Closed Thread
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    wow, same as fort, go away for awhile and the faces have really changed. good to see the support from so many thou.
    Micca good luck for this one I hope AF was on time.
    AFM, I was put on aspirin and prednisalone for this one, 450 gonal F and triggered sat night with EPU at 0815 Mon (4 hours time). didnt jab for as long this time, had to get extra gonal F last time and this time there are 2 left over. some folicles got too big last time and over cooked.
    I had 13 follies on U/S on wed and 10 on saturday's so hopefully get something out of it. got 8 from 13 last time, 7 fert and only one was put in at a 3dt, they had started to fragment and none made it to freezing.
    I cope with the synarel but found the gonal F at the higher dose caused headaches and some nausea and some really bad fatique. stayed at work but had to have my partner pull the ambulance over on the way to a job so I could throw up on the side of the road (with red and blue beacons going) not a very good look!!! no one died but she was asking me "are you sure you're not pregnant?" the rest of the way. She doesnt know abt the IVF so I was just saying "no" very sure but thinking that I am full of eggs and hopefully preggers by the end of the week
    Got some painkillers and antispew drugs up the hosp which made things more reasonable. The things we do on the journey to get pregnant!

Good luck with your journey's this week.
    Goldie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenya good luck for Wednesday.

Fortitude welcome back I hope you are feeling better after your timeout. this thread moves so quickly it's always hard to keep up.

MrsErinR sorry to hear (((hugs))) I hope your next cycle gives you the results you crave.

Tens Fingers crossed, with some of the family stress now sorted, a positive would be the icing for you, I do hope you get one, your right it's time for some positives on this thread.

Babydocotr, sounds like you have been doing it tough. I hope you both get better soon.

Goldielocks, how awful for you, I used to get slight side effects from the drugs but thankfully not vomiting. Fingers crossed for your cycle.

2bmom sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle. it's not fun as most of us know.

Sunny sounds like you have Chrissy and new year planned lol.

Hi everyone else.

Well I'm waiting nervously for the phone call, am I or aren't I. You all know how I feel about POAS, I found one in my drawer on the weekend, I gave it a shot this morning and as suspected it was negative, I really don't like those things lol. I'm not reading anything into that result as they didn't work last time either, it saidI wasn't when I was. I just thought it might be nice to have a positive stick for a change lol. Anyway Ill let u know later, just wishing the damn phone will ring lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had the dreaded phone call, bloods came back negative but I'm ok with that. I am lucky to have my gorgeous little boy and am grateful that I have him. Hubby still wants another and to go to South Africa and do another egg donor cycle but honestly, I feel that our journey is over, who knows I may change my mind but I doubt it. good luck everyone hopefully there will be some positives on here soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    jodiW Thinking of you sorry this was not the one for you.

goldielocks sorry I had a little giggle at your expense as I read your story I pictured it happening hopefully you will be able to say you were pg very soon...

micca you have gone quiet when do you start your next cycle soon? Hope your doing ok

Hi to everyone else

AFM got the call today to say they defrosted all 4 just as we asked and 3 survived... im happy with 3 looks like they are going to push me to do a 3 day transfer on Wednesday tho .....
    Started leave yesterday so I can just chillax during this our final IVF and the mind went somewhere to because I have completely forgotten to take my progesterone pessaries does any one think I should try to throw an extra one in there to try and catch up so to speak?

Cheers

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I havent been in touch for a while as I am working really hard to save up the money for another cycle. I am in Singapore at the moment. Was in Australia about 2 weeks ago. the upshot is that I really cant afford another icsi plus human growth hormone plus plus treatment plus travel costs which would come to over $10,000! It is that for me or at 43 its facing that I will never have my own baby. A tough one. We had some money but my husband has his own business and a business partner who recently decided to cause problems so we have had massive legal fees. Due to IVF my work output hasnt been fabulous over the last 7 years. The result is that we are now at the end of our IVF/ICSI rope and also at the end of our rope financially. After all these years it is a tough one to face though Im sure a lot of people have had the same struggle. It just seems so unfair. I sometimes wonder what I have done wrong to deserve this - illogical as that sounds. After 7 years of ivf and fertility and no baby its sad. The timing absolutely sucks. This was going to be my last attempt and then I could have put it to rest but now my husband says that we only have 8k in the bank and he doesnt feel comfortable spending it. Understandable. Its rediculous though isnt it that it all came down to money.
    Last edited by wanabemum; 03-12-2012 at 16:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanabemum I feel for you and I know where you are coming from unfortunately everything always boils down to dam money.... we ourselves have spent well over $30,000 (lost count a while back) and the guilt I feel about it and the thoughts of what we could have done with that money...havent told anyone this before but we even voluntarily handed over our home and land to keep trying but we have reached our limit and this cycle #9 is our last one I have been unable to move forward since losing my DS so no doubt I shall need some assistance if this does not work I have no doubt I will fall apart and do the grieving that I havent done IVF has allowed me to avoid admitting it and live in denial
    Maybe check other options such as doner in the country you in , its something to consider whilst not your gene's your cells and body can still produce a beautiful baby,we figure a baby is better than no baby .That's where we are at because our journey started as us sharing a baby of our own (2nd marriage) but we had to change our views along the way and now its about raising a baby in a loving home..and doner has given us at least more oppotunities and chances because it is much much cheaper. I have always felt strongly we would share a little girl so hopefully this is the one cause all our eggs are in the 1 basket so to speak...

Take care xo

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tens2many For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Tens!

Ive pretty much been in a dark place all afternoon since I had this conversation with my husband today. Maybe once I have stopped feeling so emotional I can process things a little better.

It's so lovely to have contact with you and to be able to share with someone who understands. Big hugs to you, tens and all the friends out there who have been so caring. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wannabemum that sounds like a hard situation. xoxox HUGS

jodi- not good, sorry to hear about your BFN.

Micca- how's my cycle buddy? FS has agreed to prednisone... thoughts?

Sending a "HELLO" to all ladies.

Fortitude
    xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Been off the computer for a week. DH has been putting in a new kitchen, new air con and just doing bits n pieces around the house. I have been busy with DD as end of years school stuff means lots of sewing costumes, wrapping presents, running here and there and now she has her celebration presentation day tomorrow and she started on penicillin today with a sore throat, glands swollen and a temp of 49.5. Poor little thing. She should be ok for the 2 hours tomorrow. She is a "Bright Light" in the nativity scene!! Cute!!
    AFM....IVF on hold for a month or two. Feel totally negative about it. Need to pop the cork on NYE and celebrate the good things and then deal with IVF again.
    Spoke to a clinic in Sydney and they said they would do my cycle with my last embie but won't take me on as a client as I am 45. It stinks.
    Anyway, hope you are all ok. I need to catch up. Any good news?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lovely Ladies,

Wondering if I can join you. I have been a bit of a lurker for a while and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I am just waiting to start my fourth cycle in the New Year and feel like I could do with a little support from all the great ladies on here. Briefly I am a poor responder, my biggest haul was 4 eggs on my first cycle which was a down reg, 100% fertilization, transferred 1, with none to freeze, which ended in a chemical, second cycle was a flare which was cancelled due to poor response, and my last cycle (oct) was another down reg with ICSI where we got 3 eggs but only 1 was fertilized with ICSI and again ended in a chemical. SO onwards and upwards to the next cycle which will be sometime in Jan. The plan is to do an antagonist cycle with elonva and (?)luveris with a pipelle biopsy on day 21 of the cycle before, I am currently drinking some disgusting Chinese herbs and doing acupuncture and generally trying to get healthy before we start again as this will probably be our last attempt.
    Anyway lovely to finally say hello to everyone.

Sorry not really sure how to get the signature thingy on the bottom but I am 40 and my lovely man is 35 and perfect in every way and we have rather large puppy dog who is very spoilt.