Closed Thread
Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Welcome to the land of PUPO, Vivre! It's fun trying to eat like a pregnant lady while not letting anyone know or letting yourself get too positive :-/. I had tonnes of EwCM too. You'd think they would warn us!

I have my blood test tomorrow. I did a hpt yesterday - bfn - and I'll do one tomorrow before the test so I don't get blindsided at work. Not feeling hopeful. No symptoms.

Nat, do you have a date for EPU yet? My clinic emails a pic of the embie post transfer. According to DH, our embie has his nose.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (31-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im keeping all my fingers crossed for you RoRo

I now wish my clinic send me a photo, what a lovely idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe you could ask for one Vivre. They might have it and be able to pass it on.

RoRo - I go for a scan/blood test on Friday and possibly again on Monday if needed. They have told me tentatively that Wednesday, a week from now, will be my day in theatre, however it depends what happens on Friday. Just having the scan and blood test means a day off work as I have to travel 1 1/2 hours each way to the nearest large town. I only then go to the city, 4 hours away, on Wednesday or on Tuesday night, depending on the timing. I'll be glad to know so I can book a motel and finalise work etc!

Ah patience....I'm with Vivre - we all need a hobby that makes ridiculous amounts of time pass quickly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Well I've picked up my IVF meds and I'm just waiting for AF to show now. I have dreams of a last minute natural BFP but it's not looking good.

I'm 12dpo today and I did an FRER this morning which was BFN. I really hope I am not the only one who POAS and then looks at it after 10mins, holds it up to the light, tilts it, moves to another room to look at it natural light, moves back to the flouro light, goes to work, comes home and fishes it out of the bin to repeat all the above steps in search of the elusive 2nd line!!!??

I do this every month and never seem to learn!

Anyway, I'm geared up and ready to start jabbing myself. The thermometer is going in the cupboard and I'm letting science take over

Congrats Vivre on being PUPO. RoRo I hope things are moving along well in the TWW and Nat...all the best for your BT and EPU too. Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, you're not the only one, Mrs Erin R - I've also done the multiple stick checking routine - under fluoros, under LEDs, under natural light... and fishing it out of the bin hours later! (We all like to live in hope!) I hope your stick turns into two lovely little lines tomorrow, but if not then good luck with the injections.

So much PUPO going on in here at the moment! It's still early for a HPT, Roro - will keep my fingers crossed that the blood test comes back positive.! And I hope you're travelling well today, Vivre, and the emby is finding itself a nice comfy spot to stick to.

I'm thinking I may as well book a FS appointment now for early next year and then hope that Murphy's Law means it isn't required. (I think I'll be beating down their door the moment I hit 6 months since the MC!) Can I ask - how long did you wait to give nature the *** and start the technological method of TTC? And how long did it take to get all the tests and counselling out of the way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - I too am a bin scavenger with HPTs. Sad but true. I don't see myself being any better with the IVF wait. I imagine I'll be a lot worse actually.

Gentoo - we started IVF one year after beginning TTC. The tests to get started weren't much as we'd already been through laparoscopy etc and all the tests when we were exploring what was going on. The only additional ones were the AMH, chicken pox and rubella checks. I was still immune to both of those. If not I think you have to have the injection and wait a while. In the first 6 days of my cycle I had to have a baseline follicle scan and blood test ready to start IVF the next month. So I guess all in all it was one cycle of getting ready. We didn't have to do any counselling (it's offered but not compulsory). Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo, we saw FS after only about 4 months as I have fibroids and was worried about that. If not for that we would have waited 6 months.

First FS appt was Aug 27 - We were both sent off for tests, semen analysis, blood tests each, Tubal Patency Scan for me.

Second FS appt was Oct 18 - Reviewed the test results and kicked off the next steps...IVF for us. IVF cycle due to start around Nov 4.

Between those 2 appointments we had to also get police checks, child protection checks and undergo mandatory counselling. These are requirements in Victoria. This all takes time so we tried to do it straight away so it wouldn't hold us up later.

We had to wait about 6 weeks to get first FS appointment which I actually think is pretty good. It might be worth you making an appt now as I suspect a lot of people will let it slide for December and then want to kick off in January! You can always cancel the appointment if your BFP comes along

You might need to get a referral from your GP in order to make the appointment. Ask for an 'indefinite' referral. That is, one with no time limit. I'm not sure if there are FS's that are not affiliated with IVF groups...but I'd recommend getting a referral to one who is affiliated to where you would want to have treatment if things went that way. That will save time in having to be re-referred and repeating tests.

That's all for me...a bit of a braindump of what I've learnt through this process!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck MrsErin, I hope you get the infamous BFP just before starting IVF otherwise pull up a seat and join the ride..
    RoRo Im still hoping you are going to be the start of the BFP landslide that is going to occur here starting soon. Its been awhile since there has been any graduates so I hope you are the start

Gentoo, we are on Cycle 13 trying
    We made an appointment with FS after 6 months based on advise from GP and went and had blood tests and sperm samples
    I then had lap surgery in August to rule out any problems and then was supposed to start IVF last month but only just got around it starting a few weeks ago
    Im sure it could have been quicker if we wanted it but I (and still to this day) find the whole thing quite overwhelming so hubby & I took time to soak it all in
    Im glad I had lap surgery (even though it wasnt fun) because Ive heard from other IVF girls that havent been down that path and then find out later it was something they could have easily picked up with all the tests

My honest opinion on counselling (or atleast ours) was a waste of time. I felt like it was a desk checking exercise rather than something we actually got value out of. Admittedly hubby & I had discussed lots of different scenarios prior to the sessions so our heads were clear
    Im not ruling out going back if we need another IVF cycle because I suspect that will be when I really need counselling but dont feel too upset if you dont have it
    Advice I got from the IVF group I went to was your GP can actually recommend a wellness program for you that involves 5 (not sure of the number)free local counselling sessions if you are struggling with the everything. Its worth keeping in mind.

I also didnt realise you could get an eternal referral. The things I still learn. Ours runs out in May next year so we'll see what the next 6 months hold

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Just poking my head in to say good luck to those jabbing and pupo and those going au naturale!

Gentoo - we were 12 months down the track before my gp would refer me off. FS took 3 months to see, had to have a lap 1 month later and then wait to see him again twice before beginning first ivf cycle. All up it was over 18 months from when we first started. If I had my time again I would've pushed for a referral 6 months earlier. Having said that we have had a positive experience despite the 'hurry up and wait' process.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for all that info. I have moments when I think it's fine, we conceived once already and I feel confident we'll do it again. And then I have other moments when I think that the first time was a fluke, that the clock is ticking and every single moment my ovaries are getting older and my chances are getting lower. (Kind of wish I'd never had the AMH test!) I think if nothing else, booking an appt now with the FS for 6.0000001 months will at least put my mind at rest that we have a back-up plan.

I got a book from the library last night that describes a "wholistic" natural approach to conceiving. Each day, you do some yoga exercises and positive visualisation techniques based on what point you're at in your cycle. DH thinks it's hilarious (and a more than a wee bit crazy), but I figure it can't do any harm! So the list now includes: acupuncture, naturopathy, BBT charting, peeing on OPKs, peeing on a clearblue fertility monitor, yoga and positive visualisation. Plus, I've bought some cough medicine for thinning CM (but haven't decided whether to take it or not) and some pre-seed lubricant (in case of EWCM going MIA again). Getting out of control, much? (Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to be a sane person...)

How did your blood test go today, Roro? Will you get the results back this afternoon? I've got everything crossed for you!