Closed Thread
Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no Wannabe.
    I had a similar thing happen with a frozen embryo. Got the call 1 hr before. Man I cried that day. It felt so unfair. I hate having no control with IVF.

I go to my FS Monday- so will give you the "low down" after on what she says. It seems we are similar with our results. The other hard question I am going to ask is what % chance WITH all those new drugs do I have in her opinion. If it all starts to look too poor I am going start looking for a donor in ernest.

My thoughts are with you honey. xoxoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    we had 3 embryos transferred at day 2 yesterday. This is our 4th IVF cycle and transfer. I have done day 6, day 5, day 3 and this time day 2 transfers. Our embryos don't make very good looking morulas or blasts. We had 4 out of 6 fertilised but they were average to poor quality embryos at day 2 so we transferred the best 3. Our last we left behind was graded as the worst and they didn't hold any hope that it was going to progress to a blast at day 5.

FS seemed to indicate no difference between day 2 and day 3 transfers.

Accidentally had some herbal pork ribs last night after transfer which was not wise. Didn't realise so many things or herbs can cause miscarriage. Anyway, hopefully it will be ok as embryo only a day 2 so has a few dys yet to develop before implanting.

I've been reading your journeys on this for so long as have been on this IVF journey for a year now. I realise I'm not alone when I'm on bubhub and it's amazing the knowledge you accumulate over a year doing this and sharing your experiences. I wish it was so much easier for all of you. It's so unfair.

Best of luck to all and thanks again for all your generosity and sharing.
    Last edited by Kenta; 15-09-2012 at 14:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabe...so sorry to hear about the little emby not making it. But you may well find a down reg cycle is good for you. I did well on down regs and are trying the antagonist agonists cycle this time.
    My FS says something similar about dhea and gets us to drop it from 75 to 25mg with stim ing and he acknowledges that it can cause baseline hormones to be a bit wacky. I might decrease it earlier this time just to be sure.
    I'm also taking some follicle stimulTing Chinese herbs as I stim which I think do help and some royal jelly which has a fsh like effect.

Fortitude ... Let's hope your appointment goes well here is my antagonist..agonists protocol with estrogen priming
    Pill 19 days
    Start lucrin 1-2 units day 1 week prior to coming off the pill start prednisone 10 mg
    Day 2 scan,bloods start gonal f 600 sazen nitrodur patch at night lucrin oestrogen 4mg day tablet continue and prednisone
    Saizen take 1 ampule very second day and day of trigger
    Day 5 add in clexane certratide and Luveris 75 mg
    Continue until trigger
    Post egg pick up progesterone suppositories 2x day crinolines gel 2xday pregnyl 1500 mg every 3 days clexane and aspirin and prednisone

So I hope it works,,finger crossed

Kenya....welcome you are in a great place here we all have a lot of knowledge and experiences to share. Let's hope that you can find that golden egg

Conference I am attending in Brisbane is long and tiring I've had 2 cups of real coffee 2days in a row and feel guilty for frying my eggs ..lol today I managed 2cups of decaff..so a little better..lol
    But still managing my green smoothies even being away and getting up super early so I guess that is a good thing..lol
    Looking forward to shopping on Monday as us country folks have not been shopping since Easter...so it will be nice to visit the department stores again
    Last edited by micca; 15-09-2012 at 16:56.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (15-09-2012),Kenta  (15-09-2012),wanabemum  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping in to say hello and wish everyone well. I'm not doing anything particular at the moment. I won't be cycling with my own eggs again. I'm waiting for an embryo donor but if I get the funds I may look at egg donation instead. In the meantime I'm looking at losing some weight. I exercised this morning but cancelled that out by having a sausage sizzle for breakfast when i went vegie shopping. Very poor planning there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net! So lovely to hear from you! Glad you still are popping in to say hello. It doesnt matter that you arent cycling anymore. Stay in touch. How long do you think you will need to wait for the donor embryo? That is VERY exciting! Good on you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca

can I ask why you have chosen to go down the antagonist agonist protocol if the down reg previously worked for you? Also were are you buying your chinese herbs again - I recall you previously posted a website but Ive lost it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,
    Im still hanging around and have been reading and cheering you all on from the side lines whilst having a few drama's with my 15 year step son! A 1:30 in the morning police door knock because he had snuck out to his GF caused a few dramas and lots of tention in our house and between DH and I .... unfortunately DH was soooo shocked it basically made him too scared to try for a baby between us boy this blindsided me and I fell in a hole TBH it did look like the end of our marriage because I could not promise I would not resent DH and his son for making us miss out on our dream... anyhoot many tears later we are over the door knock shock and looking to go 1 last go in November we have 4 doner embies left and are going to tell FS we want them all to grow to blasty and whatever survives goes in

Now I need you experienced ladies to assist im currently loosing weight taking vit d, and preg vitamin...what else is an ubsolute must for my very last doner embryo cycle ????

thanks inadvance for your advice

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    tens... great to hear from you...woohoo on getting over that very scary hump..gosh it was obviously a very very big speed bump...
    I hope that youare DH are stronger as a result.

now vitamins to take.....
    aspirin 100mg
    vitamin d 1000iu
    folate 5mg
    B12
    iodine... either as blackmores ifolic or elevet with iodine (highest on market)
    coQ10 150mg, vit E 1000iu, fish oil 2000g - all thin the blood and aid blood flow to uterus.
    if you are doing a natural or stimulated DET then Id take deer velvet 500mg in the luteal phase.
    chinese herbs at the commencement of progesterone... I use a sticky herb conccoction aimed at FETs... from fertilityherbs.com.au they are expensive at $120 for 2 weeks...but worth it.
    femoral massage to improve blood supply to the endometrium and ovaries.. do at the start of AF to ovulation... google it for technique

push FS for prednisone and clexane... to cover all bases.

wanabe..
    .. I have done a lot of reading about the antagonist-agonist cycle with oestrogen priming.. AAOP... and it seems to produce the best quality eggs and results in older women. My last down reg cycle I was over suppressed so I wanted a cycle that used more of a natural hormone state and less suppression. with this cycle the only suppression is with the pill and 1unit lucrin (compared to 10-20units with downreg)
    of course it is quite the gamble to try a new cycle... but I guess I will know in 3 weeks..lol...

the site for the fertility herbs is... www.fertilityherbs.com.au I think she is about to go on holiday for 2 weeks...

Fortitude.. good luck with your FS appointment tomorrow...

net - great to have you drop in... lets hope you find some donor eggs/embryos quickly.

not much to say on my front.. vitamin popping and waiting for uss and blood test on thursday

10. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens... teenagers are sent from hell. Most are basically either self centered, lazy, don't wash themselves or don't think about consequences. If you're really unlucky all of the above. Don't let it put your DH off, after all he was a teenager once too. LOL

Good luck with the donor cycle- is this the first donor cycle you've had?

Fortitude xoxo

Hi Annette.. stranger!

Micca- good luck!!

wannabe -how you going honey?

AFM Off to my FS tomorrow- update after.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Just a quick one I'm heading out the door. Wanabe I'm so sorry for you. It never gets any easier. Are you going to go away? Thanks for asking after me while you are having such a hard time.

Good luck with your app today fortitude. Thanks for thinking of me.

We don't know where to go from here. Unfortunately for us now money is our biggest issue. We just can't find enough for ivf plus all of the extras on top ie vitamins acupuncture etc. we do both want to keep going but I'm thinking even if we could that a FS change could be on the cards. Mine just keeps doing the same thing over and over. - basic antagonist cycle. I think he is way too conservative. With all of my medical issues and age on top of it I really need someone quite aggressive in their approach. So for the moment we feel a bit stuck. I wish everyone all the best with their journey. I would love to see you all reach your dreams xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (17-09-2012)