Closed Thread
Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck with the wholistic approach Gentoo. I think I can only claim wholistically insane myself! I love the idea of a peaceful, calm approach to TTC but I'm either crazily obsessed or forgetting that I should be taking more notice. I don't think I'll ever be one of those lovely peaceful Earth mother types...I envy those who are though!

Well my day has been very up and down. I went for my scan and we only have 4 good follicles. They're great size etc but not many. I have 3 others but they're smaller. So I cracked the sads and frumped all the way home and waited to hear what would happen from here. Then the clinic rang and said I'm going in on Monday for the egg retrieval!! Yikes!! I spoke to the nurse who said 4 is low (they like 6) but they look good so they're not going to wait until Wednesday for the others to mature as they don't want to risk losing the good ones. So we'll have an early start on Monday, drive 4 hours to the city, go into theatre at 1:30pm and stay the night in a motel before coming home Tuesday. Then I'll be back up to the city on Thursday night for my embryo transfer on Friday morning!! Oh my god....what a week.... 16 hours of driving for this so I hope it's worth it!

Of course, with only 4 follicles we might not have any to freeze and we might not even get the 2 we were hoping to implant, so it's all a bit sad. But we'll do the best we can with what we've got.

My other fun news is that my trigger injection is 1:30am Sunday. Yep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey wunsi, hope the little baby growing is going well..

I say go for it Gentoo, hope all the natural stuff gives you a great result.

Well done Nat on getting some eggs, it may not be as many as you would have hoped but they are embryos none the less and they say all you need is one..

Good luck with staying up at 1.30am for the trigger.. Id be definitely setting the alarm for the that one and best of luck for EC on Monday. For me it started to feel really real when that all started happening so best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, all the best for your egg collection tomorrow. I'm not too familiar with IVF but if they say they are happy to go ahead with 4, then it sounds promising.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to byline For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Good luck for tomorrow Nat. I hope it goes really well and you get 4 good mature eggs from those follicles!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Nat for the EC, hope it goes really well & good luck to MrsErin on your first injection

Looking forward to seeing you both PUPO really soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivre For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your best wishes everyone. I really appreciate it. All packed and ready to head off in the morning. I hit a roo in my car last week so it's out of action and we have to take the old farm ute to the city! How hilarious! Hubby is out cleaning it at the moment so we don't look too "Beverley Hillbillies" in town tomorrow Feeling good about the egg collection. I had a really tired/fatigued day today so I'm wondering if it's the trigger injection. That's not usual for me. But I rested up and made sure I'm okay for the trip and op tomorrow.

Good luck to MrsErinR if you're starting this week! Thinking of you all at all your different stages and look forward to checking in when we're back home in a couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it! My first injection.

Let the games begin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done, MrsErinR!

Best of luck tomorrow, NAT - hope all goes well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    NAT256, I'll be thinking of you today and hoping the egg collection goes perfectly, and that the eggs all fertilise perfectly too.

MrsErinR, well done on jabbing yourself! The first one is the hardest and you're on your way to lots of lovely eggs!

Vivre, how are you going? Are you going nuts spottig symptoms yet?

No good news for me I'm afraid: blood test was negatory and I'm now on CD3, back into the Two Week Do As I Like :/. At least I can have a drink tonight, as it's our first wedding anniversary.

Babydust to all my fellow travellers on this journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done MrsErinR. Good luck with the next step.

Sorry to hear your first go was not succesful RoRo I take it by saying 2 weeks doing what you like, then you will be having another trnsfer in a fortnight?