Closed Thread
Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Any news Vivre? Was it Monday you were due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. Turning 40 hasn't been nearly as bad as I was thinking it might be! I feel quite good about this new decade actually. Many exciting things to look forward to.

Good luck Vivre...I hope you have some good news.

A question for those of you starting your IVF meds....do you have to go on BCP for a bit? And if so, what cycle day does that start?

Another bit of news....like Gentoo I had a bit of a meltdown early last week when I heard of another pregnancy. For me, it was a work colleague and it was the first pregnancy news that has really gotten to me. However, on the positive side for all of us...she is 45 and got pregnant by accident.

So...it can happen! There is hope for us all yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone
    Im still hanging in here but feeling like absolute rubbish. Im really tired and crampy so I suspect ill be on the phone to the IVF people tommorow.
    If AF doesnt show today Im going to test tommorow am, a bit like RoRo Im a bit over seeing negative tests so trying my best to stay positive,

45 and accidentally pregnant that is truly inspirational!

MrsErin, Im doing antagonist which is the one that starts with stimulation injections. I get confused about the others i.e. flare or down I think they're called? I think that's the one you stat at the end of your last cycle

On time well spent over the weekend I went to a patient led IVF support group. I was a bit freaked out as people spoke about all these acronyms I have never heard of & don't even understand i.e. PGD. Felt a bit of a fraud as we havent started but it was good to hear from people going through the experience. If anyone gets a chance its worth an attendance

Hope everyone else is feeling good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll keep fingers crossed for you Vivre! The support group sounds interesting. Are you doing any other counselling? I was surprised that we didn't have to do any before starting. I would've thought this would be compulsory! I like the idea of talking with other patients but unfortunately this is not possible from where I live.

Is that birth control MrsErinR? No, not for me. I just let them know when I'm on day 1 of my cycle and then start injecting on Day 2. I haven't had to do anything different prior to starting.

We got all of our paperwork, contracts etc in the mail today. We've been reading up about the extra risk with twins. We've just been for a long walk on the beach and had a good talk about it again and still remain sure that 2 embryos is the way we're going to go if given the chance. I also read in the fine print that we don't get the hundreds of dollars back on the drugs that have been sent if we get pregnant this month prior to starting. Not that I'll care if I get that BFP naturally!!

On a non-TTC front....I just killed a 5 foot brown snake on my back deck!!! My puppy was following it along so we're just lucky that I was here to see it. Nasty. Hubby killed one by our cottage on the farm the other day but hadn't expected one so blatantly on my deck here in town. Gonna be a loooong summer....

Thanks
    Reviews
    A five foot snake?!?!?? Never have I been gladder to live in New Zealand. How did you kill it? (I have a mental image of you whacking it with a spade...).

I've got to trigger stage! Had a second scan a couple of hours ago and the FS says my follicles are big enough, so I have a trigger shot tonight and do the egg pickup on Thursday morning. I'm looking forward to it, in a weird way: my ovaries are so uncomfortable with all these follicles. I feel like I've eaten a couple of hot tennis balls.

We didn't have any counselling or peer groups either; I kind of feel like I get all the support I need from you ladies here. Maybe DH needs an online group....

Vivre, not out is not out! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you over here.

Erin, sorry about last week . I hope your next good news is your own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha RoRo - I too wish I lived in New Zealand yesterday! You were close with the spade, that's what I was hoping for. Unfortunately when I went to the shed I found we'd taken all the shovels to the farm. Handy!!! So it's was an old garden rake, which broke in the process as I gave it full force. Then an axe to make sure it wasn't going to wiggle ever again. Now I'm a bit paranoid so I'm investigating the best anti-snake fencing I can find for our farm house yard! I don't like my chances of keeping them away when we're out there. Yuck...

I can't believe you're up to the trigger stage now....that's huge! I had a phone consult with the nurse today who talked and talked about the whole process, injecting etc. It was a bit of info overload so I'll just take it step by step and figure it all out as I go when I need to know. In the meantime, in the maddening TWW so all hope is not lost of a natural conception

Any news Vivre???

How are you feeling now MrsErinR? After your yuck day over the colleague's pregnancy? As you say, it's hopeful for us all, but I completely understand how it's crappy to hear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey,
    Im out .. start my first injection on Thursday morning.

Had a temp drop this morning and AF followed just before lunch so spent next few hours having chats with everyone involved. first conversation with patient liaison (read people who want to make sure all the cash is in place) and then two conversations with nurses setting up next plan of attack.
    Im probably going to have first scan on Monday due to my short cycle but I find out when I go in tomorrow to pick up all the drugs & my schedule

Good luck with the trigger RoRo & EC.. Ill look forward to hearing all about it - is your EC, roughly 14 days after you started?.. Given my cycles has been short but I tend to ovulate mid to late, im trying to work out my rough schedule

and Nat hope that's the end of the snakes and start of fun injections ..

The support group is run by IVF clinic, apparently its the only one in Oz. Two of the patients decided to suggest it because they thought it was something that was lacking. I must say I found it 10 times better than counseling.
    Our counseling felt like a box ticking exercise but hubby and I had talked through everything loads of times so perhaps for others it may be different
    Maybe you guys can suggest something in your local areas?

I do agree though having liked minded individuals online is also a great help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh sorry Vivre. That's an absolute bummer. I hope the prospect of having a plan from here is giving you some relief though. Don't you love the 'patient liason' people at the IVF clinics? I suppose it's a business at the end of the day. We can only keep our humour about it hey? Hubby is thinking of getting a stamp with the name of the clinic for his cheque book already. Might as well accept there'll be a few outgoings!! We keep joking that if/when we're successful we'll be up in the middle of the night with a crying bub thinking "we paid for this???"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, Nat256 I was meaning Birth Control pills. It seems some protocols start with them and I was wondering why. I wondered if you have High AMH then it may be to calm ovaries down a bit so you don't overstimulate. Anyway, hopefully this is one of many things I will find out from FS on Thursday.

Thanks for your concern about me and my colleagues pregnancy. I feel OK about it now. I'm a bit worried that it's going to be really hard to have that pregnant belly around me everyday if we continue to be unsuccesful but I'll deal with that if it happens. For now, I am trying to be encouraged by the fact it can happen at that age for her, so maybe it can for me (and all of you) too!

Sorry to hear you're out Vivre . Good look for egg collection RoRo...I look forward to hearing all about it. And good luck Nat256 with your start of meds!

And to everyone else too...whatever stage you are at.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (17-10-2012),Vivre  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bummer, Vivre. As NAT said, I hope that there's some consolation in knowing that it means you can start IVF now. I have high hopes of hearing lots of baby news soon from yourself, NAT, RoRo and MrsErinR.

I hope the trigger shot has worked its wonders, RoRo, and the EPU goes well tomorrow. I'm really interested to hear what the whole process is like.

I'm glad you're feeling better, MrsErinR. Every new bit of news just seems to jump up and slap you in the face, and it can take a while to steady yourself again. The one bit of news that I think wouldn't hurt me, is hearing pregnancy news from the ladies on here - knowing how much someone has struggled makes it so much easier to be happy for them, and fills you with hope rather than hurt.

I'm glad you managed to dispatch the snake safely, NAT - not a situation I'd like to be faced with! I've got my fingers crossed that you tank your money this cycle by getting a BFP first. How long till AF is due?

We had a busy weekend - went at it like a pair of demented rabbits. Just when I thought my cycle was looking great, though, my CM did a vanishing act (doh!). We gave Maybe Baby lube a shot a couple of times, so fingers crossed it'll do the trick instead. O day was yesterday and DH flew in to work this morning, so our timing was at least good. All I can say is - it must be seriously tiring being a sex worker - we're both looking forward to a week off!
    Last edited by Gentoo; 17-10-2012 at 12:50.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (17-10-2012)