Closed Thread
Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say hi to all again. Sorry so many of you are having a tough journey but amazed at how you can all be so resilient and inspiring as somedays I'm exhausted by all this ivf journey. I am still confused as ever as Xmas is approaching realizing that a year has gone by and we are no closer to getting a positive.

Went on a big spending spree at the compounding pharmacist to get DHEA and melatonin and have decided to throw everything in cycle in January if our FET does not work at the end of this month. Also went and got a lot of vitamins and herbs from the health food store for me and DH. Feel like I'm overdosing on it or going overboard now.
    Last edited by Kenta; 08-11-2012 at 23:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort everyone gets down once in a while and they aren't even going through this journey. Sook away I say, eat some choccie and ice cream do whatever to make yourself feel better.

DJ what a horrible day, I couldn't imagine, poor foal, poor mother of foal. On a brighter note perhaps sitting next to an IVF baby was a sign. Can't wait to find out.

Micca let's hope the me pour is the key ingredient

Zannah I agree with everyone else, if they are just in it for the $$ and so many of them are, change I did, one FS I saw wouldn't release my bloods so I could have Sharkeys (fertility TCM and naturopath) have a look at them, they didn't want me to take anything other than what they gave me, alternative medicine didn't work according to them, I left them quickly.

sunny here is my thread, I looked at all the options, Europe, USA, India and Thailand (you need your own donor for India and Thailand they don't have Caucasian donors) and SA is the cheapest by far, anonymous donations, Caucasian donors by the thousands and I wouldn't go anywhere other than CFC in Cape Town, 70% success rate, it's cheap to stay, eat and play there too. Depending on exchange rate you are looking between 5000 to 7000 all up for the whole donation process, plus holiday costs which can be as expensive or cheap as you like. It's a beautiful city and worth visiting just for a holiday. Drop into the thread and have a read, most of your questions will be answered.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Africa/page43

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hi everyone,

A first time poster here. Have been reading this forum to gain some support from people going through similar issues as myself. After my 3rd failed cycle in a row am reaching out for some thoughts on what others might do in my situation.

A bit about me, I have a beautiful 15 month old DD conceived from IVF when I was 39 (conceived on first cycle - very lucky). Now wanting a sibling for DD. At age 41 have now had 3 failed cycles. First cancelled as only 1 follicle produced. Second ended in a 5 day transfer after 8 eggs collected and 5 fertilised - no frosties. Third cycle ended today, was due for egg collection today, they were concerned I had ovulated so I had an US before admission. Sure enough I had ovulated and cycle cancelled. I did only have 2 follicles this cycle but as I had gone through an aggressive cycle using growth hormones etc. I wanted to proceed with 2 follicles (with DD I only had 3 eggs 2 of which fertilised 1 transferred day 3 and no frosty).

My current dilemma, I had said to myself if this didn't work by December I was done and would focus on DD. but having a cycle cancelled due to early ovulation has thrown me. I see my FS in Dec to discuss what happened. I can feel myself saying 'give it one more go', just unsure if I should be thankful what I have and move on. I turn 42 in December.

Has anyone here had a cycle cancelled due to early ovulation? If so what did your FS say about what it meant as to your fertility.

Cheers, Beetlegeuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girlies,

Read my previous post (der!! There were 3 babies at the local we went to for dinner, not 33!!)

Sunny, I am so thinking of you. I truly hope Sunday works out for you. It it tough. I thought yesterday I may have been a little nauseated but today I'm not, so now I question if I felt anything at all yesterday. Also, why international donor sites? I have looked at them myself before and contacted one but never went any further. Are they easier, quicker, more readily available, more financially less painful? We have one donor egg left. I know finances are a major....jeez, it costs a fortune. Anyway, so thinking of you for Sunday.

AFM...I have no patience! I did a test yesterday and today and both neg but I knew they would be as I am only 5dpt. The clock ticks so bloody slowly for somethings but not for others.

Wish I could join you all in Canberra. If anyone is up my way in the Hunter Valley area...let me know!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beetle...Welcome, I haven't had a cycle cancelled like you but DP and I had an egg donor. First attempt pos preg but 12w mc, then blighted ovum next cycle, this cycle I had a transfer 5 days ago. I am 45, and my DP is 47. I would feel great if I was only 41.
    You will no in yourself when you are truly ready to give up. There are woman on here with all sorts of experience and we all have a different story but we are all trying for the ultimate! My daughter is 8 but she is to my ex. My DP has twin 13 year old girls to his ex. They split when the girls were 2 years old. Together, it is disastrous as we just don't quite get there. Have you spoken to your FS about options and alternative treatments? What does your hubby want? So much to think about. D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DJ - International?....donor eggs are a lot more readily available, it takes too long for donor eggs here in Australia. I also think that some countries/clinics seem to be more progressive or cutting edge with their protocols. Also, it appears to be cheaper in some countries.....it was pretty expensive at my clinic: $7500 for only 4 eggs (all fertilised but 1 embryo didnt make it)....plus a minumum of $3000 per FET and that is not including all the medications and doctors appointments (I had 2 FETs).

Beetle - Congratulations on having DD on 1st attempt...what a start, but you have had a bit of a rough time since....sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I am unable to advise, as I have never had a cancelled cycle due to ovulation. Im curious though....how closely did your clinic monitor you through this cycle? I would have thought bloods would detect an impending ovulation?

Jodi - thanks for your info....I have a confession to make....I read your thread quite some time ago and thought your posts were very thorough on your SA experience. If this cycle doesnt work, I intend to read every page again! We have had 2 ladies on this thread, including yourself, that have had success in SA. Wannabb gave birth to twins a couple of months ago.

Kenta - How good does it feel to know that you are doing something so healthy for your body...although you probably rattle when you walk with all the pills!!!

AFM
    Rang my clinic today, as I need another script and my FS is over from Perth. He said my Mid-Luteal blood results were "very encouraging"..."very encouraging indeed". Was happy with that and gave me a spring in my step.

BUT

TMI alert....went to the loo this afternoon and looked down as you do....slight discolouration....continuation of implantation or AF on her way???? Hope says implantation, self preservation says the later.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 09-11-2012 at 18:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny....I hear you. We have had that too re $$. First cycle and IUI over $2000. Egg Retrieval for our donor $7500 plus $1600 for her hospital fee plus her ultrasounds, meds, airfares for her and her DH. Meals and outing for the week they stayed with us. $3000 plus for each FET (done 2), $2500 for cervical dilation for me. From our donor we got 8 eggs, 5 fertilised, used one fresh, froze 3, one didn't make it. So, we are down to 1 stored.
    I got an email through from a clinic I wrote to ages ago to say egg donor "agency fees" are 50% off for a Christmas special!!!! Now only $2500.
    I wish there was more government assistance for women with fertility issues. It costs so much.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny .... it does sound promising... the discolouration is most likely implantation as you wont get your period until you stop the progesterone and oestrogen... think of it like being on a super strength oral contraceptive pill... so my fingers are crossed.... cant wait to see what the results show tomorrow for you... oh I am so nervous its like my own 2ww..xxx

DJ.... lets hope there is a rainbow at the end of your 2ww as well... the costs of doing a cycle in aus are certainly expensive and it makes places like europe and south africa look very good in value for money. Gosh you went well with all the babies... I remember just before I started TTC I went to breakie with my neices and a friends kids and grandparents... all they talked was children and basically ignored me as the single childless person... I actually had to get up and leave early as it was way too distressing for me... just hammered home that there was a chance that I may never have children... IVF was not even a twinkle in my eye at this point.

beetle... gosh that sucks having a cycle cancelled... I did have a FET cancelled for premature luteinisation... where one of the folicles breaks down and releases progesterone. If you ovulated early it is more indicative of the fact that you were not suppressed enough.... if it was an antagonist cycle then I would definately give another cycle a go but with a long down reg cycle... it is better at suppressing you more evenly and go onto the pill prior if you can... you need to start a long down reg on day 21 of your cycle... so you need to start before nov 20th to make it before christmas... I am a few days to spare before they close for christmas,..and if I stim long then I may only have the option of a 3 day transfer.

Kenta...woohoo on a drug spending spree...lol... my only advice is that when you get your period I would stop the DHEA and melatonin... as these can sometimes interfere with the process... Id put DH on menevit and L-arginine as well (if he gets coldsores it can aggrevate them and he may need lysciene to compensate)

well my carb eating spree continues...I think it has been 2 weeks now...oh I so need to stop eating bread... today is the last day..I promised myself as I ate the last bagel.... I was good while I was working but just fall off the wagon on days off. Ive put on about 4kg...sigh....
    Im back on the vitamins and DHEA... but only taking 25mg...
    Someone asked what menopur was... its a new (old) fertility drug that has been extensively used in the USA for poor responders...its FSH + LH (so like gonalF adn luveris) it has just come on the IVF free list this month... so I am going to give it a go as my LH is in the 0 range when I cycle...which in itself is responsible for poor quality eggs.. so Im hoping that this does the trick....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

DJ.....am doing this journey solo using donor sperm, no DP to mull things over with. See FS in early December. Have decided to write a letter to FS outlining issues I want to discuss - the appointments tend to go quickly and I want to make sure I get all the information I can to help me make decisions.

Sunny.....I am annoyed at how last cycle went (especially as I spent $2k on drugs that were meant to prove egg quality). At first scan on a Friday I had 5 follicles, a good number for me, follow up on Monday only 2 follicles, never had decrease in follicles like that before, I was expecting to be told to trigger Mon night as the follicles size were at the stage where I normally do. Nurse couldn't get hold of FS on Monday then Tuesday was a public holiday in Melb so I was brought back Wedenesday. Told on Wed that bloods showed close to ovulating so to take trigger Wed night book in for collection Fri but have US before admitted. Then on Fri US shows have ovulated. So I had a fair bit of monitoring but think the public holiday on Tue may have interfered. Am leaning to having one more go.

Micca.....am going to take a break over Xmas. Will look at doing 'final' cycle in January. Thanks for your advice on different protocol, will definitely ask FS about this. Not sure if this is related, but previous cycle that made it to transfer AF arrived 2 weeks after trigger and despite fact I was using pessaries, not sure if this shows my body does not respond to the drugs - one of my questions for FS!

Gave a great weekend everyone.
    Cheers Beetle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beetle - Its a great idea to gather as much info and questions as possible and hit FS up...with knowledge comes power!!

DJ - Assisted conception is certainly big business! I dont know my donor, but I do know that she yielded 12 eggs, which myself and 2 other women benefitted with 4 eggs each (info revealed through the compulsory counselling session prior to receiving donor eggs). My clinic certainly made a nice little profit....not sure exactly how much it cost my clinic to put the donor through a stim cycle, but all us 3 ladies paid $7500 each just for the eggs. I would like to find a donor clinic that whatever I pay for the donors stim cycle, that I will receive ALL the eggs.

Micca - Thanks for the Menopur info....I have a little 'glossary' sheet that I keep adding to....I guess it helps me understand all the different drugs and protocols....all part of the learning process I guess!! I have joined you on the eating spree....I just came back from my local IGA with a bottle of coke, turkish delight and rice crackers...real healthy, NOT!!!