Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy New Year ladies. May 2013 bring you the dreams and wishes you desire

Thanks
    Reviews
    B*gger B*gger B*gger Micca.....I had everything crossed for you too. As usual, you are right on it and planning your next step. Good on you.

Good luck with the weight loss, I am also doing it as from tomorrow.....did my food shopping prior to NYE in Port Douglas and today is my last day of cleaning out my fridge of the christmas chocolates!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Happy New Year x

As a matter of interest, out of all the treatments for us over 40 in 2012, how many BFP do we have that resulted in a bub or due this year? Just sitting here thinking off my odds, and watching Days of our Lives...DD asleep and I am feeling really lazy, must be the drugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxious- Good question. After three stims and a frozen cycle this year I was wondering that myself. Nonetheless back on the bandwagon shortly and adding growth hormone. Apparently it may improve memory! What a bonus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin and FingersCrossed.... I'm not completely sure about the Down Reg protocol, however it is the one that my FS has said that he wants me to do next time. On the info pamphlet he gave me it says "Down Reg (Agonist)" so I've gathered that Down Reg and Agonist means the same thing. Interestingly, my FS didn't say anything about going on the pill beforehand (though I have read others who've mentioned that before). My FS just said that I start sniffing the Syranel on day 21, then do the normal protocol similar to what I did before (the Flare Protocol). He said that sniffing the Syranel gets the levels "down", so then the normal cycle is more consistent... or something to that effect. Not sure if that helps??? Maybe someone else can sum it up better.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hopeful - I've been on growth hormones, as at today 14 days, and my memory has turned to sh.t lol my DH said that I've lost the plot! I put it down to buy/selling houses. Probably a silly time to do a cycle, but there will always be a sneaky hurdle at these times.

Down Reg - currently on my first down reg cycle. I started on day 21 with growth hormone and lucrin, then day 2 started orgalutran, puregon 600, pregnyl .1ml every alternate day, estrogen pess 5mg nightly, prednisone. Prior to day 21 I was taking DHEA & melatonin.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all! Micca, Tens, Sunny, Anxious, Fingers, Leannep, and everyone else (sorry if I havent mentioned you, I am terrible with names).

It has been a while since I last posted. I completed my last cycle in September and I have taken a few months break to save the money for another attempt. I have decide to have one more attempt at IVF with my own eggs. This time Im throwing the book and the kitchen sink in (nothing new there - this is why I needed to save). If this next cycle fails I have two frozen embies left I can try. If they fail my sister has said that she will be a donor.

Wishing everyone a great 2013

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hi Fort

I think it is a very very personal thing that needs to be considered on an individual basis. Ethically in my opinion its ok as Im thinking about it from the childs point of view. He or she would know that they were brought into the world with a lot of love and that would be such a fantastic start! However I feel it depends on how you and your daughter both handle things. Suggest its something you both need to talk through? I have the same dilemma as I have a younger sister who has not as yet had a child... its a tough one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    My blasties grow to day 5 then fail me... I am thinking perhaps I am just too old and the numbers game is too small a chance with my own eggs.

Can I ask for your opinions on a ethically loaded idea?

My oldest DD is nearly 20- she has offered several times to be an egg donor to me. She is from my first marriage so not related to my DH- so nothing creepy there.

Thoughts? Please don't get into a slinging match over this one- I know it's a tricky one and people will have differing opinions. As for the law on this- I am not sure where it stands as yet.

If these last 3 frosties fail, I am wondering whether to investigate this option.

xoxoxo
    Fortitude

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Wanabemum-welcome back! I think the kitchen sink is a must with us oldies, I must also suggest throwing in the bathtub! Lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    My oldest DD is nearly 20- she has offered several times to be an egg donor to me. She is from my first marriage so not related to my DH- so nothing creepy there.
    I can offer some guidance based on Victorian Legislation, but fertility law is state, not federal legislation, and so it's always worthwhile checking out the viability at a clinic, or through your state (assisted reproduction) body.

In Victoria, you might find that it would be difficult to accept such a gift from your daughter as we have possibly the toughest laws in the country: Police Checks, Child Protection Checks, extensive mandatory counselling for donors, recipients, partners etc...and even then it goes through a separate independent review process.

The thing that would stop you here is that the donor has to have completed their own family and also, I think (but I'm not sure) that mother/daughter donations rarely proceed. Again, this is Victoria where the laws are really tough.

Egg donation is a wonderful thing, and I guess my advice (as someone who works in a clinic in a patient administrative role only) is to do lots of research as a huge factor to consider is what you'd be 'up against' legally, as knowing all of this can help you prepare for the journey ahead.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsJorre For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (06-01-2013),wanabemum  (03-01-2013)