Closed Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    Wanabe......I
    I had kfc today..lol.. the first time in about 12 months.... the twister wrap..and I have to say I enjoyed it...lol..lol... .
    Thanks Mica Its good to know Im not the only one who falls of the wagon! LOL! Maybe everyone finds it hard occasionally. I can stop worrying about being worried and relax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ordered my DHEA today. No use for this cycle. But maybe the future.

What do you all think about Chinese medicine? worth a look or a crock of $&^%.

Fort xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Ordered my DHEA today. No use for this cycle. But maybe the future.

What do you all think about Chinese medicine? worth a look or a crock of $&^%.

Fort xoxo
    I take chinese herbs... and it has made a huge difference with my cycles... I went from 26 days to 28days and painless periods with no PMS... so it did help regulate my hormones.. I also think that it really helps with follicle recuitment... Ill be taking them next cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort I tried the herbs a while ago but I wasnt on them long enough to get the benefit. However I have definitely found the chinese herb donquai which Ive bought from the local chemist to be very good. Im going to give this (chinese herbs) a go this time round.

Ive just been googling "overeaters anonymous" and guess what there are several groups in Sydney. They are run like alcohol anonymous judging from the website with pledges and everything! Dont laugh, Im thinking about it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - thanks for the advice. I love your analogy of the share broker, made me laugh but I know what you mean, things are black and white with regards to performance from a share broker but with your FS its fifty shades of grey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabe and Micca thanks for your thought- I will email the lady and see what they say. If it's too late for this cycle... hmm not sure?

Wannabe- my best tip for not ever eating on stress foods- set the timer on your phone or microwave for 30 minutes. Have a BIG glass of water. If you are at home get outside- away from temptation. If you're at work go for a loo break. Time away usually makes you reconsider your choice.

If you are desperate only eat half of whatever is tempting you- then CHUCK OUT the rest- make sure it's in the bin... Don't be tempted to save it for 'later'- from my experience later is about 20 minutes away for me LOL.
    You could also share it with someone. "A calorie shared is a calorie halved'" is my motto. This 'half' strategy reduced the damage of stress eating by half. Even better only eat 1/3 of it.
    I have battled long and hard with weight. Hope these ideas are helpful.
    xoxo Fort

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Net3811  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Fortitude... This is really good advice! The only thing I cant do is halve my calories at the mo as my husband is away. However Im committed to clearing out every piece of junk food in the kitchen tomorrow and moving on from there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (19-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Just popping in to say hello and see how everyone is.
    Fort, for me the jury is out on Chinese medicine. I used it extensively when TTC and also to lose weight before I started. One month I did accupuncture twice a week plus herbs. I spent $900. The accupuncture is really relaxing and with my first herbalist, my cycles got amazing. I never lost the cramps but had perfect 28 day cycles for 5 months. My first IUI though, it all went pear shaped and I ended up with a 32/33 day cycle. It can help but I think it takes a lot of time. I would also consider getting herbs from Sharkeys Healing centre in Qld. They can do consults via Skype and they seem to get good results. Most naturopaths use Dongquai in their fertility formulas too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Micca - I took your advise and Ive been googling. Heres what I can add that might be useful:

Tribulus - apparently considered one of the best natropathic herbs for male and female fertility
    walnuts - a recent study showed that men who eat 75g/a handful of them a day for 3 months increased their sperm quality significantly.
    vitex - apparently increase ovum.

St Johns Wort - Dont take it if you are trying to conceive! Even if the pregnant, chemist's naturopath tells you it's ok (as happened to me). I bought it for $40 and then consulted Dr Google to find it's a no no.

Net - I have to say that there is a whole industry of alternative medicine that is thriving off the back of our infertility woes it seems. I dont mind this but it does worry me a bit that a lot of it isn't proven or perhaps even regulated enough and it almost costs as much as IVF! Perhaps I am stating the obvious but I wish we had a system similar to northern Europe were doctors work alongside naturopaths and both are equally recognised and regulated, which makes it a more integrative approach and takes the worry and responsibility away from us patients.

Hey while Im at it I also wish our govt would give us more support to do IVF. I read that in the UK IVF costs a lot less than here. In Singapore they get 3 ivf cycles free!!! Worth thinking about.
    Last edited by wanabemum; 20-09-2012 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If one more friend I share my fertility challenges with tells me to "take a break from ivf and go on a holiday, that usually works for most people" I will pop a gasket!