Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Pregnant until proven otherwise :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

I am officially PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise). We transferred one lovely healthy blastocyst yesterday morning and as far as I can tell, it's still up there. I had to decide at the last minute between one and two, and was swayed at the end by the 90% success rate in thawing frozen blasts. I have two frozen blasts now, for use later (hopefully for siblings!).

The injections do tend to multiply, don't they! I had to mix up the Cetrotide too. Felt like a druggie :-P My bruises are fading now. Fair warning to everyone: the ovary pain doesn't go away immediately after egg retrieval. In fact for three or four days afterwards I had a fair amount of pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats RoRo.... for you. Thanks for sharing your progress with us. It's very interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OOH...how exciting RoRo! Sending you the stickiest sticky vibes!! I like the PUPO. Nice.

Well AF arrived today and I officially booked on to start my first injection on Friday night....gee, we really know how to have a raging Friday night hey? I think I've got the month planned for scans, possible scans etc and have managed to fit it into work on all but one day (where I can't find someone to replace me that day for a scan). I'll keep working on that one. So, all being well, the dates are working out okay. Of course, that's only if the whole routine goes as it should!

I came home this arvo to a gift from hubby - two 1.5L of water! Cute!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news, Roro! I've got my fingers crossed for you! When do you have a blood test?

Bummer that AF arrived, NAT, but I'm glad that you can start IVF now. What a great Friday night coming up - sounds about as exciting as mine generally are! I hope the last piece of the timing jigsaw slips into place.

Still in the TWT (ie. two week torture). It's okay for the first week when you know it's far too early to test, but now that I'm at 8dpo I'm getting itchy fingers - just want to POAS. I never realised women TTC shared so much in common with dogs - namely, the urge to pee on things constantly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo that is hilarious! Good luck for a great result

Ro that is fantastic news, Id be doing cartwheels if that was me.. Good luck with keeping sane in the longest 2WW wait. Also thanks for the tips on the ovary pain

Nat sorry to hear about AF that is a bummer. Your hubby sounds like a darling with all the water. I think it definitely helps although amongst all the injecting, I also find going to the loo as one of my new hobbies. Apart from tiredness and the ever presence of my ovaries, that seems to be my only side effect thus far fingers crossed.

Well we had our scan today and all traveling along fine. I'm booked in to do my EC on Monday so dont worry Nat, a raging Friday night with your first injection, we'll be matching that with our raging Saturday night trigger..

Hopefully we'll soon have to rename this thread to Operation PUPO

Thanks
    Reviews

Fantastic news Roro.

Sorry about AF Nat. I know naturally would have been preferred but you are moving on to another stage and I'm glad your work situation seems to be working out ok.

Vivre and Nat, I'm actually jealous of your Friday and Saturday nights. At least you have something planned! At this stage, I will be hoping to stay awake past 9:30.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gentoo, I love the TWT label! How's yours going now? Is that chinese food giving you trouble?

Vivre, Nat, happy jabbing! Can't wait to hear that you are PUPO too.

All I have this weekend is families: MIL birthday, Mum birthday, SIL thing. And they all know we are in an IVF cycle so I'll get lots of significant looks. I think I'd rather stay home and stick needles in my belly fat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TGIF - which means it's NAT's first jab. Hope it goes well for you! Likewise Vivre for your trigger on Sat.

I've had super-hopeful symptoms this week - cramps on 6 and 7 dpo, a bit of nausea on Wendesday and Thursday - so I succumbed this morning and tested at 10dpo... BFN . (Doh!) I'd like to think it's just too early to test, but this morning's temp was way down (in a Coles "down, down" kind of way) so the odds are slimming by the minute. I'll be spewing if not only am I not pregnant, but AF arrives even earlier this month!

I don't know if I look like a woman obsessed or if it was my chocolate-enhanced growing belly that did it, but when I ran into an old colleague (also DH's former boss!) at lunchtime he asked if we were TTC. Could there be a crazed look in my eyes that's a give-away?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha Gentoo! Perhaps we start to show outward signs of insanity after a certain amount of TTC....as opposed to secret well hidden insanity!

Yes, first jab for me tonight. We're going to jab and then go out for dinner in a nice restaurant afterwards. Is that romantic??? So I'll fill you all in on details of how I went tomorrow.