Closed Thread
Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear emski,
    So sorry to hear your news. Don't give up hope, I fell pregnant naturally at 44 and 45, so it can happen. My sister also has 19 week old twins after 9 years of IVF, she never gave up hope that she would one day have a baby and I knew she would have done anything until it happened.
    Can anyone tell me about aspirin and how much to take? I will try anything and thinking of getting aspirin today and a pineapple. Do I cut the core into 5 pieces and start eating on the first day of transfer or before? Also, is anyone on Clexane? I know my sister was on it her last cycle. When do you start this? I have my first scan Monday, hopefully they will find something!
    Wishing everyone a great weekend x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to minnieP For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski... very sorry to hear about your EPU. I can't imagine how it would feel to have none, but I still shake my head and do awfully big sighs when I think about my second cycle that only produced 2. I remember sitting in the hospital looking at the sad number 2 written on tape on my hand, just wondering what happened. Next to me was a lady who had 17 on her bit of paper. I just kept wondering why she even needed IVF if she can produce 17 eggs.... I got the answer half an hour later when her DP turned out to be female :-) Hehe.

I am so glad that I found this site, better late than never, and hopefully I can ask the right questions at the next two clinics (yes, I'm hedging my bets and am seeing two FSs at two clinics, as time is not on my side). At clinic one, I didn't realised that different protocols meant different outcomes, as I was only offered "flare". Both clinic two and three want me to do "agonist" (long down), so I'm happy to see lots of people on here recommending that.

Erin.... fingers crossed that your eggs happily progress. It's only with success stories that gives me hope that it might happen for me too. So looking forward to hearing how it goes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi all,

We got 4 fertilised and now we're waiting and hoping that they keep growing and at least one can make their way to a 5 day blast. It's so stressful. I have the ultimate respect for you ladies who've done this more than once. There are so many hurdles at which to fall. But I guess we get stronger and braver and find a way to get through it.

I am trying to remind myself that success first time up is unlikely in the hope that makes this easier.

Hope you are doing ok Emski after your disappointment yesterday.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hoping someone can shed some light. I had my scan yesterday and the nurse mentioned that I had a follicle 7.2mm. Now I am of the understanding that taking the Lucrin was going to suppress ovulation and was surprised to know that I had a follicle, I understand that it may not contain an egg but I didn't think there would be any movement in the ovaries at all. I was also shocked at the size 7.2 mm for a suppressed cycle I wonder what size it would have been if not interfered with. Can anyone clear this up for me, is my understanding incorrect?!.! Or does taking estradiol change things?

My frozen egg transfer is on Wednesday I guess I find out on Tuesday if it thaws or disintegrates is that the case or do they thaw it same day as the transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies I'm new to the forum and feel like a kindy kid on their first day at school! I'm not sure this will even work. I'm here because I've been on the IVF rollercoaster for over 2 years and would love to chat with ladies who understand how much our lives change during this time. So hello from me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee! . I hope that like me, you find this forum to be a safe place were you find a lot of support and understanding that is completely non judgemental and very inclusive. Welcome x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    jennie and bertie...welcome to this group... ask any questions .. we are a wealth of knowledge through the ivf journey of hard knocks...

erin.. how are those 4 eggs growing for you.. good luck for your day 3 report tomorrow.

emski... I hope that you are still in a daze with wine and sugar...

jodie... the follie could be one of 2 things.... you are not suppressed enough on the lucrin.... or it was a large follicle pre lucrin and is now resolving... its not big enough to affect your cycle.
    sometimes you can have a small follicle.. 5-6mm at the time of lucrin starting... when you start lucrin you get a FSH/LH flare a few days later... this can sometimes cause little follicles to grow a bit... (one of the reasons a lot of people use the pill is to stop the lone follicle being affected by the surge)... It will probably be much the same size on weds.. good luck...xxx one thing to be said about donor eggs is at least a lot of the worry about crappy cycles and poor egg quality are taken out of the mix...lets hope this is a sibling for you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first scan today, found just one follicle. Disappointed, but not shocked. Have another scan Wednesday morning to see if it has grown. Not sure whether to continue or not, a lot riding on just one, it may not even have an egg in it. But my lining is great! Anyone kept going with just one?
    Wishing lots of to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One REALLY sad chicken (cranky too!!!!)

How's this for a cracker!!!!! I am 15 dpt and haven't don't my bloods! I will tomorrow! Feel nothing and my POAS are all negs.

So, I decided to be proactive and call another clinic hoping for at least an appointment. They put me on hold, the receptionist spoke to the FS and came back and said all the best but the FS is not interested in seeing me as I am 45... and that I have needed a donor. She can shove it right up her whoop-di-doo. Great attitude for a Fertility Clinic.

Anyone that can PM me with any ideas...please!!!!!!

To everyone else....thinking of you and hoping your cycles are all progressing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ... oh I am so sorry sweetie... seeing that one line on the test is the saddest thing.... you sound like me last cycle... I hope that you get a chance for the blood test tomorrow just to confirm so you can at least plan a week of indulgence... I can say that a nice sav blanc and chistmas fruit mince tart is devine...
    I PM'd you... hugs and hugs