Closed Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I missed the word dhea sorry. I meant to say also I had no follicles at my scan today either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Soclose

welcome back!! Thanks for sharing. It is a whole new game when you get to our age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #5

Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Hi ladies I was part of this thread a couple of years ago and am hoping I can rejoin you all again. I had to stop ivf due to a family illness but we have been back on the roller coaster this year. I remember micca from back then

Sorry if my post has errors I am trying to do this on my phone so I will make it quick today lol.

I turn 43 this week and keep having cancelled cycles. We have had four cancelled the latest one today due to no response to stims. My fs wants us to take the donor egg route but we cannot find a donor plus we are in two minds about it as well.

I am on 75 mg which has done nothing but make my hair fall out! I am on lots of itamins lotions and potions plus acupuncture but nothing is working

My fsh was up to 75 in April eeks! This cycle it came down to 15 so maybe the dhea is doing something??? I don't know.

Apologies for the mixed up short post. I will post more when I get to my computer. Last cycle in July we got 2 eggs but no fertilisation. That's the furtherest we've gotten in years!!

I look forward to getting to know you all again

Congrats micca I see you have a little dd xx
    With the FSH, which one is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I haven't posted on bubhub for a long time, but have been reading your posts and have been following your journeys. A little background on me. I'm 43 and we have done 9 Ivf cycles. We had done 8 cycles by 2010 and our life was being consumed by the ivf roller coaster. So we decided to step away from it for a while and a accept that maybe we weren't meant to have a baby. No matter how much I tried to convince myself that I was ok with this the yearning to be a mother was just too strong. So we decided to make some changes to our lives. I gave up my stressful job and we sold up and made the sea change. We both started acupuncture and earlier this year I had severe endo removed. We did another cycle in June using Elonva and only got 2 eggs only 1 fertilized and we had a BFN. I am looking at starting another cycle in October using Saizen. I am still doing acupuncture and am taking royal jelly. Is there anything else that anyone can suggest as this maybe my last cycle.(dh is keen to keep going)
    sorry for the me post, hoping to join you all and wishing you the very best on your journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Wannabe- I had one at 13 in my first cycle and it had a mature egg- so your 12.9 one should be right in a few days. By then it would likely be more like 15. The 11.9 might be 13.9 by then... so yet maybe 3 eggs. I will keep my fingers crossed for you honey. xoxox

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    With the FSH, which one is it?
    Sorry what do you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers - how are things going? When are your DP's next tests? Hope all if good.

Fortitude - thank you so much!!!! After reading that you had a mature egg that was 13mm I have hope. Will let you know how I go.

Roxiej Welcome! In answer to your question there are a lot of things that are suggested around diet and supplements. Just go back through our previous thread and in particular the things written by Micca. Basically: no caffeine, low fat healthy diet, wheat germ etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wanabemum thanks for the welcome back!

Hello Roxie, you sound a bit like me with your journey with severe endo etc, same age and I am also thinking I am nearing the end of this journey. DP wants to keep going also.

The most eggs I have ever had is two so having no frosties makes it even harder physically, emotionally and financially!

I will try and keep up with where everyone is with their cycles. I would love to see some BFP's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wannabe thanks for the welcome, fx that your follies keeping growing and you get at least 3 at pu.
    Soclose - our journeys are sounding very similar. My post meant to say dh is not keen to continue. We too have not had any frosties and the emotional and financially burden is becoming too much for him. He tells me as long as we are together he is ok with no children but I know he just says this because he hates seeing me go through the turmoil of the failed cycles.

Hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

I know what you mean Roxie. My dp wants to keep going, we both do but we haven't got a lot left financially and emotionally to throw at this. It's a hard long journey!