Closed Thread
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

This is my first post on this thread and I was hoping to get some advice and the benefit of your cumulative ivf experience.

We are currently TTC no.2 after a lucky first try with our son. I have now done three stimulated cycles (plus a cancelled fourth) and one Frozen cycle so far this year. I'm a good responder and get lots of eggs, but the attrition rate of our embryos is really high - only ending up with early blastocyst/grade 3 blastocyst by day five. I think statistically the rate of pregnancy is pretty low with these poor embryos.

For my next cycle I'm planning to use Saizen. It seems most of the research data pertains to women who don't get enough eggs, rather than women like me, who get a lot of eggs but dodgy quality. Did anyone notice an appreciable improvement in embryo quality? It's a pretty expensive drug....

Wishing you all well in your next cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi everyone, looks like a few of you are in the 2 week wait, fingers crossed for you all. For those taking a break until next year, enjoy the festive season and let your hair down.

AFM I saw my FS today, first time since my last cycle was cancelled due to ovulating. He said it was very unusual that I ovulated (great - not). I am going to do another cycle. This time he is putting me on a down reg, so next period I will be on the pill and then sniffing to keep me suppressed. It seems a good cycle for this time of year because I will be starting the pill in the next week and be on it over Xmas NY. Means will feel like I am doing something towards IVF yet I get to have a few drinks at Xmas NY!

Micca, I think you mentioned doing a down reg when I first posted about my cancelled cycle, you certainly have great knowledge on this IVF stuff. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us all.

Cheers Beetle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    beetle...yay for your next cycle plan all organised... and it sounds like a great plan... love the opportunity for some bubbles over christmas.
    lets hope that this is your protocol...

hopeful... glad that you have some changes... Id also consider DHEA as well...
    Ive used saizen with 4 of my cycles... the cycle I got pregnant I had 22 eggs... I was told by my FS that it improves cellular division...so helps with the quality of the embryos... so how many eggs you produce makes no difference for its main effect... Im on it now for my present cycle.

fort... not long until your transfer now...

kenta... it sounds like you are in groundhog day... lets hope that you have a different ending to this ....

tens....... hang in there ... as long as you can...although I understand the lure of the first response test..lol... my rationalle for testing early has always been to stop the drugs as early as I can..lol..
    If all goes well my transfer will be around dec 22... the clinic stops dec 24... So close..

anxious... are you cycling.. or still planning??

Had scan and bloods today... day 7 stims... its all looking pretty good... Ive got 10 follies brewing all a nice size and my bloods show that they are happy follicles. Im pretty happy with it all. The only issue was that there was fluid in the uterine cavity...sigh... so after consulting with dr google It is often associated with lower pregnancy rates.. understanding really..if the embie is in a swimming pool unable to touch the sides it is not going to implant... I hope that it all resolves by transfer... but I have options... such as freeze and do a fet.. Ill chat with my FS when I see him on thursday for the next scan and grill him and see what the fluid is doing then.. sigh.. nothing seems to be straightforward now that Im old..lol
    So egg pick up will be monday... 6 days and counting

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (10-12-2012),Kenta  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca- 10 follies is awesome. Hope the fluid resolves but a freeze all cycle is definately an option. Hope your FS has answers.

Fort

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hopeful good luck for your cycle these ladies will be a great support.

micca that is cutting it fine indeed....

Beetle I 2nd what you say about micca its like she is my ivf dictionary ...

thanks micca your advice is always appreciated although not always followed last night I had pink cm (sorry tmi) and anounced to dh its all over red rover for hours we discussed life without a baby very sad indeed the thought makes me well up just thinking about it... so what did I do today yeah u guessed it poas knowing full well it would be negative I even said it out allowed wilst doing it,its like I just had to break the urge such a D...head!!!!!

hello to every1 else

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)

ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)

FET #3 2009 BFNICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN

ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN

ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo DEC 2012

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Tens - F F F F not the news I wanted to hear from you, so very disappointed for you x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

tens2many  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Micca - looking good lovely lady!

I think I start in a fortnight fingers x tomorrow pap and bloods next Wednesday uss and growth hormone (Day 21) x

Thanks
    Reviews
    tens............ Im so sorry....has the bleeding continued to AF??
    just thinking that with my DD my beta was so low I only got a very faint positive at 17dpo on a test.. I guess its up to the beta today
    big hugs
    crack open the champane and christmas tarts... and get plastered if its confirmed negative maybe time to think about overseas options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy all

Well DP is now PUPO with two little embies on board

We lost one during defrosting and one dropped down to 6 cells, so the 6 cells and the 8 cells embies were transferred yesterday morning.

Testing is due 24/12/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fingers for you that this cycle is yours.

micca gotta wait till Monday for beta... TMI ---still spotting 2 more times anyhoot when i wipe and stringy red streak and small little lump in toot about half the size of a 1 cent piece (only us oldies no that size no more 1 cent pieces floating around ) I ended up popping in an extra progesterone as my clinic dont test for this mid cycle ,id like to hang on to some hope but its getting harded and harder as each hour passes not sure how ill survive another 5 days

Sorry about the meeeeeeeeeeee post.
    Hope every1 else is in better spirits.....

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)

ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)

FET #3 2009 BFNICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN

ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN

ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo DEC 2012