Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Vivre. 13 is a great number

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news, Vivre. I hope your eggs have gotten jiggy overnight and are now maturing into lovely little blasts.

How did your HPT go, Roro? I've got my fingers crossed for you.

I'm out - again. The last few days were a rollercoaster, but AF has finally stopped the ride. So many ups and downs - I don't know how many more cycles I can take of this! I had cramping around 6 to 7 dpo, followed by mild nausea in the evenings from 8 dpo - and my hopes soared. My temperature dropped at 10dpo - and my hopes plummeted. My temperature had a resurgence at 11 dpo - and my hopes soared. I did HPTs and 10, 11 and 12dpo and got BFNs - and my hopes plummeted. Spotting started at 12 dpo - and my hopes plummeted (even further). Spotting stopped at 12 dpo - and my hopes soared. Spotting and minor bleeding started again at 13 dpo - and I gave up, called it CD1 and drank a lemon ruski.

Now my AF just isn't doing what it should. Before the D&C, once AF started there was no stopping it. Now it starts and stops, starts and stops, and doesn't get particularly heavy. Very frustrating (and worrying!) Dr Google can be a godsend when you need information, but it can also just provide a whole heap of other possibilities to worry about...

Anyway, I hope you all had a good weekend of jabbing or preparing to jab with Chinese hamsters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Hi gentoo. Havnt been on here for a while. I am confused too. Last two af have been fine for me, right on 28 full flow. But this time I started taking vitex, only very small amount, probably less than 100mg, and I dont even know if I have had af or not. Had from cd25to27 yesterday red/ brown now seems to have stopped. I dont think I will take vitex again.

Hope your cycles sort themselves out soon. We are going to wait till march to start clomid. Considering we only took 3 months to conceive last time, I guess I must have some eggs still left! Big hugs and have a nice day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just got af gentoo. So maybe it wasnt the vitex. I think if you are getting pos opk then I think the lack of flow doesnt matter. But have also just read that vitex can cause light af. I think it just wasnt our turn. I really miss being pregnant. How long are you going to wait until clomid etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo and Kazza, big hugs to both of you, that's just really ****e
    Hopefully its just mother nature clearing all the decks so your next pregnancy will be a sticky

Well Ive had a strange day. 24 hours is a long time in the IVF world and its great that I have lost any patience that I ever had, making it even worse in the wait.
    I didnt feel 100% this morning when I woke up (period pain style) but decided to go to work as it would be more distracting not wondering what is going on in fertilization world. As the day progressed I felt better so Im happy to say that I can prettily happily survive a EC with one day off.
    So at lunchtime I received a text message (still cant believe this is the only form of comms) to confirm my appointment tommorow morning for my ET.
    Not sure if this is normal or whether Im the only clinic that does it this way but I have no idea how many fertilised until tommorow when I turn up
    Not extremely happy about the process but I may discuss with my FS tommorow but extremely happy that we have progressed to yet another step and this one is a big one.
    Im treating myself to a Diet Coke (this is how sad my life has become) so fingers crossed for 1 embryo to transfer and a few more frosties for later

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great, Vivre! I'm surprised they don't call to discuss the arrangements with you (much less tell you how many embys are ready!), but as you say - at least it is a positive step forward. Best of luck for tomorrow - I hope it all goes really well. Meanwhile, enjoy your diet coke!

Yep, there is vitex in the herbs the naturopath has given me, Kazza. I had an absolutely beautiful cycle on the supplements in September, then a not so textbook one this month just gone, but there was at least a clear ovulation pattern in both months. I'm glad your AF has arrived now - it's a bummer, but also a relief to get another cycle underway. We'll be synched this cycle - fingers crossed it's the month for both of us to finally get a long-term BFP.

I know what you mean - I also really miss being pregnant! I told DH yesterday that if we don't have any luck by early December we're going to book in to see a FS. It'll likely be February by the time we get an appointment anyway, which will be 6 months since the MC. That way when March (and our missed due date) rolls around, at least I'll be able to feel like I'm doing something concrete!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you're out for this month Gentoo and Kazza. Keeping fingers crossed for a smooth cycle for you this time.

Vivre - good luck today! Let us know how you go. The text message thing sounds a bit off. Apparently my clinic rings at each stage and we also have a patient portal online where they update all info in writing. This has been handy for me to double, triple, quadruple check medications etc. Anyway, I look forward to hearing that your little embryos are doing well!

Well I started the second daily injection last night and DH definitely has to do that one for me. Yesterday the side effects started. I have bloating, weight gain and sore ovaries. Nothing ridiculous yet, just uncomfortable. It made me a bit miserable last night when it was time to face the second injection, but I think I'm just worrying myself with what side effects might come. I HATE that bloated feeling etc. So today I'm back to trying to take it as it comes and I'm sure it will be fine. I've put on the loose, comfortable clothing and will keep up the water intake etc. I'm up to 2.5L a day now so I'm proud of that! Vivre did you react to the second injection? Mine got quite sore and itchy. Ice helped a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Gentoo and Kazza. I can't imagine how the two of you must feel.

Vivre, good luck for today. I would be annoyed about the text messaging as well. I would feel like they didn't care and felt they were just to busy to speak to me.

Nat, i hope the injecting gets easier.

I may inadvertenly be in the TWW. I thought I would O on CD 18 which is Thursday. As far as I have been charting, I have not ovulated before CD 18. However my temp has been up the last 2 days so I think I ovulated on Monday, day 15. I'll wait till tomorrow before I call it. I'm happy if my cycle has been fixed but am now wary about taking my herbs. I am seeing the acupuncturist on Saturday so will speak to her then.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck byline, fingers crossed for a great result

Nat, my biggest symptom was extreme tiredness & TMI warning but loads of EWCM, so much so that I was worried I may be ovulating. Dr Google reassured me everything was ok & it continued until the trigger
    Saw nurse today & she was amazed I didn't get lots of bloating considering amount of embryos I was carrying
    I put on about 3 kgs in weight so Im guessing that's the bloat
    I didn't get much site irritation. You can definitely see the marks but no bruises or rashes. I've had years of injections so may not be best candidate for comparison

Well I'm now PUPO with a Grade 1 non fragmented 4 cell (all these are words I'll be shortly googling) embryo
    We are expected to be freezing 5 embryos tonight (also good quality) so really happy with results
    We got to see the embryo on ultrasound screen & thought I may get teary as it got inserted

Got all the info from our nurse how we have to eat like a pregnant person so hard to contain excitement

Now off to try & find a very time inefficient hobby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck byline!!! If it's the TWW then I hope it's a lucky one!

Vivre - glad to hear you are officially PUPO with a lovely Grade 1 embryo. I assume that's a ripper! 5 frozen embryos sounds like a brilliant result as well. Good for you!! How cute to see the embryo. Apparently our clinic gives us a pic to take home on the day too. My bloating is over today, as is the ovary pain. So maybe it will come and go. I still weigh more and I assume it's the fluid but I'm so happy to not have the pain today.

Well, the door is being knocked down by the town's kiddies Halloween trick or treating this evening so it's time to go and scare a few and pass over lollies!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (31-10-2012)