Closed Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi ladies, just want to say I'm so very sorry that someone tried to take advantage of you. There truly are evil people out there. That is just such a horrible thing to happen in such a nice environment as this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I'm sorry too that she ever came on here and tried to mess up already fairly distressed lives. I thought it was too good to be true, and though I never wrote to her, I followed what she was writing backwards and forwards on here. The long gaps of no comments, followed by such outrageous stories about being in hospital and her son being ill, and never one helpful comment. Everyone else on here are so genuine.

AFM..... had a BT this morning and have been given the go ahead to start jabbing tomorrow night. Strangely though AF hasn't arrived - the nurse didn't seem concerned, but after driving to work I couldn't stop thinking "have I got it wrong?" My last two cycles I started jabbing the day after AF, but they want me to start jabbing this time with no regard to AF??? Or does the BT show that AF's on it's way? I ate so much food at a wedding last night, that I can't tell if the rumbles in my body are from that or something else!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

MGC Bertie, I'm doing down regulation and the nurse said my AF arriving was irrelevant this time as they would start the stims based on my hormone levels rather than a particular cycle day. She also said the synarel might stop AF coming. It didn't stop it for me, but it might be affecting yours arriving?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for the support...... I was hesitant about writing on here but I would hate to see anyone miss their chance at having a bub. Potentially that kind of thing can ruin lives.
    I know it isn't the only site that she is on so eyes and ears open girls!!!
    DH just had his say here with a few choice words. Bring on the visa card (not that we have one YET!!!!) and moving on.
    Must ask this question.....is donor sperm difficult to access in Australia?
    DJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJSpears.... no, donor sperm is not difficult to access here in Australian clinics. Not all clinics do anonymous donor sperm, but Fertility First (Hurstville) has no waiting list, while IVFA (in various places including Westmead) has a waiting list of 4-6 months at present. Both have Australian sperm on their lists, but only very limited supply, while both get the majority of their sperm from American sperm banks (this costs more than Australian sperm, but to be honest I can't even remember how much this was, as it was nothing in the scheme of things).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie...Thanks for that. Answered my question. DH and I were chatting about the stuff we have gone through with ivf and the challenges we have faced in many ways. We have not needed donor sperm, just donor eggs. He was saying he would donate so guess that is something I should look into. Many of us have been in the needy chair! Needing sperm or needing eggs and even though we are still not at the end of our journey by any means, it just may be that we can give back a little. Anyway, I will do my research!
    D

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are currently going through Fertility First and yes they have the donor sperm if need be. There are a few Aussie donors but most from the US (where they are younger and they get paid to donate) price is $950 (from memory)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Ladies,

just checking in - I have been reading all of your posts here and there. But as I'm currently doing natural cycles I don't have much to contribute here at the moment that will benefit or interest anyone.

Sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled Micca.
    Sunny - how are your SA plans going? How far ahead do you have to plan? I've told DH I have one more IVF cycle in me and then I'm done.
    DJ sorry to hear you got given the run around - I was suss after the pauses in communication on this thread and then even more suss after I received a PM and googled the name with nothing coming up in the search results so I didn't respond.

I am just about to (or am) ovulating - so will know in 11days.... then on to my down reg cycle if negative. I'll pop in a bit more then I'm sure!

Hugs to you all,
    Em

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I had problems getting on to bubhub for a while, and then was drowning my sorrows after a cancelled FET...

DJ, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened.

Micca, I'm sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle.

MrsErinR, Kenta and MCGBertie, best wishes for your cycles.

Hi Emski, glad to hear you are doing well.

AFM - I had a FET scheduled for January, but it was cancelled just before Australia Day due to a premature drop in oestrogen and no LH rise. I was upset for a while, but then did some reading and research of my own which made me feel a bit more guilty, despite the FS and FN saying that it couldn't have been due to anything I did.

Since just before Christmas, I have been back in full swing trying to get healthy and lose the weight I gained over the 2 stim cycles and then holidays. I've been dieting, keeping a food diary and doing lots of sessions at the gym, boot camp, spin classes, personal training, running, lifting weights etc. The clinic say it's a good idea to try and lose any excess weight, and to exercise, but since I've been doing this my hormone levels have really been all over the place. So now, although I've lost some weight, I'm feeling quite guilty that the exercise and diet have done this. I've just started a medicated FET cycle, and tried discussing it with the clinic, but they have just told me that the exercise and diet are good, so not really sure what to think...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quietly lurking with no much to add.

Other than I am thinking of you all.

Fort
    xpxpxp