Closed Thread
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the jabbing Nat, you will be fine!

Dont worry byline, Im really hoping they dont say I have to sit up to 10pm for the trigger as Im much the same as you as keeping my eyes open past 9pm

Gentoo im keeping my fingers crossed for you. A world with less "down down" is good in my mind'. Funny about the TWW question, Im not sure how id respond to that one if asked

Good luck with all the family RoRo.. My parents are making a suprise visit tommorow which Im hoping is not around the time of the conversation to confirm all the EC details with my nurses.. Im keeping mum at this stage and see how we get through this first cycle..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, we did it! I have to say 'we' because I couldn't do the injection myself. Hubby had to stab me and then I pushed the medication in etc. Actually breaking through the skin was too hard for me. Now that I know it doesn't hurt much I think I'll be okay tonight though. Hopefully....
    So after the big moment we went out to dinner where we ran into friends of ours who announced they're pregnant! It was nice though because we're feeling hopeful.

Gentoo...how are you going. REALLY hope you get the best news.

Good luck with all the family conversations this weekend ladies. I hope it's all positive. We have another weekend of renovations so I'll be on the saw bench and nail gun attaching matchboard lining to our internal walls at the cottage. Maybe I'll start in the 'nursery' just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Nat, Im sure getting through the first will be the most difficult

Ive had my confirmation details for Monday and Im up first thing which Im really happy about. I also get to trigger at 7.30 tonight which is more good news so I dont have to stay up late.. Im tired

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivre For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Gentoo, I will always hear the song "down, down..." in my head when temp drops from now on. My DH loves that coles ad..haha.

Well done on your first jab Nat256 and good luck to Vivre for your EC on Monday. I will cross my fingers for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone read the brochure that comes inside the Puregon pack? It says that it is made from the ovary of a Chinese hamster!!! I kid you not!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Has anyone read the brochure that comes inside the Puregon pack? It says that it is made from the ovary of a Chinese hamster!!! I kid you not!!!
    Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vivre, how did it go? I was thinking of you this morning, hoping it has all gone well (or is going well right now, looking at the time!) and you have lots of lovely mature eggs being fertilised right now. Hope you get to take the rest of the day off and DH looks after you. Do remember to take something in the car to puke into

NAT, how did your second injection go? I agree, there's something about deliberately breaking the surface of your own skin that just feels wrong and bad. Hope you are feeling better about it now.

(I wonder if people who've had tattoos find this easier?)

I think I will do a test tomorrow, 12 "dpo" or 7dp5dt as I am learning to write. The last and only time I had a BFP, I saw it at 12dpo. DH is being unbelievably sweet, wants to be with me when I get the call after the 14 dpo blood test on Thursday. I think the difference between his expectations after a normal cycle and this cycle is bigger than the gap between my expectations this time and most times. Not sure I explained that right; I'm about three times more hopeful (30% chance this time v 10% chance most times), whereas he seems 10x more hopeful (40% chance v pretty much no chance).

Edit to say: Chinese hamsters! I didn't even know there were hamsters in China, and now they're helping us breed???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you this morning Vivre. Hope you're feeling okay

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Thanks for all the sweet thoughts, you are all very kind and its much appreciated
    I was unbelievably nervous before hand (much more than my lap surgery) and was a bit worried how it was going to go but thankfully we have had great news and they collected 13 eggs.
    Im still in a bit of shock, hope the quality is ok and they are off fertilising as we speak.

Nurses told me to come home and sleep regardless of how I felt to help the recovery process so just woke up. I actually feel loads better than I thought i would but thats because my only reference point is my lap surgery. Thanks to RoRo I had my emergency nausea stuff but touch wood I havent needed it so far..

So aim for today is a lot more resting and then we find out tommorow how the next stage has gone.. They are right about IVF being so many little steps of pass and failure.

A bit worried now we'll end up with part baby, part Hamster but we'll see how it goes

Good luck with the testing RoRo.. Im not sure Im going to hold out if we get that far so hoping for a great result
    Last edited by Vivre; 29-10-2012 at 14:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Vivre....who says 13 is unlucky?? That's a great result!!! Glad you're feeling okay. Rest up and we'll send lots of great multiplying thoughts to your little ones

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (29-10-2012)