Closed Thread
Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Micca – How are you going? Feeling good? When is your BT date?

Fort – Did you POAS? Will you?

Net – Glad you are feeling better…the tough times take their toll, so spoil yourself once in a while.

MrsErinR – Welcome. Your FS will be taking a fairly conservative approach for your first IVF cycle (hopefully your last! ) , as the first IVF cycles are generally known as ‘test’ cycles, as FS will not know how you will react to the medications until you start taking them and may increase or decrease dosages as your cycle progresses. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Emski72 –Welcome. It sounds like you have good direction with your new FS. In relation to your question regarding aspirin dosage, I take Cardiprin 1 x 100mg per day.

Wana andTens – How you going?

Leannep – How are you…you must be very close to the scan date?

AFM
    Well my confidence levels of this cycle working took a huge dive yesterday afternoon....I was on such a high and so confident going into ET on Friday morning and also for the rest of the day. I took it easy and rested up on Friday arvo and night. BUT…yesterday, DP and I took a day trip from Cairns to Townsville to pick up some camping gear….I didn’t do anything strenuous, but the car journey got me thinking, which progressed into obsessed worrying, which progressed into irrational beliefs …..had I just undone all the good work and my poor embies were shaken to oblivion!!! OMG…the 2WW can be insanity for the usually sane IVFer!!....just you wait and see MrsErin!!! It wasn’t until I thought of Micca and her DD starting her implantation during a 400 klm road trip back home after ET….gosh, I hope I got that story right Micca…if not, don’t tell me cause it got me through the night!!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 28-10-2012 at 17:30.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again for all the great suggestions I'm getting here and the sharing.

Sunny - My Vit D levels are good and I have the same titre of ANA as you as well. I've done a cycle with another FS but didn't work with a different cycle so trying this natural FET. I'm petrified it won't survive the defrost as we don't have a backup at all and will have to do another cycle. I agree about changing the cycle or adding something in but seems like a lot of FS like doing things they are used to doing and think at my age you have to just keep doing it until you get an embryo that works. I'll have to decide about the prednisone as I have a bottle still from last cycle. Yes it's also getting expensive all these cycles and vitamins and accupuncture.

Mrs Erin R - how big are your fibroids? I have a lot and as long as they are not impacting the endometrium I think the FS don't seem to be concerned about them. If I have a laparoscopy if this FET doesn't work I think my FS is going to take some out at the same time as a check around. We also have severe MFI as DH only has 1% normal. Good luck with your first IVF cycle. FS keeps a very close eye on you if they think you're at risk of OHSS so I don't think it'll be a problem as I think it's also less of a risk with older eggs but don't quote me as I have never developed this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcomes

Thanks for the comments on OHSS. It makes me feel better.

Kenta, I have 9 fibroids currently and the largest is 9cm in length (it's not round...more oblong). None of the fibroids are giving me any problems physically now and none are in places that affect the uterine cavity. My FS said that he'd only look to do something about them if I was having miscarriages as plenty of women have successful pregnancies with Fibroids.

I had a 13cm one removed by surgery in 2004. That was a biggie! I'm not keen to have surgery again but if need be, I guess I will.

What is your fibroid situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny........... hang in there... dont pysch yourself out chickee...
    and yep with DD after transfer I did everything wrong... I drove 560km home, unloaded the car (we are talking an ikea tv entertainment unit, tallboy and shelves all by myself....lol.. oh and I think I ate runny eggs as well...lol...
    then for my last cycle (bfp chemical) I actually went to the beach afterwards, lifted DD and flew home the next day.. drove 350km... and unloaded the car of a 29kg suitcase..lol..this time I did much the same... flew home the next day and lifted +++ just goes to show...what ever happens will happen.

MrsErin.. welcome to the thread... I would not worry too much about OHSS it is quite rare and FS monitor it closely.. I had it mildly with 2 of my cycles... my estrogen got to 20,000.. and it settled quite quickly. When you sort out your protocol I would ask for everything approach.. prednisone, aspirin etc... to maxamise your chances first up... you really dont want to be on this rollercoaster longer than you have too...

well 10dpo... symptoms that could be anything or everything....
    might test 13dpo so I can at least stop the horrible progesterone, crinone suppositories and have a nice runny egg/bacon sandwich..mmmmm

thinking of you FORT... will you test tomorrow???
    Last edited by micca; 28-10-2012 at 20:06.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After much discussion I have decided not to POAS.
    I just want a definative yes or no.

What sort of symptoms you got Micca?

Fort
    xxoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes

Thanks for the comments on OHSS. It makes me feel better.

Kenta, I have 9 fibroids currently and the largest is 9cm in length (it's not round...more oblong). None of the fibroids are giving me any problems physically now and none are in places that affect the uterine cavity. My FS said that he'd only look to do something about them if I was having miscarriages as plenty of women have successful pregnancies with Fibroids.

I had a 13cm one removed by surgery in 2004. That was a biggie! I'm not keen to have surgery again but if need be, I guess I will.

What is your fibroid situation?
    Same had surgery in 2004 for lots of fibroid including one that had twisted because was at least 10cm. Now have many but only one may be slightly pushing into cavity but should still be ok according to FS. Also if have surgery it can delay IVF for 3-6mths so I'm not keen either.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    After much discussion I have decided not to POAS.
    I just want a definative yes or no.

What sort of symptoms you got Micca?

Fort
    xxoxoxoxo
    U can do it! We have never POAS. It can be done, u have the strength lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Sunny, Micca and Fortitude - thinking of you!!!!! I am really really really really hoping and hanging out with my fingers, legs etc crossed for the 3 of you. xxx

Hello Fingers - great to see you back.

Hello to everyone else.

just popped in to say hello. Work has been crazy. I have lost 4kgs now!! I have my test for killer cells in about a week. Woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, sorry haven't been around for a while I hope you are all going well. I see there is a BFP and a possible, yay

I've just skimmed through so sorry if I've missed something. Boy, this thread moves quickly its so hard to keep up.

ive now officially started my cycle for the frostie. I'm currently on Lucrin waiting for day 1. We are doing this cycle South African style or the antiquidated style as my FS refers to it, where my hormones are shut off and a cycle created by drugs, It worked with my last cycle so hopefully it will work with this one, I have hormone issues anyway which could have been my problem all along who knows.

good luck to those about to cycle, do I have any cycle buddies? fingers crossed for those who are on their 2ww and congratulations to those who have succeeded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

I have been missing in action lately but am back and cycling.
    Welcome Mrs erinR and Kenta hope your IVF journey is not a long one.
    Fort Sunny and Micca not long to go fingers crossed for positive blood tests all round.

AFM - I am on day 15 of my cycle and just had my 3rd scan which had me in tears. There are 6 follicles but they haven't grown much. It was expected that I would have my EC on Thursday but now I'm going back for another scan on Thursday with possible EC Saturday or Monday. The follicles measure 14, 13, 12 12, 11 and 9. Saturday will be day 19 and Monday day 21. I have never had a cycle take that long and am starting to get worried. Has anyone else experienced a long cycle?

Take Care everyone this whole IVF process can really take it's toll

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ROXIEJ For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (30-10-2012)