Closed Thread
Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Sunny - I've never had it before (it happened maybe a week ago but I didn't think much of it) but when it happened again last night I didn't know what was wrong but googled the symptoms and RLS came up time and time again! My friends who have suffered it all recommended bananas... so I'll have to start the day with a smoothie I think - but I do think the drugs may have something to do with it as it seems a bit coincidental. Awful feeling though.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    ... and it just gets wackier this cycle... AF has just shown up in full force 6 days past EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ZB...welcome to the madhouse!!! Hope your next cycle goes well for you.

SUNNY...A group booking??? Absolutely...lets do it! I have been reading more and more about SA and America. Why do you prefer SA? Is there a particular clinic and what is the donor situation?

MICCA...Got you PM and I will sit back tonight and write back to you. I did have a quick look at the link you sent me and wow, it is so interesting. Thank you for writing all of that, you have opened our minds to new options. DP and I obviously don't hold up much hope for our last little frosty but we will uses it maybe in late Jan and then the freezer is empty!

AFM...Went to bed last night after a few Baileys, some hazelnut chocolate and couldn't sleep. Felt hot and clammy! Got up at 5am and then 630am. So, onwards and upwards I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #5

Thanks for your support everyone. I've had trouble keeping up with threads during a busy week with ivf events and work. I'm finding being PUPO quite a novelty though :-)

Sadly we didn't get any embryos to freeze, so all our hopes are hanging on the one I'm carrying around.

This has all made me very intrigued about the 3d vs 5d transfers. I had a 5d transfer and that is what my clinic prefers. If you have a 3d transfer do they also freeze embryos at day 3 or keep them going a while to see if they become good looking blastocysts?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Thank you for the welcome messages. I started the injections today. They put me on Elonva this cycle, has anyone heard about it? It's only one injection which lasts up to 9 days. Then I have blood test and scan next Friday.
    Tens, looks like we have the same dates thank God I don't have to do needles everyday, but I'll start the morning injections on Tuesday.
    Fingers crossed for everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2bmom For This Useful Post:

tens2many  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

MrsErinR-my clinic will freeze 3 or 5 day...they may freeze 3d if you have a 3dt and your over 40. In my case I am lucky to get 3epu, transfer 2 (if I'm lucky) and non have made blasties.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi 2bmom,

I have used elonva and really like it. I have had good (for me anyway) follicle numbers with it. My FS says it can help in that it gives your ovaries a kick start rather than the gradual increase from daily injections. Fingers crossed you get good results too.

Cheers Beetle

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR my clinic freeze eggs either day 3 or 5 it depends on how the blasties are going. The one transferred into me on Wednesday was slow to develop and fractured They left it til day 6 and I was surprised at the time that they actually froze it, but they must have seen something in it to keep it going.

Fingers crossed for your positive result.

AFM, I'm continuing on as usual not thinking about it. Hubby said to me yesterday do you feel pregnant lol. This morning I had some twinges that I had when I was pregnant with DS, could be the pregnancy hormones still floating round my system or......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Hi 2bmom,

I have used elonva and really like it. I have had good (for me anyway) follicle numbers with it. My FS says it can help in that it gives your ovaries a kick start rather than the gradual increase from daily injections. Fingers crossed you get good results too.

Cheers Beetle

Beetlegeuse, thanks for the reply. I am really hopeful. That's what my FS told me as well when she changed the drugs. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Some Positive News

Hi to you all here.

I just wanted to pop in and share some news.

My Husband and I are both 40, and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant. It is possible.

Our 4th ICSI cycle was a winner, using PICSI due to Husband's sperm antibodies seemed to be the big difference. All cycles we both did acqupuncture, but the last cycle under guidence since the tranfer day I warmed my uterus with a heat lamp for 20 mins.

Some more good & bad news, we had an ultrasound on Friday, it was amazing to see the little acorn and hear the heart beating.

Saturday I get a call from the Dr's office, as I have whooping cough. Luckly it is okay for me, but I wanted to warn people it is out there and it is very serious for young babies (up to 6 mths) and the elderly and also pregnant woment within one month of giving birth.

It is very often not diagnosed as the symptoms start as a common cold cough and progressively gets worse, so I wanted to ensure the word is spread it is out there and it took me two visits to my doctor and me asking for her to dothe whooping cough test before she did. You are contagious for three weeks. Sorry for the long post, just thought both points were important info for everyone.

Wishing you all lots of babydust to us more mature mums

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angelgrub For This Useful Post:

emski72  (24-11-2012),MGC Bertie  (25-11-2012),tens2many  (24-11-2012),wanabemum  (03-12-2012)