Closed Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    soclose I can relate to how you feel about your fs. I really really found my old clinic a stressful place. IVF was stressful enough without the extra load of a clinic that made me feel uncomfortable and powerless. Like you my old fs kept doing the same old thing. Yet I found the prospect of changing to be difficult. I worried about how any new fs would pick up my history and whether I was taking a huge risk. Eventually I did go and see another fs after some research. My only regret now is that I didn't do this sooner. I dont know were you live but I am sure that if you asked the question, there are a lot of people on this site who would offer you some impressions of their experiences with fs's. Ultimately its up to you though. whether you continue or not, keep in touch with us and let us know how you go. xxx

fortitude - Im doing fine. I think the worst for me was when I found out I only had 3 eggs. From there on I had little hope so this was deeply sad but it offered closure at least. Now I am coming to terms with this idea that my fertility and my DH's fertility seems to have decreased so dramatically and that there really is very little hope left for us. I look forward to hearing how you go with your fs today. I really thank you for being so supportive lately - you really helped me get through this cycle. xx

tens2many - so wonderful to hear from you again!!! You know that when you drop off this thread people dont just forget you. Ive been hoping that you would come back and have another go. Woohoo!!!! As for weight loss. Girlfriend we are sooooo in the same boat. I was really good this cycle until I found out it wasnt working and then I binged on everything and have put on a couple of kilos. I have absolutely no advise on losing weight that I can offer as I find it soooo daunting. However I am happy to be your weight loss buddy if you want. PM me and we can do weigh ins or compare notes or whatever helps. x

Some questions:
    Micca - what was the recipe again for the green smoothie? I know it involved spiralina, wheat grass, barley grass, chia, lsa,lethicin but I had a brain snap during my cycle and cant remember what else .....?

Would a lipoidal flush help before my next cycle?

What can DH take to increase his fertility?

Last edited by wanabemum; 17-09-2012 at 11:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Off to see my FS... gee where have all my fingernails gone? nibble nibble...
    Update soon.

Fort xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS debrief:
    Well I am still in limbo land. I guess even the FS doesn't have the ability to predict the future.
    FS agreed that last cycle was very poor, but as to why there is no clear idea. She has enough hope in my eggs to recommend trying this new agressive cycle. But the interesting thing is she actually raised with us the idea of a donor. Pointing out that the outcome is likely far better with a donor, as whatever age the donor is that equates to the new % chance. She also pointed out it can be very hard to find a donor so while I still have any chance at all with my own eggs I may as well keep cycling. She spoke about how my own eggs will keep ageing so I can't waste time yet if I go with a donor my age is of less importance.
    I asked about DHEA- and she said that she is a fence sitter on prescribing it. However on the basis of throwing everything at me she agreed I can go on it now and 'if' there is another stim cycle after this one then any benefits will have taken hold. Although she seemed to think that the benefits were not significant.
    She has agreed to 'consider' a double embyro transfer given my poor history. That is a big step for her to agree to that as at my clinic they discourage multiple transfers.
    The HgH seems a bit of a wild card. There are mixed studies and she said she cannot even say it will help. That said, apparently she has had some positive outcomes from it's use enough to recommend we try it.
    Plan is to cycle at the end of the month since I don't have a donor and there is a tiny amount of hope. I pray that all the drugs work and we have a great outcome.
    I managed to shame myself by crying in the carpark. I just want a baby, and feel like I am trying everything and that so far nothing is working. Luckily I am not the type to give up though, but it still doesn't mean it's easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortitude... well it sounds like some positve news.... just remember I managed to have a successful bfp at 42.8yrs. It really becomes a numbers game at our age.
    if you want to throw everything then I would definately increase numbers of vitamins
    did she add in some prednisone??
    when will you cycle... you should give the dhea at least a month to work
    coq10 - 600mg day
    elevit + iodine
    vit D 2000iu
    zinc 50mg
    vit C 1000mg
    vit E 1000mg
    inositol.. 3g a day
    melatonin 3mg day
    dhea 75mg a day

studies have looked at the triad of dhea, melatonin and inositol with a noted increase in pregnancy rates in poor responders.
    DH should be on menovit 2 tabs a day-- dont forget he is 50% of the equation

wanabe.... yep a lipoidal flush and endometrial biopsy would definately help..its best done in the luteal phase before you cycle...
    DH can take menevit 2 tabs a day to help his fertility as well as avoid smoking, alcohol and coffee...

ok smoothie recipe
    1 cup pinapple juice= a handful of goji berries soaked in it overnight
    2-3 generous tablespoons of yogurt
    1/2 -1 cup milk
    handul of bluberries (I use frozen)
    1 kiwi fruit
    1/2 banana
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    2 tablespoons lethicin
    1 tablesppon LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond)
    2 tablespoons chlorophyll
    1 tablespoon fish oil
    2 tablespoons protein powder
    3 tsp colostrom powder..I just added this this week... optional

1 tablespoon barley grass
    1 tablespoon wheat grass
    1 tablespoon alkalising greens ( was a mix from the health food store although I have run out)

be aware this is a very thick smoothie... and makes about 500mls...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (17-09-2012),wanabemum  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude its strange that your FS is a fence sitter on DHEA as recently I have had the most concervative of doctors tell me that it seems to be one of the few things that show EVIDENCE of working. The only thing I would say to you is make sure you have a base line blood test before you start and keep monitoring levels while you are on it. Also as Micca said I think it takes a few months to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens
    From my experience and my reading, I'd recommend zinc, lots of zinc. Even if you test normal you may not have much in the way of reserves and going to blast they use a lot. Cooked oysters have the most, I think even more than supplements. It's not a supplement that's expensive either. i used to take two zinc tablets a day and also 1/2 - 1 can of smoked oysters. Even after a month of this I had my blood tested and was still low on the scale of normal. Be careful of alkalising greens in your smoothies everone. I can't remember why but there was something on the healthy home economist about it. I think the greens contain some kind of acid which isn't great for you in large amounts.

Fort why on earth do you feel shamed by crying? This is such a hard thing to do. It wouldn't be normal not to crack now and then. I hope you don't need a donor but you are so highly regarded on EDA I doubt very much if it will take long. Thanks so much for thinking of me though, I appreciate it more than I can say.

Soclose, I really am a bit stuck with my FS as there's not great availability at my clinic or in Perth generally. If i could move I would and I've seen it do so many people good, I'd highly recommend a fresh pair of eyes. This is too important to be nice over. If you were visiting a share broker with all the money you've spent on IVF would you be as "nice" about a lack of results?

Wannabe, I'd recommend zinc and COQ10 for you both. Keeps those vital cells young and ready to divide and conquer! I think sometimes if you are taking it too, it doesn't seem like such a big deal for a DH.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. Fort recommended increased exercise to help me lose weight so I'm off to boot scoot! Last week I went to go but discovered i'd put on so much weight being indulgent after my last failure that my trousers were ever so tight. spent the night getting drunk and having a clothing crisis (yes I know - wine only helps very temporarily) Have now picked myself up and promised myself this week I'd definitely get there come hell or high water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies

Micca- always the lady in the know I shall arm myself with pen and paper and head out tomoz to get everything you have suggested I really appreciate your advice. I do take prednisone and clexane injections however they always get me to take them after transfer and I want to take them before what do you think?

Fortitude- Thanks for teenager advice I think it was such a shock because he is a beautiful boy but he was raised by his very unstable mother or should I say he raised himself and now he has limits boundaries and rules which has been a huge transition for him..... unfortunately a little biatch from school has hooked her teeth into him and keeps convincing him she needs him she wrote a letter saying she would k..l herself if he leaves her so we went straight to her parents and have now forbid him to see her at all on weekends and hopefully they will deal with their daughter
    Im with you on the crying thingy I cry for everything ATM another anniversary is coming my way and each year without a bubby seams to be getting harder and harder ATM I feel as desperate as I did 4 years ago for a while that settled however as another year passes and with the thought of using all our donated embies im soooo desperate .....

wanabemum-thank you for not forgetting me it bought a little tear to my eyes ive had a very very tough few years since losing my boy with losing all my friends and our family so it felt realy nice to know someone cares
    I will pm you for sure in the next couple of days I need to rid my self of quiet a few kilo's....

net3811- not sure about those oysters just the thought makes me wanna puk

cant remember who asked but this will be my 3rd doner cycle and the embies were from a women who had to do ivf before her cancer treatment she had no fertility issues at all a beautiful generous women...

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012
    Last edited by tens2many; 17-09-2012 at 22:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tens2many View Post
    Hey Ladies

Micca- . I do take prednisone and clexane injections however they always get me to take them after transfer and I want to take them before what do you think?
    tens I would definately be taking both of these pre transfer as they help with the circulation in your growing endometrium.
    my FS has me on prednisone about 3 weeks prior to egg pick up... 10mg a day... and I start the clexane at day 6 of the cycle.... Im sure the prednisone makes a huge difference early especially with natural killer cells... they often need the prednisone prior to dampen them down... and it could be a reason why your embies are not sticking... I would definately give it a try... and it will do no harm apart from make you hungry..lol..

'if you run out Id just go to a GP and get a script...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Im supposed to be working. I have several deadlines and Im struggling. I also planned to start my health kick today but that didn't take off either. Overall Ive been a bit stuck. I put this down to the uncomfortably large stomach I now have from all the comfort food I have been consuming as well as just been plain tired (probably also from all that food hehehe!). Can I ask how others have managed to climb/kick/push their way out of the failed cycle doldrums/post ivf pity party? Im not crying or depressed, just finding it hard to get back into things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanabe......I found that starting a health kick helped... like my smoothies..gave me something to concentrate on ... Also I would spend hours on dr google looking for extra vitamins, studies, advice, journal articles about things that may improve chances... it made me feel proactive... that was of course after a lot of junk food..lol...lol..

I had kfc today..lol.. the first time in about 12 months.... the twister wrap..and I have to say I enjoyed it...lol..lol... but felt so full all afternoon.. did not really eat any dinner.... thats 3 days in a row of only a smoothie and 1 meal a day.... although I seem to have snacked on a little more chocolate than I would like..lol..