Closed Thread
Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Mrs Erin & Nat hope you resting up post EC

Im really sorry to her your bad new RoRo, does that mean you are launching straight into FET? Ive heard the stats for frozen are even better so lets hope that is true. Enjoy the wedding anniversary

Im doing ok, feel like life is on slow-mo. Ive never been so tired in my life, if this is what pregnancy is like, all pregnant women have my eternal sympathies.
    Ive had waves of cramping and my boobs have enlarged since this all started by apart from the extreme tiredness (especially of late two days) not much happening. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Im trying to work out when I will POAS as I have no doubts I will last until Wed week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vivre I hope those are good symptoms! You're on progesterone pessaries, right? I found they gave me slight pg symptoms, enough to get my hopes up but not as significant as yours seem to be - I'll be crossing all available extremities for you.

The FS called yesterday and I have to wait a month and maybe more for my FET . Apparently they want to stop my natural ovulation for that cycle, and give me drugs (pills not jabs, yay!) to create my lining instead. Not sure how I feel about that.... it's almost like they're saying my natural fertility is so crap that they have to wipe it out in order for me to get pg. Anyway, due to their Christmas closedown I have to get CD1 before 2 December in order to get in this side of Christmas. Don't think that's going to happen. I'm trying to be super healthy and focused on the joys of life this month - jogging, yoga, looking for an acupuncturist. Started out great by getting drunk on a work night for my anniversary

NAT, how are you feeling? Did the city cope with the arrival of the Hillbillies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry this cycle didn't give you the result you wanted, Roro, but glad to know you've got some frozen embryos ready for the next cycle. I hope you enjoyed your anniversary, regardless. Xmas is a pain sometimes! I hope that your AF arrives before 2nd December, but if not, is it okay to try naturally for that cycle? (I wonder how the shopping centre Santa would react if we rocked up to sit on his knee and asked for a BFP for Xmas?)

How did the egg pick-up go, NAT? I hope you're feeling okay today and that you've also got some lovely fertilised eggs dividing away. Did you catch any Cup fever while you were in town?

I've made a booking for a FS for Feb next year. The doctor who has had really good reviews on here is booked solid until then, so I'm glad I called up when I did. At the moment I'm actually feeling like we won't need it (thanks, positive affirmations!) but it's still good to have it there just in case. In the meantime, my acupuncturist has dialled up the treatment - this cycle I'm going twice-weekly during the follicular phase to try and get those ovaries blazing with energy.

How's your natural therapy going, Byline? Are you ready to start TTC again on your next cycle?
    Last edited by Gentoo; 06-11-2012 at 10:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RoRo
    Im on Crinone rather than the pessaries but Im assuming similar scenario. I stopped reading about it on the internet when symptoms for using included feelings on worthiness.. Thankfully I havent felt this way so far (touch wood)
    Bit crampiy today and still tired but enjoying the joys of being a Victorian and getting the day off

Hope everyone backs a winner...

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo, so sorry to hear that you haven't been successful this time around. At our counselling they told us that the first cycle was the least likely to be successful as they are trying to figure out how you respond etc. The nurse reiterated it too, so I'm trying to pay attention, although obviously it's hard to not get your hopes up!!

It's great that you have some frozen embryos and you can move onto an FET. I hope it's not too long a wait!

Nat256...how are things? Feel a bit concerned that we haven't heard from you but I'm sure it's been a very tiring couple of days for you. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Vivre...good luck with your upcoming test too.

AFM...still jabbing. Introduce 2nd injection tomorrow. 1st BT/Scan on Saturday.

to everyone else here too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just home from the city now. What a big couple of days! We had to stay in town for 24 hours after surgery so could only leave this arvo to come home. Well, they collected 5, but one was immature, so 4 were injected with sperm and as of this morning 3 have fertilised. So we're certainly not playing with big numbers here but since I knew I only had 4 follicles I wasn't expecting much better. I head back to the city on Friday morning to have successful embies placed on Friday arvo, then drive back home. I figure I'll do it all in one day and save on motel costs.
    The procedure itself was no worries. I woke up really fresh and well and only had a tiny amount of cramping immediately after that was fixed with some Panadol. We even managed to go out for dinner afterwards and I was fine. (That was my goal - to feel good enough to enjoy a restaurant meal in the city while we were there!) Today we did a little bit of shopping and then wandered the botanic gardens. Oh and yes, we did stop in at a pub to watch the Cup! I've felt very up and down emotionally today but I think it's just tiredness and of course the waiting.
    So now I'm on the gel from tomorrow and some tablets from Friday. Crossing fingers for our little ones to be growing happily. Did anyone else get emotionally attached to these little cells?? I actually felt emotional leaving them behind in the city when we drove out of town!! For the first time I feel like I really, really, really, really want this to happen and I'm scared how I'll handle it if it doesn't work out (which I know logically is likely first month). I'm sure with some rest I'll be okay and get my sanity back

So thank you all so so so much for thinking of me. I haven't even unpacked or patted the puppy before I came to let you know how I went!

As for everyone else, I've read your posts and look forward to responding properly tomorrow. I'm thinking of you all at your different stages and sending all the best right back at you. Thanks again for caring.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Congratulations Nat, that's a great number fertilised from 4 follicles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, I’m glad to hear it all went well and good luck for Friday. I think you and your husband were going to transfer 2, is that correct. We are touched you thought of us before the puppy, we all know how cute she is.

Roro, sorry to hear you may not get another chance to try till the new year.

Gentoo, I was meant to have a stress free month but it didn’t happen. I was assuming I would ovulate on day 18, like the last 2 months. Anyway I had acupuncture in the morning of day 13, and about 10 hours later, I had a lot of CM. I thought, wow that is a bit early, but didn't think anything more of it. On day 16 my temp went up so I o’d on day 15. I am now 9dpo and now stressing over every symptom (or lack of and telling myself not to worry as it is a bit of a long shot). My acupuncturist told me not to take any of her tablets (she has me taking dong quai after ovulation) and to wait and see what happents. I will be interested to see if my luteal phase can get to 14 days. She has managed to do that the last 2 months, but I have had acupuncture and have been taking dong quai, so I’ll be interested to see if I get a 14 day lp without it. I'm hoping it will be a 9 month phase though. I also tempted fate yesterday by drinking at a Cup Day bbq.

Glad to hear you have an appointment with a FS. I hope you will be calling up in a month or so to cancel it.

If it doesn’t work out this month, we will have an opportunity to give it a really good shot next month. We have friends getting married in Byron Bay 1st weekend of December. We have booked to go up there for 6 nights. It is now looking like I will ovulate when we are up there. I don’t know if any of you are aware, but apparently if you just relax it will happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey byline, I think tempting fate is the best way to pregnancy so good luck

Well done on the fertilized eggs Nat, that is a fantastic result. You should have no problems on driving up and back on Friday. ET is actually the quickest part of the process. I found waiting for the ET about twice as long as the actual thing
    I didn't feel emotionally involved until ET today so bring some tissues just in case

Not much news from me, still tired, crampy and feeling huge (tummy & boobs its a great combo)..
    1 week since ET for me so now into the danger zone of craziness for the big count down. I just realised that in normal world my period would be due on Saturday but blood test isnt until Wed so not sure how that will work. Hopefully the drugs Im on will do me some favours..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivre For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by byline View Post
    If it doesn’t work out this month, we will have an opportunity to give it a really good shot next month. We have friends getting married in Byron Bay 1st weekend of December. We have booked to go up there for 6 nights. It is now looking like I will ovulate when we are up there. I don’t know if any of you are aware, but apparently if you just relax it will happen.
    Oh my gawd, we've been doing it wrong all this time! Thanks for the LOL . And wouldn't it just be funny if you *did* get pg then...

NAT, I'm sending growy vibes to your embies over there and I hope you're getting lots of TLC from your DH. Vivre's right, ET is physically the easiest part of the process. But yeah, what she said about tissues too. Walking out the door and thinking to yourself "there's a fertilised embie in me" is quite the weird feeling. All the feels.

Vivre I'm rooting for a BFP for you! Sticky vibes beaming in your direction from over here in the east!

Byline, how did you find an acupuncturist? I'm thinking of starting acupuncture while we wait for CD1 of our FET cycle.

MrsErinR, how are the jabs going? Symptoms? Have you got the floods of EWCM that some of us had?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (08-11-2012)