of you and hoping you feel some small comfort that you have friends around you. And I hope Santa comes through for you (and all of us; we've been such good girls this year).

How many women go through this completely alone, I wonder? Thank goodness for the lovely safe anonymous internet!

Vivre, did you test today or are you holding out? I have all available extremities crossed for you; I'll even plait my hair if it might help

NAT, I'm so glad you got a frosty! Here's hoping you don't need it for aaaaages. Are your bruises all faded now?

MrsErinR, 9 follicles woohoo!! Can't wait to hear how your ET goes!

Byline, I've been thinking of you today; hope you're okay and I've not lost hope that this is your month.

Gentoo, how are you going? You're our living symbol that people our age actually can get pregnant, you know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today was tough. My body still thinks I am pregnant so my hormones are all over the place and I am not really ready to b back at work although I did go today. I felt like I was barely breathing and found it hard to watch others go on with their day while my life stopped. I came home in tears this afternoon but have made an appointment to see a counselor next week. I don't want to b a.downer but I am not sure how I move on from here. To make matters worse my mum is leaning on me.for support for her grief and I don't want to be selfish but it doesn't feel fair when I.am.the.one hurting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Debstar - Have you considered counselling? My IVF group suggested it in case anyone was struggling with IVF. Apparently a GP can prescribe a wellness package for free counselling and it may help the grief process

MrsErin - Thats a great number of embyros.. Keep up the good growing work and Nat hope your two are nicely settling in & that the Crinone hasnt turned you into a crazy person just yet

Well I had a really busy weekend which was great as it was a nice distraction. Today Ive had a really weird taste in my mouth which I havent had before so I finally broke down and did a HPT when I got home

As attached (Sorry its a file sharing thing)
    http://www.4shared.com/photo/pKwV6gae/001.html

So what do you think? Its not as strong as the control line but definitely a big fan line.. Im now getting paranoid that this may be real and not left over drugs from the cycle
    Only 2 more sleeps to go

RoRo get plaiting!!
    Last edited by Vivre; 12-11-2012 at 18:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vivre! That's so dark! Hopeful happy hugs to you, my girl! will plait tomorrow's hairdo just in case, but that's an awesome line!

Debstar, I do think counselling might be worth trying; I hope your appointment next week helps.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Hullo, thought I'd come in and say hi. It's taken a while to get here been trying for over 5 years now, had 2 unsuccessful iui's and now on my first ivf cycle. EPU was scheduled for tomorrow, then it was Wed now looks like Friday.

How's everyone else doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Vivre woohoo!!!

That looks really dark to me. Fingers crossed for you.

Welcome twiglets. A lot of us here doing our first IVF. I think I'm having egg pickup Thursday. To be confirmed tomorrow. We'll be in sync. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much time to write but Vivre....yes!!! That definitely looks like the very best result!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Woo hoo Vivre. I think you can stop being paranoid and huge congrats are in order.