Closed Thread
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow a busy few days at work... and a nearby bushfire to worry about and everything happens... it has certainly been hot and unfortunately more to come...
    thankfully I am in a safe area and not threatened by the bushfire... but it is still close.

kenta.
    .. I have had a lipoidal flush x 3... it is supposed to aid implantation...cant hurt to do. I did my last cycle with menopur and it seemed to work well...although I stimmmed really fast... 9 days instead of my usual 11 and the FS missed it and my eggs were overcooked so I dont really have a gage about quality. I have had my best results with gonalF and luveris... which is what I will be doing for my cycle in feb.

welcome springrain.
    ... sounds like you produce good eggs... I would ask the FS about a hystereoscopy and endometrial biopsy... to look for any lining issues, polyps, and the biopsy can pick up natural killer cells which can prevent implantation. If you get the biopsy on day 19-21 it can improve your chances of implantation of the following cycle... Ive had about 4 of them now.

Anxious... well just duckin duckin duckin duck.... hate that... at least you had the option to go to IUI... and Id definately play the bedroom dance... it can only increase chances right.... I know how you feel I am in the same place with #2 Im in my last cycle.. with low chances... and I have to ask myself how badly I want #2...as my next step would be overseas for donor eggs... big hugs...have a nice glass of wine..

fortitude.
    .. bummer on ovulating and missing your FET... lets hope that you have better luck next month..sounds like we may be on the 2ww together.

DJshears... glad you have a backplan to follow..good luck with pill popping

wanabeamum.....goodluck with your FS...ask about an endometrial biopsy if you have not had one... they can do it as an office proceedure. lets hope you get the kitchen sink cycle.

not much happening for me... popping vitamins, drinking green smothees... trying to loose a bit of weight that I put on as the result of the prednisone monster...lol..although it may be in vain as I am due to go back on prednisone in 2 weeks when I start lucrin.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (15-01-2013),fortyplusmum  (17-01-2013),Kenta  (09-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxious – Those damn follies…didn’t they go to the gym after GH!!! You must be so disappointment…but you are still in with a chance. We will all cross our fingers with you and DH.Micca – Good to hear you are safe from the fires. Canberra is coming up to their 10 year anniversary of the big fires on 18 Jan….gosh, time goes quickly…I remember how worried I was about my parents, as they live right where houses were lost….I guess they go through the same thing every time we go through a cyclone!!Fort – Sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle….geez, IVF is very frustrating at times. Do you know when you will cycle again?DJ – Nice to hear from you. Im doing the same thing as you….taking vitamins, Micca’s green smoothie, losing weight etc.Kenta – I have also had a couple of Lipoidol Flush, Endometrial Biopsy and Endometrial Scratch (scarifying). First one was done at day 3 and was very painful, but that was because of the FS that performed the procedure. The second time, it was performed at day 21 by another FS and I hardly felt a thing….this FS told me that current data at his clinic showed improved implantation if the procedure was performed on day 21 with a “Pipelle” (which has a swizzle stick effect). SpringRain – Welcome…..I think we all start as lurkers! How many times to cycle or knowing when to stop is always a tough one….the only advice I can give you, from the point of view of being the oldest on this thread, is: don’t end up in my situation, so do anything you can do now, as long as you and DH can handle it physically, emotionally and financially. Personally, I want to know, that when my time is over, I have left no stone unturned on this journey…..if there was, it would do my head in – all the ‘would have’, ‘should have’ and ‘could have’!!MrsErinR – Do you mind me asking what tests you had and what ‘issues’ they discovered about you?Wana – Good luck with your appointment tomorrow….cant wait to see the outcome.AFMIm just cruising along…back at the gym this week after almost 2 months…didn’t go back after my last BFN.Still waiting for my clinic to give me copies of my file that was missed….I just want to get them off to Cape Town….I just want to know if there are any more tests that the FS require of us.Question: Does anyone know if there is a difference between Prednisone and Prednisolone….I was on the later. Plus when I got my BFN, the clinic told me to stop all meds, except for the Prednisolone….I was to wean myself off them. I travelled interstate the next day and forgot to pack them, so unintentionally, I have basically gone cold turkey…will this have an adverse effect on me?
    Last edited by Sunny15; 10-01-2013 at 16:55.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Sunny15, no probs with you asking! I had an endometrial biopsy to test for NK cells and I had many blood tests for all sorts of other things. 14 vials in all! I couldn't list them all, but they were in the general areas of thyroid function, blood clotting function, chromosome tests...I think to test for translocation (?) and prob some others I've forgotten.

So far I've only heard the biopsy result and I do, in fact, have elevated NK cells so will be treated for that next cycle. Hopefully no news is good news on the others!

DH also had blood tests. I think his was just for chromosomal issues but I'm not 100% sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny! You forgot your Prednisolone? The main problem is the steroid takes over your actual adrenal function so if you go cold turkey you risk going into adrenal crisis- which is potentially life treatening. If you feel ill get straight to the hospital ok? Might be worth getting a script sent to a phramacy.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000357.htm

As far as I understand they are both the same drug. I am currently weaning off it too.

Fort
    xoxoxo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the helpful information, definitely a lot to read through and digest.

MrsErinR - thanks for the post on your tests. I had my thyroid function tested along with other things by my GP before being referred to the FS, that all came back normal. DH had a karotype test done too, but that was OK. I haven't had any chromosomal or immune testing done though. The FS briefly mentioned PGD, but then said that it wasn't needed in our case. I'll see if I can ask the FS about it.

Wanabemum -hope your appointment went well.
    Both of my antagonist cycles gave 10 eggs. The 1st cycle had 7 fertilise normally, with 4 making it to day 5, 1 was transferred, 2 frozen. The 2nd cycle had 5 fertilise normally, with 4 making through to day 5 and the freezer, and no transfer. For the 1st cycle I was on 150 of GonalF, which was then increased to 225IU. In the 2nd cycle, I had 225IU right from the start.

Micca, thanks for the information, I'll see if I can ask my FS about that. I'm also trying to lose some weight that I put on during the last stim cycle and which got worse over Christmas

Sunny - best wishes for your Cape Town journey, looking forward to hearing more about it.

Anxious, sorry to hear about your cancelled IVF cycle. Hope that the IUI brings good news.
    Last edited by SpringRain; 11-01-2013 at 15:22.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi ladies
    So IUI yesterday, and a hot night with DH last night, sorry TMI! I am ****ed with the clinic, when I made the decision to do IUI I decided to use my DH frozen sperm, I told them to defrost the whole lot 12 straws, about three times to 2 different people, so what did they do, defrosted 6!!! Not happy, the embryologist said it held about 1 million sperm, and it took only one, that's not the bloody point. And what, to conceive naturally a normal load is about 20 mill. Lucky DH was home at the time to top up, again TMI. I don't hold much hope, which is the wrong attitude at this point. I have a feeling to egg will be over cooked. Oh, then I had to question my meds, and get the nurse to speak with a FS so I could get combined pess! Anyway TWW begins, and for now I will get stuck into moving the rest of the house and cleaning.
    Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for letting me download.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxious.... I hope it works for you, so you can disregard the stuff-up of your clinic. That is the only thing I have worked out on this journey through three clinics, is that you have to check and double check, phone and phone again to make sure that you get the information that you want. I'm not sure why some individuals at clinics seem competent and others not, but it seems to be a pattern across the whole industry. And it's not like I'm ordering a new washing machine or something that can be taken back or fixed etc. Reminds me, better start writing a list of things to check with my FS next week :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG...what happened to my earlier post...looks like such a mess!!!

MrsErinR - Thanks for sharing. I have also had all those tests and they only thing that showed anything wrong was a rise in my Anti-Nuclear Antibodies.

Fort - Thanks for the info....I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow, so I will run it by her.

Anxious - that it works. There is no such thing as TMI when it comes to this process.

MGC - Good luck for your FS appt.

Wana - How did your appt go?

AFM
    Still waiting for my clinic to give me the copies of my file that they missed....doesnt appear that they are in any hurry!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, had pickup this morning. I'm normally a 10 day stim girl on every single cycle but this time I had the trigger on day 9. My usual FS is away so I'm not sure if the replacement doctor made the decision. Anyway, it looks like a good proportion of the eggs are immature which is quite upsetting. In addition, the last time I had this particular scientist, I had the worst fertilization rate ever. Is that a bit judgemental? Will see how we go, but normally we start from a better position than this, with a massive dropoff in embryos, but now I feel we're starting from a bad position. And we used growth hormone this cycle as well at massive extra cost. So...not happy Jan..

Hope everyone else has better luck, especially you Anxious, given your switch to IUI. Sorry for the rant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca and anyone who has had the lipiodol flushing and endometrial scarring done when did you have it done? Does it hurt?

DH is going to have the SCSA and FISH done on his sperm. Worried about what the result might mean.

Sunny15 - I've also got positive ANA but don't know what it means as well.

Hopeful40 - how disappointing. Hoping you get some answers.

This will be our 5th cycle. The chances seem to diminish with each failure. I think we may have to confront our fears that we may never be parents as not considering donor or adoption as selfish as that may seem. We are hoping for some magic or miracle. DH jokingly said in jest that if we do have a child he/she will have to start working from an early age as he/she will be the most expensive child ever produced. Grrr ivf failures are so hard.