Closed Thread
Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny....An hour till your bloods....
    Mine will probably be Wednesday but I am feeling nothing. Thankfully you have a meeting to go to so that may help pass some time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny DJShears - good luck

Babydoctor - I am interested to know more....

Well I am just hanging...well sought of. We just put an offer on a house, and was accepted, which means life is going to be out of control until we move in, and probably after. Now my decision is whether I should wait for a round of IVF until next year??? Anyway, will see what the FS has to say Monday...every minute counts in my books.

BTW my hair has finally stopped falling out. I wonder, does that mean all the DHEA is out of my system, and should I get back on the DHEA tablet sucking ASAP?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just taken my first sip of red wine....so I guess you know what that means...BFN!!! HCG: <2, Est: 4000, Prog: 68

Im not angry about the BFN...what I am p*ssed off about, is that the embryos did not even attempt to implant!!! Unfortunately, at the moment (and unfairly on my behalf), I feel that I have been sold dud eggs....I got better graded embryos with my own eggs than the donor, but I know that chromosonally, mine would have been more compromised than that of the 35 year old donor.

At the moment, I dont even know that a follow up consultation with FS will reveal anything other than "you have a 47 year old uterus"!!! Does anyone know if my mid-luteal blood test (Est: 10,018 and Prog 54.4) and final blood test would suggest ANYTHING that went wrong? Maybe I need a final appt with FS for closure.

I really thought this was the one....I had ALL my sh*t in one basket....my head was in the right place after working with a counsellor and I felt that my body was in its best shape in 5 years, having recently lost 12 kilos....work was going well....overall, I was feeling happy and content.

So I have been weighing up my options:
    1. Dr Wazza said he would put me through a cycle if it didnt work out with the donor eggs.....will it be worth it, as my AMH is now 1?
    2. Would Leannep's FS get me over the line....he also sounds very very progressive...stem cell etc?
    3. International donor eggs/cycle.
    4. Reserve some embryos from donor eggs for surrogacy? Currently, altruistic surrogacy is still legal in Qld, however, the Newman government have been making noises to reverse the Bligh governments decision in making it legal.

What more do I have to do.....I really am a good person and I dont deserve this.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 12-11-2012 at 17:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny... that so sucks. .. enjoy that red wine and I suggest a christmas mince tart to go with it.... devine. I would say that your donors eggs were duds...at 35 aproximately 6-7/10 of her eggs would have been abnormal.. . your uterus looks fine... those mid luteal bloods were fabulous.
    if it was me I would be saving my money and looking at an overseas donor egg.. either africa or the USA... at least you will be getting good quality 20yr old eggs.. Id also line up a lipoidal flush and endometrial biopsy...check for NK cells. and do the protocol to the max... clexane, aspirin, prednisone.
    but take time out... binge on comfort food drink way too much wine and dont do anything until next year...
    I was so hopeful for you ..I feel crushed for your BFN... big hugs

7. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny... ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
    that news bites the big one.
    xoxoxo
    Fort

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny (((HUGS)))

Babydoctor, although I am at the end of my journey after this cycle I would still be interested to read your findings.

Emski good luck with your cycle.

Had bloods and scan today and am having another scan on Friday, my lining isn't quite ready but only because the scan was done too early. Looks like we will transfer, if the frostie thaws, next Friday. I am hoping that it doesn't work, I was close to being admitted to intensive care last time so I'm petrified going through it all again to be honest, but, I don't want to live with the 'what if' factor for the rest of my life. I know that sounds horrible, I don't meant to be, I'm just very scared.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, thank you so much for your welcome.

I am really sorry to hear of the unsuccessful attempts they are truly gut wrenching and I never get immune even as a FS.

My story is that after numerous IVF's at the ripe age of 41.5 years old and yes I was a nightmare patient, I went and researched the globe and went to every conference and Professor to gain the knowledge of how to get pregnant at an older eggies. I did through a similar free study fall pregnant and yet was told by my colleagues that I had minimal chance.

To this end I am passionate in conducting this study with a larger population and I am extremely disheartened with e my profession at times as they appear to either not be as supportive or at worst dismissive of patients in the 38+ plus age group. I am sorry for this passionate rant but I also hate unscrupulous people that provide false promise and hope to make money from the most vulnerable people.

I am having trouble pming but will post my email address where you can contact me shortly or PM me to find out more.

In brief, very preliminary results have been positive with a 47.1 years old lady just advising me today that she has conceived for the first time. This was using the protocol advised with lots of monitoring. I will now commence monitoring to help to prevent miscarriage which unfortunately is high.

Currently, I am also studying the possibility of injecting hormones direct into ovaries to revive them for one of better term (long day today).

Some further info for over 40's trying to conceive is generally not only is the egg quality the issue but actual cervical mucous changes and sometimes simple things like this are not addressed.

IVF is a wonderful and I am an advocate but there are times when this may not be the best option as mentioned this process is hard on the eggs. I can discuss this with you as part of the study if you are interested. Also, protocols are sometimes not suitable for the more mature of us.

As I hope you can tell I am not one one for raising hopes without proven solid evidence but I also believe we must try and test other avenues.

Babydust to everybody and I am happy to help.

Also, I am a believer of a combination of western and holistic approaches. The two sciences work very well together

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Babydoctor For This Useful Post:

2bmom  (22-11-2012),Kenta  (12-11-2012),Sunny15  (13-11-2012),wanabemum  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny.....I am so sorry to hear of your BFN. It is such a bummer. I have a horrible feeling you and I are having a similar week. It is horrid.
    I would do anything to make your night better.
    I feel like I am 2 footsteps behind you.
    Red wine, some chocolates, a good nights sleep and some time. XX

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babydoctor.... I would love to know more. I am almost positive my transfer has not taken but am blood testing in a couple of days. We only have 1 embie left. My donor was 34. I am 45.
    So far a 12w m/c, a blighted ovum and I am sure a BFN this week. I am peeved at my clinic. Not even a follow up phone call after transfer 8 days ago. No phone call after the original m/c, no phone call after the blighted ovum.
    Hands out for the thousands of dollars.....but no patient interest.
    We only have one frosty left and I just don't know what to do. I get recurrent UTI's. Almost permanently. No body has been able to help with that. I have been on Hiprex but am off that due to the transfer and just taking amoxyl. I went to a urologist about 6 years ago, he did a dilation but no improvement. I am over living with UTI's.I am also aware of the effect they may have on the whole conceiving process. The FS seemed to just brush over it and shove it under the carpet.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Sunny - sorry it didn't work!!!! Wine always helps! X

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (13-11-2012)