Closed Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    emski.....oh that is just terrible....everyones worst nightmare...
    I would be devastated and just full of angry frustration. I think a lot of comfort food and alcohol over the next few days is a good recipe for self medication.
    I hope that your FS is able to give an explaination other than the cop out of your old... it may be that the protocol did not suit you or the doses of meds too high.. I know that for me personally when I did an antagonist cycle I had my worst result ever and empty follicles... where on a long down reg I dont get that

just big hugs and hugs and hugs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Micca - in the quick chat that we had she indicated the down reg would be the way to go for future cycles. I'll be going in next week to have a talk with her about the best way forward. My first cycle was an antagonist and I ended up with 9 eggs, but it was about 16 days until EPU whereas this one was really quick with under a week of injecting. She took some bloods while I was under to see if they could find out more info.
    I have been seeing some alternative practitioners over the past couple of weeks - one of whom suggested I get tested for ureaplasma urealyticum which I'll do over the next couple of weeks if I can get my Dr to do it.
    I plan on having a few reds tomorrow and if I'm not too sore I'm going to a food festival as well, so will thoroughly enjoy that.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Emski....I'm so so sorry to hear your EPU news. What a terrible day for you. I don't even know what to say

I did have more luck at my EPU. We got 8 eggs, 5 of which are mature and have been ICSI'd. We should hear tomorrow about how many, if any, have fertilised. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad result for me given it's my first go.

I'm feeling pretty tired and sore. Hopefully it will subside tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Emski.....so sorry to hear your news. That would hit hard. Good to hear that in brief chat with FS she already has a plan for next time.

MrsErin....woohoo! That is a great result. Fingers crossed that lots fertilise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em... (((((((((((((((MILLIONS OF HUGS))))))))))))))))
    Been in a similar place. Cycle before last we got 1 viable egg from what looked like 8 follicles. Man I cried over that cycle.

You know what? Every cycle is different- don't give up OK? We tried a new protocol this cycle and got 6 day 5 blasties- so it can happen.

xxoxoxo
    Fort

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski hang in there. Many of us have been on your side of the curtain and found a way to get through and then some. If you need to vent or help in planning your next steps, the women on this thread are a wonderful source of support xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Em - I feel for your pain, totally sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks to you all for the support. I'm feeling ok about it (well as ok as you can I guess), and have chalked it up to just one of those things... pity it cost us so bloody much emotionally and literally though...

We are going to take a couple of months off to save up some more dosh and go again in Feb (my health insurance will kick in then too for pregnancy/ivf). We'll try naturally in that time and I really need to lose some weight so it will allow me to do that.

LeanneP
    was it you who said you got tested for Ureaplasma? Did you find it hard to get the test done? And did your GP or your FS do it? I need to get tested but have heard it can be hard to get anyone to actually run the test.

I love my DH, he just said from the kitchen, 'well that's it, all the blokes in Amsterdam (he works for a Dutch company) say if you want to get your lady pregnant you need to take zinc - so I'm going to get some zinc tablets!' and I said to him 'hello I bought you naturopath grade zinc a year ago and you wouldn't bloody take it!'. At least he's getting fed up enough to do something more than his multivitamin now though. I shouldn't be hard on him though - he doesn't drink or smoke ...

Erin how are you going lovely? I want to hear your progress! I'm not an overly sensitive flower so don't let me rain on your parade - in fact quite pragmatic so please keep me posted on how you're going in your cycle.

Fort - thanks for your support and your story - it gives me hope that there's some eggs left in this old girl yet.

Wanabe -thank you, oh the woman behind the curtain. I think it may have been her first go around and she didn't know any better, but I really felt like saying 'you know love, you really need to be more sensitive to those around you in this ward'. On my first EPU the woman next to me was bawling her head off after pick up and I was really careful not to say anything too loudly.

Beetle & Anxious- thank you for your kind words - the support in this thread really does make it easier. No one else really understands.

I'm too sore to do the food festival today so have given the tickets to my sister. I will however enjoy a nice bottle of pinot and some takeaway tonight.

I hope you're all having a great weekend.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski sorry I'm a bit slow off the mark, (((HUGS))) lets hope,you fall naturally in the meantime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski... glad you are dealing with this ok and have a plan... now go and enjoy the weekend and make sure you overindulge a little...

erin... thats a lovely number of eggs... how was your fertilisation report today??

fort... when will you do your FET??

DJ... keep hanging in there that 2ww is nearly over.