Closed Thread
Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you wanabemum for your kind welcome.
    I have had 2 family donors and had no success After an ectopic pregnancy & right tube removed, I am starting to think it's my uterus My FS said it's not my uterus and she has taken swabs last week- after I requested this...so frustrating these naughty little embies don't stick!
    Anyway we are off to South Africa in Feb 2013 to try a cycle with a donor there.
    I am 45 and feel like my candle is burning down pretty fast- so am being proactive and trying the IVF process in South Africa. The Aussie dollar is strong against the Rand now, so we think it's going to be about $6,700 for the donor and clinic fees. We are seeing this time as a holiday- which is much needed.

Any feedback/suggestions would be wonderful...Has anyone done a donor cycle in South Africa?

Good Luck to everyone whatever you are doing this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee here is my SA thread

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...n-South-Africa

DS hope the bloods surprise you.

AFM I'm waiting on the phone call to let me know what's happening tomorrow. I hope the egg thaws fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting that you are going to South Africa. My twin sister has 19 week old twins from donor eggs and donor sperm. She didn't have to go to South Africa, but it worked for her after 9 years of IVF. Which agency have you chosen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just spoke to the nurse, FS wants to cancel my cycle. Just feel disappointed and a little sad. She is happy for me to go again straight away, but not sure if I want to be so strict with everything over Christmas. Not sure what to do, or just give up on my ancient eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

DJ - grrrrrrr
    Minnie the waiting game will suck!
    Thinking of ya all ! X

AFM - went to FS yesterday, back on DHEA & melatonin doing a AACEP (agonist/antagonist conversion with estrogen priming) protocol. Down reg. so I will commence mid Dec-ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JodiW thanks for the link,. I think I saw your post on the donation site. It was really infomative- so thanks on behalf of all of us egg donor recipient ladies Thinking of you while you wait for the call. We are always waiting...

Hi minnieP. We are off to Cape Fertility Clinic in Feb. I'm pretty nervous about this. It's going to seem weird not going to my clinic-Concept-here in Perth. We really do put ourselves out there, don't we, for this journey we are all on. I'm very sad for you with cancelling this cycle...it really sux! I have given myself the Christmas/New Year period off to relax & forget & enjoy...then go to SA in Feb.

Best wishes to everyone and lots of to everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DJ – How did blood test go….how are you?

Jenni – Welcome. I too am leaning towards SA for donor eggs and planning on Feb/March next year. We are still searching the net on overseas donor programs, so not yet 100% certain on SA.

AnxiousGood luck with the AACEP protocol….I did AACEP with my last stim cycle and felt really good on it.

Minnie – Don’t give up on your own eggs yet. Take a step back from IVF over December, enjoy Christmas and then cycle in January with renewed focus and enthusiasm. If you are on DHEA, a January cycle will give the DHEA just that little bit of extra time to work.

Jodi – How did transfer go? Are you feeling okay?

Micca – How are you travelling….cycle on track?

MrsErin – How did your embies go? When was/is transfer?

Emski – Im truly sorry that you didn’t get a better outcome at EPU, however, you sound like you have a great attitude and already have a plan for early in the new year. I hope the next 3 months (at least) brings lots of BFPs on this thread.

Hi - Net, Wana, BabyDoctor, Beetle, Fort, MGC.

AFM
    Well, my week of ‘eat, drink and be merry’ has truly been debaucherous!!! We have had DPs best mate up staying with us for a week and we have done nothing but play…fabulous tonic for our last BFN and no donor eggs/embryos left.

I cant get into FS for our follow up appointment until late January/February….not impressed that I have to wait nearly 3 months on a follow up appointment to a failed cycle!

So our plan is that we don’t actually have a plan at the moment….we will have a look at the information from BabyDoctor when it comes through and also plan for overseas donor (and holiday). In the meantime, I am 3 days into 6 weeks leave and LOVING every moment of it….so far its been sleeping in and real coffees!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 21-11-2012 at 12:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny..... I am now 15 dpt and I haven't done bloods!!!! I am still following procedure with pessaries, tabs but I know!!!
    Totally peeved with my clinic. Would have been nice if they had made a phone call any time to check up on me or follow up but I guess once the money is in the bank, who cares??? Maybe they would if I needed a counselling appointment as they would generate revenue!
    I am going to a new GP at 5pm today. I will do my bloods via him, see if I can get anywhere with my recurrent uti and dermatitis that has become ridiculous. Blimey.....falling apart at the ripe old age of 45. I wore a long loose fitting dress today with a longer top over it...a little boho and needless to say, when I caught up with my mother, she told me I looked like a bag-lady! Reinforced why I never told her about this cycle. I didn't feel good about it myself from a confidence point of view. Not sure why, just had a feeling.
    We have one embie left.. and we will then be in your same position Sunny. I am not confident at all. I wish I could get a surrogate, another egg donor, anything at all.
    So for me Saturday may just be my Baileys and chocolate indulgence day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ - Im hoping you are wrong and you get a nice surprise...good luck at 5pm, will be thinking of you. Would you think about an international egg donor?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Sunny15, thanks for asking after me! I actually had my transfer this morning. Very exciting.

They put in a nice looking 5 day blastocyst. Interesting to see a picture and see the part that becomes the placenta and the part that becomes the baby! Very cool. All day I've been worrying about dislodging it...haha.

Not sure that we're going to get any to freeze as one was apparently looking a bit questionable today and the other was developing more slowly so it was hard to tell. We will find out at the end of the week. Anyway, I'm just happy to just have one on board for now.