Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #5

What's the study?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babydoctor - Welcome back and glad to see you have bounced back after your illness. Looking forward to hearing about your research.

Fingers - Good luck with this cycle.

2bmom - Sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle....ouch, they hurt. Dont give up yet....there maybe other options before donor.

Twocam - wishing you the best...I hope IUI works for you and no need for anything further. Happy lurking and we are here if you have any questions.

Everyone else...hope all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing FET of our day 6 frozen blast next Wednesday. Will be our fifth transfer, first frozen and our 9th embryo. Hoping for lucky 9. Booked Accupuncture. Been stressed last 24hrs, maybe hormonal worrying about another failure even before its started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    babydoctor.... glad you are on the mend and out of hospital... now just a bit of time to recoup your strength.

fingerscrossed....lets hope that you have your miracle bfp this FET..xxxx

2bmom... so sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled... after having quite a few I know how that feels... I hope that you are able to get some answers and maybe a nice protocol to suit you... have you thought about giving menopur a go??

twocam... welcome...lets hope you get lucky with your IUIs...

emski... great that you are back on the crazy train.. there are a few threads here that mention eastern europe for donor eggs... its about the same price as southafrica I think..maybe a little cheaper.

sunny... I hope that you are continuing to live a bit of a normal life and enjoy a break for a while... just make sure you drink enough champers for all of us..

I hope everyone has a love weekend planned...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Thanks Sunny and Micca, I guess we will decide after the consultation with our obstetrician. I am actually starting to panic as well as I'm 44 now. I've never tried Menupor yet, but I will discuss with my FS next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been out of the loop too long... don't recognise faces. Been busy and quiet.

BT tomorrow to see when I'll ovulate, FET planned some time soon. (I hope!)

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to jump in on your thread. Just want to say it's great to hear from you Fort. I've got scan on Tues to find out when FET will be so with luck to us both we'll be in TWW together again. There's a Dec FET thread if you feel like joining. Hope you are well and ready to go again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. It's been a hectic time at work combined with the TWW. Unfortunately the news is not good for my first ivf cycle. AF started last night, right on schedule. Blood test is Monday, but having received a BFN on FRER on Thursday I think the blood test is just a formality now.

So, I will be making the most of the Christmas break. Relax a bit, and prepare to cycle again in Jan. Unfortunately no frosties from our first cycle.

BabyDust to you all....for whatever stage you're at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just a quick update on me. I had my scan yesterday lining was 11ml so trigger was done right there and then 5 day blasty on Friday 7th-we are defrosting all 4 doner embies and and hoping for 2 to transfer FS reckons odds wise we should have 2 to 3 really wanting a xmas miracle.
    On the upside DH'S 12 year old has just moved in with us 14yr old was in April so we have an instant family in a matter of 8 months his daughters have decided to have xmas with us for the 1 st time in several years we are soooooo excited ,we spent $22000 fighting to have his ex follow court paperwork that she kept breaking and now they are all old enough to make up there minds they are coming around(many many lies were told) -patience is difficult but so worth it children are very very smart.

Still keeping a close eye on you all sorry for your struggles I really hate that side of ivf.....I hate having to struggle for something I want so badly and others lay down and blink and presto......

Hope there is some xmas miracles about to happen on this thread and 2013 brings lots of joy for everyone..........
    ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again, here is to babies coming in 2013. My heart goes to out to all of you that have not been successful so far. I know fr both my own personal and professional experience how heartbreaking this is but do not give up there really is hope and it is my hope that with the study and working with as I like to call it with the more mature of us we will have great success.
    well guess what in hospital with my son now. He has slight autism so he not coping as well as he could! So in hospital again and busy typing from my mobile so excuse the typos and my fatigue as I am still recovering as well and sleeping o. Those hard mattresses is back breaking!

Well, this means that it maybe hard to answer Pms again but I will do my best. I am so sorry I hate letting people down!! Will try from this phone but must say it is hard from the hospital as really intermittent Internet. Just wanted to let you know.