Closed Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi hopeful- that is very disappointing. If they are all so immature does it mean they triggered you too early? Is your clinic one of those who only do EPU on certain days? Because if they triggered me too early and my haul was looking all immature I would be might P*&&%%d off- especially with hgh being the price it is. I had my best results from my hch cycle. Perhaps the mature ones will be better quality? I certainly hope so for you.

Kenta, sounds like you're starting to get pretty frustrated with the whole IVF thing- and no wonder. I have decided if my last 3 frozen embryos fail I am accepting the help of a donor. I figure that if 9 embryos all fail that's a sign to move on for me. If you decide you'd consider a donor let me know, I know a great community for egg donation where your dream doesn't have to end with failed IVF. (((HUGS)))

Fortitude
    xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

MGC & Hopeful...I am really getting the feeling that these few FS & FN think us mature ones are not worth a little more consideration when going through our protocol, it's not as if we have time on our side, and the $$$!!

Fort- are you going to see if they can put all three embryos back, multiply your chances? I think if you've gone through 6 then they surely should give you the option, and opportunity! Btw, a 47 to had a baby at our clinic, so hope for your eggs yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi ladies,

Have not posted for a while but have been reading everyone's updates. Have just come back from holidays. Here we are again for another year of IVF. I am doing a down reg cycle at the moment and it is going to be a long one. I have been on the pill and am now on Synarel. Due to going on holiday and not getting a letter from FS which enclosed a script for Androderm I am to keep sniffing the Syranel and use the Androderm for 10 days. I think this cycle will end up being 3 months long!

FS has put me on the 'burger with the lot' as the FN described it. Will be using growth hormone and Filgrastim and if get to transfer will be having a Pregnyl Pre Embryo Transfer prior to transfer. So is a big (and expensive!) cycle.

How is everyone else doing? I hope you are all well.

Cheers Beetle

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Oh Beetlegeuse, your cycle sounds just like mine. I started sniffing synarel today. I don't know what Androderm is, but I'm doing Filgrastim too, plus so many other things! Definitely a 'burger with the lot' here too. I'm quite freaked out by it to be honest.

Good luck with it. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi MrsErinR,

The Androderm is testosterone. I think it is an alternative for DHEA and is for egg quality. I am on it for 10 days then stop and start puregon and filgrastim.

I must say on way home from seeing FN the thought came into my head that if I have to take all these drugs will I be able to produce a healthy baby or will the drugs have an effect on the 'normality' of the baby, should I be lucky enough to get a BFP. Time will tell how it all goes I guess.

I hope your cycle goes well.

Beetle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful40 - How did your eggs go after EPU?

Kenta - PM me if you would like some info on increasing or high ANA.

Fort - How are you..where are you upto?

MrsErin and Beetle - Enjoy that 'burger with the lot' protocol...may just get a little cheeseburger at the end!!!

Beetle - what is a Pregnyl Pre Embryo Transfer? Just wondering if its anything different from what I have done??!!!

Anxious - How are you travelling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone,
    Sorry been away for awhile, sort of kept up here and there.
    Bad news today..... I had a repeat u/s done at day 45 post EPU (8+3) and the sac is empty.

Pretty shattered though it wasnt looking good last week. HCG had been climbing but not as much as they wanted and prog slowly going down (but they said I had been quite high and stopped crinone about 3 weeks ago) last level was prog 131 and HCG 9325 on wed.

Not sure what happens from here, the sonographer did make mention about my uterus being ?curved or something, i had sort of phased out by then. Dr google search last night mentioned about that possibly giving false diagnosis of blighted ovum in IVF and to wait a bit longer and not to rush in to a D&C and let nature takes its course. However, I think its all over. Still have 2 blasties on ice and atleast i know i can fall pregnant..... Grrr frustration....

sorry, pity party.
    Goldie

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Beetle - I also think about the years of pill popping and injecting drugs, will it affect us ladies in the long term...things we do!

Sunny - thanks for asking. I have been doing everything a normal person can do, ie drink real coffee, clean old & new house, lifting boxes bla bla, mid luteal test tomorrow. TWW is going relatively fast.

Hi everyone else, meez thinking of you lovely determined ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Goldie

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
    It's such a tough road. Sorry to hear that disappointing news- you must be devastated.

Fortitude
    xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Goldie - I'm am so sorry, it's bl--dy unfair! X