Closed Thread
Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Ladies I have been lurking for weeks keeping up to your ups and downs ,I have been pretty quiet and in a not so good place as I have been seeing my naturopath who has been helping me deal with this "big brick wall" I have managed to build around me since loosing my boy and no doubt the added past 8 cycles failures have contributed to also... but like Kath (from Kath and Kim) each night I lay in bed saying clear the mind Kath Day Night clear the mind Kath Day Night!!! I think my DH thinks im more nuttier now than ever before......HA HA

Anyhoot Im on the roller coaster ride again with AF arriving today so start injections tomoz for 8 days...yay for needles hey.

Scan on 30th and all going according to plan 2 blasties 5 or 6 days later -only got 4 doner embryos left and we are defrosting all 4 and praying for at least 2 little fighters-risky game to be playing as we may end up with 0 but hey that can happen anyway-we simply no that this is the last 1 for us and we do not want to be left with the delemia of having any left over...maybe my user name "tens2many" was my marker so to speak(hopefully number 9 is the 1 as there will be no need for a 10)

I am going to do my utmost best to not stalk BH for these coming weeks as I try to accept "whatever will be will be" I am going to TRY and have a non obsessive cycle--------not too sure how that is going to pan out as I am a control freak Wish me luck with that one... will be having my 1st lot of leave ever and shall be meditating beauty treats long walks daily swims and basking in doing absolutely nothing oh yeah lots of retail therapy....

Micca I have started on the prednislone just as you have recommended unbeknown to FN.....

Best wishes to you all may 2013 bring us all some baby joy

Cheers

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry not to post individually but I'm on a new page and can't see everyone's posts. I'm doing nothing but waiting on donor embryo availability. I see one of you is a customer of Concept as well and a special wave as you head off to South Africa. I couldn't really afford it myself but I've heard good things about results from there so I think you'll be in good hands. Best wishes to everyone and thanks to those who've said hello to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny -Sounds like you have a fabulous plan there, you never know taking the stress off might help move things along.

MrsErin -your day 5 blast sounds very promising

DJ -I hope the GP can sort out your little issues for you.

Tens -Good luck with your last cycle.

AFM I had my transfer today, initially the lab assistant sounded confident that the egg was progressing well and then in the 10 minutes it took me to undress etc, the egg "hatched" as she called it lol, which is very promising, well for my eggs anyway.
    I didn't get to lie down for 10 mins after transfer and had to get up straight away which I wasn't very happy about and had a rather busy day thereafter, which was unfortunate, not a great way to be after your transfer.

Now for the dreaded 2ww. I feel hugely relieved that I am now at the end of my IVF journey, there will be no what ifs anymore either this works or it doesn't. If it works, fantastic, then I can start panicking about pre eclampsia again if it doesn't then I'm having a merry Christmas lol. I havent ruled out another egg donation In SA definitely, but at this point fear of pre eclampsia is ruling my judgment.

Good luck everyone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

tens2many  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsErin and Jodi - Congratulations to you both on being PUPO and it sounds like you both have a nice embie on board. You are 2WW buddies! Lets hope you two are the first BFPs.

Tens - Nice to hear from you....Yay, for starting your cycle....9 is the magic one!! Sounds like a nice relaxing plan for your cycle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

tens2many  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

We are back
    after my DP's miscarriage, the elusive period has come and we start gonal on Sunday for FET. Hope this one goes further than the last and we get a baby fingers tightly crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny......International Donor....YES....we have just had that discussion about 30 minutes ago as I sat in the bath with a bloody BIG glass of Baileys.......Got the BFN as I knew I would.

ERIN..... I so hope you bring great news to us all. Sticky thoughts to you. Great to here your blast looks amazing. I hope it grows and grows and grows! Absolute best thoughts and wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi everyone, I have been reading on this thread and I would like to say hello to everyone who is on this journey. We are starting our 3rd attempt to conceive. We had one unsuccessful IVF followed by ICSI. We are having ICSI again using the antagonist cycle. Our last cycle in March was cancelled because there was no eggs at all and we had a bit of a break. Now we are ready to go again. I am starting the injections tomorrow and we hope it works this time around. I wish everyone all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ - B*gger B*gger B*gger....Im so sorry. Enjoy the Baileys...chocky would go great with Baileys! Thinking of you. Maybe a group booking to South Africa next year!!!!

Fingers - Good luck.

2b - Welcome and good luck...this is a very positive, supportive and informative thread...feel free to ask and share.

to everyone....here's hoping this thread receives some BFPs soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you're all going well.

Good luck Tens for your upcoming cycle. I had a giggle at your Kath Day Knight mantra here's hoping you get a fantastic thaw rate.

Good luck JodiW I really hope this is the one for you - I'm slowly but surely having the SA donor conversation with my DH which is good.

Dj sorry to hear about your BFN - big hugs to you.

Good luck 2BMom and welcome to the thread - I had no eggs at last EPU too (unfortunately found out after going under) so know how you feel.

MrsErinR how are you going in the TWW?

Hi Micca if you're lurking around.

I had my follow up appointment this morning with the FS which went well - we have to put my 0 egg scenario down to 'just one of those things' -- I hadn't ovulated, the trigger was in my system etc. so it was taken correctly, so there's no logical reason why there were no eggs, sometimes it just happens apparently. She was very consoling which was good - and has advised she will waive fees on our next cycleand ask the clinic to do a minimal cost cycle for us which is good news to hear.

I'm getting my AMH tested again before we go again in Feb - I'll be doing a long down reg - so start the BCP at the end of Dec.

I also had a chat to the FS about helping with SA donor route if we do go down that path and she is happy to perform scans and write me scripts as requested by a SA clinic which is good to know.

Besides that I've been laying low - I had a GP appointment yesterday and my doctor was running really late - I went to tell the receptionist I had to leave as I had another appointment and she said 'oh I'm so sorry she shouldn't be too long - you're just here for a ante-natal appointment aren't you?' errrm no, no preggers just incredibly bloated and overweight from IVF but thanks for asking!

Just a quick question - has anyone else acquired restless leg syndrome since using fertility drugs? I've been having a terrible time of it this week - being woken up at 4am with burning itching legs... wondering if it's a side effect?

I hope everyone else is going well.
    And good luck to those beginning cycles. x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

tens2many  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski - I have suffered from restless leg syndrome all my life....unfortunately, my brother and I have taken after our poor mother, who suffers from it terribly. Usually mine is due to tiredness, but put me in a small place for any length of time and I am stuck with it.....I dread flights and I am not looking forward to travelling to Canberra tomorrow.

I do find it worse when on Prednisolone and due to my high dosage last cycle, I had to play around with the right time to take my night dose...I found if I took it too early, then it would kick in when I was about to go to bed and then I was restless, couldnt sleep and up half the night. I found if I took it just before going to sleep, it gave me enough time to get to sleep before getting into my system.

I so know how you feel and I sympathise....all the other side effects from hormone drugs are bad enough without adding restlessness to it.