Closed Thread
Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls
    I have been a lurker all year and am finally registering as I feel I may give hope to someone out there (and thats what we live off - hope).
    I had DD by ICSI in 2010 at 39yr. I didn't realise at the time the severity tof he age issue as it seemed to me to be all DP issues why we were at IVF. Thinking I would just wean DD and then go again for a sibling was a rude shock to me when my FS said there was little chance of success. I sought a 2nd FS opinion at the same clinic asking about DHEA, HGH etc to be told 'I'm not his patient and if I was he wouldn't treat me' This appoint I had just had my 40th bday. My AMH was <1 with high FSH. This FS also said 'IVF is there to get you 1 baby and we've done that'. There has been insurmountable sorrow. DP and I split up. However he agreed with me to use his sperm to try for a sibling. I pursued acupuncture and many of the vitamins etc mentioned on this thread. I sought a different IVF clinic and FS who happily treated me, he thought there was 'still hope'. I had 3 full cycles, 1st a chemical, 2nd negative with 2 embryos implanted and positive on the 3rd cycle with 2 implanted. So I am now 29 wks pregnant with a singleton, and am 41.5yrs. The most eggs I ever got was 3 with no frosties. It is hard work being a single mum and another on the way but I am so so grateful to this FS for trying. Ive tried to be brief for an overview, but can look up details if anyone wants them, this FS put me straight on DHEA and I also used Saizen with 350-400 FSH and pregnyl shots. PS I was incorrectly given progesterone pessaries during the last cycle, and have kept them in case anyone wants them. 6 boxes of 15, 200mg prog, in my fridge. I hope I can give HOPE to some of you to persevere and keep trying even with few eggs.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Smile For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (11-11-2012),Sunny15  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2Smile - Thank you for sharing your story....your persistence and 'never say die' attitude is a credit to you and an inspiration to others. Congratulations and good luck with bub number 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2smile... great news that you had success... I too am a single mum using donor sperm from the usa.... I did 3 cycles at 41.7yrs to get me my lovely DD and mad as I am Im trying again at 44yrs... might just be throwing money away but I am about to do my last cycle and hope for the miracle.

sunny........thinking of you tomorrow... oh and at 17dpo I only got the faintest of lines on a preg test after about 10mins...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    sunny........thinking of you tomorrow... oh and at 17dpo I only got the faintest of lines on a preg test after about 10mins...
    Oh Micca, you so know how to say the right things....here I was thinking today at 16dpo, I should definately have 2 lines on a poas. Thanks for thinking of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Everyone,

wow this thread moves fast sometimes. I'm glad to see all the lurkers like me are coming out of the woodwork! Hello to you all.

Sunny - I'll have everything crossed for tomorrow.
    DJShears - oh the tww... I know what you mean about waiting to feel something. I drive myself batty (and will no doubt drive you all batty in the TWW). I had a giggle at the 33 babies thing - I just thought 'wow that must have been one loud and distracted party'.
    Micca I can relate to your carb comment - they are my weakness!

AFM - currently on day 3 of jabbing 350 of Puregon and feeling very bloated already - can't imagine what I'll be like on day 15 or so . Other than that going ok. First scan on Wed.
    Can I ask you girls do you take time off from work with IVF as sick days or annual leave? My old FS has never offered up a medical certificate after EPU and as I'd always used annual leave I didn't ask. But now I'm all out of annual leave - do you normally get a certificate after EPU?

thanks
    Em

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I am new to this website and I hope you do not mind me joining in. My background is I am a FS and had trouble conceiving myself.

Some FS are very negative towards age or a not used to working with protocols that suit our older eggies or push straight to IVF when sometimes for more mature patients there may be better alternatives as IVF is a harsh process although thank goodness for IVF for some cases.

I have made it my life long mission to assist in helping getting everyone pregnant and holding their baby in their arms. If you are interested there a couple of FREE treatment studies for women 38+ that so far have achieved excellent results even after many failed IVF's. If you are interested please let me know otherwise I am here to support and share my fertility journey.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Babydoctor For This Useful Post:

emski72  (11-11-2012),Kenta  (12-11-2012),Nina71  (04-02-2013),Sunny15  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Babydoctor,

I'd be interested in the studies. Welcome to the thread.

thanks
    Emma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Babydoctor - it couldnt hurt to know what the studies are....I would like some information.

Thanks and welcome to our thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Babydoctor, would love to hear your personal journey as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny- hope life gives you best news tomorrow. xoxox

Welcome all the new faces.

Bit 'in my cave' at the moment- please forgive me.

Fort.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-11-2012)