Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

I meant subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just an update. I have got af. I never thought I would be happy to see af while tcc, but after m/c 4 weeks ago, I was never going to know what cd 1 was. At I know now.

Anyway it seems af arrived 4 weeks after red blood stopped (2 days after losing sac) and three weeks after hcg went to 0.

Big hugs to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    I didn't have any cysts at all on an ultrasound though, so I just don't understand! Did you?
    I didn't get a ultrasound, he probably figured it out from my blood tests? He didn't even get round to fixing my pcos either was meant to last month when I saw him, reminded him about it and he was going to look into fixing it this month when I see him, guess he doesn't have to now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're in sync, Kazza! (Af started yesterday). I was bummed at first, but now glad that all seems to be working normally again.

Here's to a successful new cycle for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for good thoughts ladies. DH booked us a long weekend away after the stress of last couple of weeks so it's been nice to get away. Unfortunately the dramas are still around but I do feel more positive to face them this week now.

A new thread for us....hoping that means a fresh new start to TTC!!! Hee hee....

Those of you having the AMH test, can I ask why? My IVF folk suggested it be done before my appointment with them but then my gyn asked why and said I didn't need it. He wanted to know how in the world it will change any treatment because it's more for those wondering whether to delay TTC....which of course we're not. I can see his point that it won't make any difference to us what the result is and that it seems to be a standard test these days for the sake of it (he is more cynical and says it's for the $). So I'll have it after my initial IVF appt if they insist but I will ask the question of it's purpose also. Has anyone else asked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Thanks for good thoughts ladies. DH booked us a long weekend away after the stress of last couple of weeks so it's been nice to get away. Unfortunately the dramas are still around but I do feel more positive to face them this week now.

A new thread for us....hoping that means a fresh new start to TTC!!! Hee hee....

Those of you having the AMH test, can I ask why? My IVF folk suggested it be done before my appointment with them but then my gyn asked why and said I didn't need it. He wanted to know how in the world it will change any treatment because it's more for those wondering whether to delay TTC....which of course we're not. I can see his point that it won't make any difference to us what the result is and that it seems to be a standard test these days for the sake of it (he is more cynical and says it's for the $). So I'll have it after my initial IVF appt if they insist but I will ask the question of it's purpose also. Has anyone else asked?
    A weekend away sounds like just what you need Nat! DH and I have booked a holiday too...I think it'll do us good.

As for AMH...a GP ordered it for me, but to be honest I don't think she really understood what it was and was just reacting to my concern that I might not have been ovulating one month. (I found her pretty useless actually, and have changed GP's now!)

So...when I realised I did actually ovulate I held off having the test. But, when I made FS appt I mentioned I had this referral and they said it wouldn't hurt to have it as the FS would probably order it anyway, which he did.

I think you're right that it gives background info to someone about whether it is OK to delay TTC...but also I gather that the response gives some info about how you might respond to IVF. Low AMH may mean you don't produce many eggs in an IVF cycle, and High AMH may indicate you have PCOS or may be at risk of OHSS (Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome). So, I think FS will then use it as a guide to define your IVF Drug protocol and how 'powerful' it needs to be.

Anyway, this is my layman's understanding...courtesy of Google!

Thanks
    Reviews

Mrserin, that is exactly my understanding. With low amh you would expect a smaller egg haul, no less quality mind you, and with an vey high amh you can over stimulate. They want your follicles to all grow up at the same rate so you get eggs at maturity, not lots of wasted follies. My FS ordered it. I don't think it is necessarily a requirement for IVF though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, makes sense. Thanks ladies. There's always something new to learn hey? I'm not anti the AMH at all, but thought it was a valid point raised by my gyn. I'm actually quite interested in the result to know how many are in there, were you??

I'm having another very weird cycle as I mentioned a little while ago and still no AF now. So I'm keen to start the IVF journey and see where it takes us. Having that appointment in a couple of weeks has stopped me worrying about the weird cycle because I know I'm heading towards some help. It's funny that my own cycle has gone out of whack in the past 3 months after consistent cycles for years. I do put a lot of it down to stress though, not about TTC but everything else. So I'm being kind to myself, not worrying and just keep on documenting on FF to see what happens. It hadn't even occurred to me to do a preg test until today. I knew I wasn't but thought I'd better check just in case!

Right now I feel like God/the universe/everything is telling me that I need to learn that I can't control everything. So many HUGE things are beyond my control right now after years of being a super control freak, that I can't help but think it's a lesson I'm being sent! Steep learning curve for me.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Nat, funny you mention the control thing, that was a big issue with IVF for me. I'm a control freak! You have to give over control to your FS and just let go. Even planning dates and organising work can be difficult to control with all the scans bt's and procedures. I was constantly rearranging clients at the last minute, lucky they were good, but I felt bad. I think my freakishness has somewhat lessened, albeit minusculely!