Closed Thread
Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck today Nat - I hope all goes well and am glad you DH could be there to hold your hand. Wishing everyone sticky BFPs in the very near future (myself included)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well we're back from another flying visit to the city. Great news....we got our 2 embryos transferred!!! We are so pleased. We also have the 3rd one still going and they will check it tomorrow morning and see if it can be frozen.So we feel absolutely blessed that out of only 4 follicles we got 2 good embryos and possibly one to freeze.

Both hubby and I felt a bit emotional when we saw the pics of our embryos when we first arrived. Then when they were about to transfer they showed us again through the microscope, live on the screen. The embryologist was pleased to see that they'd grown again since the morning when the picture had been taken too.

We're super excited to see how we go and of course hoping for the best possible outcomes. But whatever happens we're pleased that we've had the chance to try this month and complete the cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

That's great news, NAT! I've got my fingers crossed that they're both starting to burrow in right now. Can't wait to hear how it's gone in two weeks' time!

How are you getting in, Vivre? I hope the wait to test isn't driving you too mad.

And how are you, Debstar? I'm thinking of you, and hoping that you're getting on as well as can be expected. Hugs again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivre View Post

Nat, what does the Progynova tablets do? Im only on 1 Crinone dose a day & thats fun enough. Ive heard it mentioned as devil cream but its hard to say whether its your mind and/or the drugs that slowly send you mental
    Forgot to answer you Vivre. Apparently the Progynova is oestrogen. It was explained to me that they replace the oestrogen because in stopping the normal cycle this needs to be replaced. It's actually mostly Hormone Replacement Therapy for women going through menopause and I'm on a double dose of what they usually take. So it's a bit of a worry taking so much but I'll see how I go with side effects.

Does anyone know if HPTs work in an IVF cycle or do we need to wait for the blood test? I haven't looked into it but do remember something about the trigger injection might interfere with results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats interesting Nat, I wonder why I'm not on it as well
    Congrats on the 2 embryos, rest-up and hopefully they are settling in for a long journey.

Im going ok Gentoo, trying to delay when I do a HPT. Im trying to hold out until Monday as I suspect any earlier is a waste of time but will be interesting to see how I go. Lucky I have had a busy day today & a busy tomorrow so lots of distractions

I lost the desperate tiredness about 2 days ago so im not feeling too optimistic. Its strange they tell you not to read into the signs as most of them are drug related but when I felt exhausted at least that seemed plausible. I go through stages of being crampy, nausea and occasionally tired in waves so we'll see what happens
    I was worried because I tend to have a quite short luteal phase (DPO 10/11) normally so Im technically up to DPO12 today which I guess is good news.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivre For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vivre - yeah it's odd that things are so different between clinics. The other thing is that the pamphlet in the Progynol says 'must not be taken if pregnant'! They assure me it's not right at this stage and that everyone freaks out when they read the pamphlet. Geez....talk about having to trust the clinic!!!

Well we got our little Frosty. It made it to today and looks good so they froze it today. Yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today has been tough. I have had lots of cramping and have not been sleeping much so DH and I thought we would go furniture shopping to take my mind off it. It was working for a while until I saw the cutest twins and burst into tears. I made a wish to Santa to bring me a sticky one for xmas. I hope I have been good enough this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you've had a tough day, Debstar. When you're first TTC, seeing pregnent women or women with young babies fills you with hope. But when you've had a miscarriage, it just feels like a horrible reminder of what you've lost. It hurts less with time, but I think it is perfectly okay to try and avoid pregnant women for a while. Easier said than done, I know, but don't feel like you have to expose yourself to your own personal kryptonite just now.

Please, please rest assured that your MC was nothing to do with anything you did. It's not a matter of being punished for anything - it's just one of those things that happens for no good reason and to people who are completely undeserving of it. One of the stages in the grieving process is "bargaining" - when you plead with the universe and tell it that you'll do anything, if only it'll grant you a child. I really hope that you become pregnant again quickly, but if it doesn't happen straight away please know it isn't through any fault of your own, nor is it any kind of indictment on you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Debstar sorry to hear about your tough day.

Vivre, that sounds really promising for you.

Nat, glad to hear the transfer went well and that you have a frosty.

I'm 13 dpo and my temp plummeted to the depths of despair this morning. I kept telling myself not to get my hopes up because it was a long shot but I still feel disappointed.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to byline For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat256, congrats! I'm so happy to hear that your ET went to plan. How exciting!

I had my first BT/ultrasound yesterday at CD8. There are 9 follicles and they want me to stay on the meds until Tuesday to grow them up a bit. They ranged between 10mm and 15mm I think. At this stage Egg collection possibly Thursday. My poor old tummy is looking pretty worse for wear right now! I've got some decent bruises made worse by putting on tight jeans to go out last night.

Vivre good luck for your test this week.

Sorry if I've missed people, and I know I have. Gotta rush out the door again now. Will catch up later.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (11-11-2012),Vivre  (11-11-2012)