Closed Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I just thought I would pop in and wish you all luck, especially those starting or in their first cycle of IVF and give you all a little hope that it can and will happen. We had our 12 week scan yesterday and bubba is doing well. All looking and measuring beautifully on time.

If anyone finds the injections a bit stingy I resorted to a little ice pack on the tummy before and that helped me. The trigger was often the worst for me.

Good luck girls, I may not post much in here, but I am following you all the time

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (19-10-2012),Vivre  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Wunsi! Great to hear that your bub is going really well. How exciting!!! I suppose that means you're up to breaking the news to family and friends. That must be an exciting time too. Lovely to hear from you. Thanks for the ice pack tip! Keep in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roro, How exciting (the egg pick up, not the puking). I hope you are feeling better now. I’m sitting here in Melbourne sending positive thoughts to a petri dish in Auckland and hoping that a lot of germinating is going on.

Vivre, Glad your injecting went well. I have noticed less cramps as well. I first went just after I ovulated and I hardly had any cramps that month. I hardly had any this month as well so that is a positive. My DF is also seeing her and one day as I waited for him to finish, there was a lady waiting to go in. We got talking and she is doing IVF. She said that the acupuncturist wanted to see her around egg retrieval time but it is hard for her to get there so she was just going when she could and hoped for the best. She was telling me that the acupunturist had told her about acupressue and told her what points to press for about 30 seconds or so. I haven’t seen her and don’t know if I can ask the acupuncturist if the lady was successful. Yes, I’m not going to miss the smell of the herbs. When she goes into the back room to make everything up, I’m convinced she is just going out the back to scrape things off the bottom of a shoe as the taste would be similar to that (I’m imagining ) I have upped my intake of water to 2 litres a day as per her request. At first I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it, but now find myself drinking more than 2 litres.

Nat, yes we will all be in parenting group one day . Moaning about lack of sleep and the good ol days when we could go out whenever we wanted and sleep in if we felt like it.

MrsErinR, good luck with starting ICSI. You are probably feeling a lot more positive knowing that you are doing all you can.

Maddyangel, the work situation is hard. I currently have 3 pregnant colleagues. One has struggled and had a few miscarriages so I am really happy for her. The other 2 were unplanned. One is not too happy as she was on the pill and had just been given a promotion a month before.

Wunsi, good to hear from you and glad everything is going ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a fantastic milestone, Wunsi! It must feel great to be past the 12 week hurdle.

I'm sorry that work is getting to you, MaddyAngel. I think most of us have had little meltdowns triggered by the pregnancies of ladies around us. We may be basketcases, but at least we're basketcases together!

Byline, nope, I didn't end up telling mum. I talked to her last weekend, but in the end just couldn't find the words to tell her what had happened. 10 weeks on, and it still stings like crazy. I'm glad you're having such good results from acupuncture and herbs. I've moved from the tablet form to the liquid form for a few of the supplements I'm taking, and you're right - they're absolutely disgusting! But it's a small price to pay if it results in a baby! This cycle is looking okay but not as perfect as the last one, so next cycle I'm resolved to go to the acupuncturist every week - even if it means having to juggle other things around.

The IVF updates are actually really exciting - I can't wait to hear much deserved BFP news. I know that we'll all probably get there in the end, but the waiting sucks! How are your eggs going today, Roro? I've got my fingers crossed that they're happily dividing away and getting ready to implant.

I'm trying not to think too much about the TWW just yet - still over a week to go. I don't have a lot of hope for this cycle - the disappearance of my CM and my lower than hoped-for luteal phase temps aren't ideal - but still can't help but get occasionally over-excited when I start imagining that this might be THE cycle. In the meantime, I'm trying to think positive thoughts and visualise a happy little fertilised egg wafting down the fallopian tube. How are you getting on, NAT? HAve you got plenty this weekend to distract you while you wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gentoo - The time in this TWW is actually going pretty quickly. I don't think we have much hope of conceiving this cycle. From what I can gather we only DTD on ovulation day and the day after so we may have missed our best chance. I certainly don't have any symptoms and my temperatures are doing all the same things. So I think it's on to the injections this week.

As for the weekend, more renovating at the farm cottage. I'll be oiling all the new timber windows that our craftsman has just completed. They're the old style ones with 6 squares of glass per window. They look lovely but they'll drive me crazy. So this weekend I'll finally count exactly how many of those little square panes I'll be cleaning for the rest of my life out there. I don't think I want to know!!! The nice thing is, our spare rooms are finally complete and I keep imagining one as our lovely little nursery on the farm. Can't wait for that day!

What is everyone else up to for the weekend? Besides injecting, counting down days, taking temperatures, searching knickers for today's cm or all the other ridiculous things we do in this process....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be painting the toilet! (And the hallway and spare bedroom....) I've got my eye on a Makita hedge trimmer at Bunnings that I might pick up at the same time as the paint - should be a beautiful weekend for some hedge trimming action.

Hope the oiling doesn't drive you too mad, NAT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone luck
    Hope RoRos fertilization is all going along nicely and everyone else s natural fertilization is moving the same way
    All is good here, feeling a bit gassy which Im assuming is a side effect but apart from that feeling very normal. Lots of water, COq10 and trying to enjoy the sunshine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vivre

I'm glad you're getting sunshine! I felt gassy too - have you started having any O pain yet? And did you go for evening jabs or morning?

Your good vibes towards my little petri dish are working: it's day 3 today and we have four 8-cell embies and one 7-cell, which might be only a few hours behind. The FS has suggested a day 5 transfer so that will be Tuesday morning; I'll go to the FS first thing in the morning, get one or two embies transferred, then go to work for a full day of meetings with men. Fun.

NAT, how many window panes did you count? Any more snakes?

Gentoo, has your hedge survived? We are gardening too (how symbolic!) - planting out onions and chillis, and I bought a lime tree.

Go the over 35s!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Great news RoRo. Congratulations! So glad to get an update from you. I was starting to wonder if your absence meant bad news but clearly not :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes great news Ro.. thats fantastic news!
    Hope everyone else is having as great a weekend.

I decided on night time injections , so far no pain in ovaries, so we'll see tommorow at the first scan whether that's a good thing. I dont know whether Im imagining it but my boobs seems to be growing in size. I dont have too much trouble in that area normally so god knows how Ill end up if this is going to be a side effect even before I get pregnant

Im a bit tired but Ive been trying to build a walking exercise routine into my daily schedule so I suspect its more exercise rather than IVF. I used to run quite a lot but acupuncturist recommended to keep it a but more gentle. Its about a 9km round trip to work so trying to see how that goes. Feeling much more like myself today so hoping for a good week.

Hope all the painting & DYI work has gone well.