Closed Thread
Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh micca you really are a book of knowledge you have put my mind at ease thank you soo much from the bottom of my heart my fs has such a reduced rate for me and bulk bills my visits and u/s this week his motto is " no couple should be denied access to fertility treatment for financial reasons." when I started with him he put me on a financial hardship list therefore my oop never goes over $1000 and I pay it off so im sure he missed the box to cross on the script. I hope your right micca.

thats still a good result for you micca considering u have felt its been a crappy cycle id still go ahead with the cycle you just never no i suppose all you need is one stubborn little embie.

fort you sound like you hit the jackpot lead the way girl.....

net- your not kidding that was such a shock I was thinking maybe being a lttle town $200 or so but no where near $1400.....

wanabemum- thanks for the support where are you up to in your cycle?

sunny- dont forget to relax its called a weekend you know its ment for resting

cheers to everyone else

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tens2many For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (20-10-2012),micca  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    day 3 report.... staying alive... staying alive... a a a a staying alive.....

well my underachievers are still alive....

a 4 cell and a 5 cell... average grade.

well this is much the same result as last cycle... and most likely that these slow pokes are chromosomally abnormal... hence their slow growth. So it looks like they will go back in tomorrow if everything is ok with the laparoscopy. I must say I feel terrible today... multiple factors... sleep deprivation, antibiotics etc...
    All I hope is that they dont result in a chemical which would really throw out my cycle for dec... which I really need to do as I have passed the safety net and we all know how much of a difference that makes. and of course I just want to get it over with and move on with my life... either pregnant or just with DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca gosh that sounds like a difficult place that your in at the moment. The old waiting game. We all know how it is..... UNFORTUNATELY!!!!! Hang in there. xxx

Im going to go on a long down reg cycle in December so no safety net for me as the business end of things will be in Jan. Oh well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

micca  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Micca. Sadly I know that place... where you feel like crawling into a cave for a bit. IVF is so unpredictable. Hope they perk up for you. Don't they know how wanted they are? xoxoxo

AFM: Day started with AWESOME news- of the last 3 'almost blasties' from yesterday, 2 went crazy overnight and are now blasty frosties!!!!! The other one stopped. Best result ever- 6 blasties from 8 eggs. Literally pinch me girls, I can't believe my good run this cycle. After last cycle (with 1 viable egg) I almost gave up too. Thank god I didn't. One of yesterday's blasties was hatching by the time they came to freeze it. Made me wonder how the slowest blasty I put in is going.... in my mind's eye I wondered if it was going nuts and hatching too..like the other one they put in! Twins would probably freak me out- and now I know how strong they have been I am quietly packing myself. Maybe I was an idiot attempting 2?

xoxoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey micca could be a naughty set of twins in the dish....they need to get into their mumma. My biggest fear has always been to have zero to transfer guess I hang on to any hope I can. Goodluck if it is tomoz its dh and my anniversary of when we 1st become best friends.

Fortitude - ive often been in that situation 1 or 2 and its such a dilemma and ive always gone with one because of my increased risk of stillbirth but this time we are defrosting all 4 going to blasty and fs reckons we will get at least two odds wise as this will be our our last cycle we are going 2 if we get 2 and refreeze any leftovers if any - not sure if we will go next year or not...
    we are not 100% about twins either but figure we can handle whatever we shall be given. remind me this when im complaining about my twins

wanabemum- bummer about the safety net I have always reckoned if we have to do ivf or any reproductive assistance should be free and paid for from the government ive worked for nearly 30 years so ive paid my share of tax... there is more than enough dole bludgers getting free medical ..... why not people who work and need assistance to help build our population and who no doubt will raise an honest child who will no doubt work and pay tax...thats my take on the world anyhoot...if I ran this country all ivf would be FREE!!!!

cheers to everyone else

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tens2many For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (21-10-2012),micca  (21-10-2012),wanabemum  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanabe.... if you have made the safety net now then if your cycle starts before the end of the year it is included in the net... ie if you start stimming prior to dec 31 and pay for it.
    it will be great to have you as a buddy for december...."all I want for christmas"

tens... thanks for the crossed fingers... tens..love your rant... I so totally agree...especially with my job where I tend to see all the wrong people breeding... so frustrating especially when they get pregnant while they feed their alchohol, pot and ciggie habits...

fortitude... that is just an amazing result... that pregnyl really made the difference.. I have decided to add some extra oomph in to my next cycle as well with luveris from day 2... the only thing is the cost... so thinking about maybe using pregnyl instead.. my FS said he would use 100units a day... what was the dose you were on...
    all I can say is congrats on such a great result and lets hope that this is your time...xxxx you give me some hope as I know my problem is low LH... and the pregnyl fixes that

super tired today.. sleep deprived and a busy day as well as feeling a little lousy... all ready for the laparoscopy tomorrow... well not ready... got to do the paperwork.. but at least its not a 5am start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Micca the pregnyl dose was TINY but every second day for the stim phase. 0.3ml- apparently if the dose is too high it can cause ovulation.
    I must admit this cycle has given me reason to hope again.

Wishing you hope again too.
    xoxoxo
    Fortitude

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

micca  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabe, definitely they take the safety net from when Day 1 is. A dubious benefit but my clinic charge enough for an IVF cycle, that you always hit the safety net with the first cycle of the year anyway.

Tens, good luck on getting twins!

Fort, good luck with the 2WW madness!

AFM, still just waiting and hoping some donor embryos come along soon~!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude - sorry I know I have asked you this before but what exactly is your protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Hey Micca the pregnyl dose was TINY but every second day for the stim phase. 0.3ml- apparently if the dose is too high it can cause ovulation.
    I must admit this cycle has given me reason to hope again.

Wishing you hope again too.
    xoxoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - thinking of you with your laparoscopy today. Hope it all goes well and that they give you lots of laughing gas (I wish...). Hope they find the infection source and deal with it. Hope those embies keep rocking.

Thanks everyone for letting me know about the safety net - every bit counts! I am currently trying to lose weight. I have only lost 3kgs but it has made a huge difference to the way I feel and it makes me feel a lot more positive. That and taking all my vitamins, green smoothie, acupuncture during my mens and ovulation times, and general exercise. Woohoo! Im on a mission!

Let us know how you go xx
    Last edited by wanabemum; 22-10-2012 at 13:40.