Closed Thread
Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    Well after the BFP then the disappointing 6.5 week scan, 3 weeks later the mc arrived. DP still going through that but coping (so proud of her) 4 frosties left so will be continuing with them.

Btw, am loving that the mobile app is back lol
    so sorry to hear... that is just such sad news... I hope that you are able to view this with hope and the FET will have the baby meant for you...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Hoping that too. If not, I'm doing bloods and a scan to see if I can get my stoopids periods working properly so hopefully DP can use my eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Just wanted to check its 3mg of Melatonin that I need to be taking? I just got off the phone to Potential New FS who said that he could book me in for a natural killer biopsy.
    Last edited by wanabemum; 19-10-2012 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Hi all. Just wanted to check its 3mg of Melatonin that I need to be taking? I just got off the phone to Potential New FS who said that he could book me in for a natural killer biopsy.
    yep it is 3mg... which you can get overseas... here the script is for 2mg..which should be ok

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca how did you get your hair cut? After such a long growth stint it must have felt great. I am here still waiting with you and hoping you get great results. x
    Lilbirdy - wonderful to hear from you and glad that you mentioned your little one. So wonderful to have news that you are both doing well. Keep in touch. Drop by anytime. Its nice to know you are still occassionally checking on us. x
    Fingers - great to have you back. I agree that those apps are great.
    Fortitude - Those great results keep coming.. congrats! So happy things are going so well!!!
    Sunny - hope you are travelling well. I have my fingers, legs and arms crossed for you. xxx

thanks for the info Micca - I ran out and forgot the dose of melatonin.

I am going to have my killer cell endometrial biopsy on 9 November - the FS said this will increase fertility - I assume it is similar to the lipoidal flush in increasing blood flow, or do I need to ask for this as well?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    fert results... sort of what I expected with such a crappy cycle
    7 eggs 5 mature 2 normal fertizations... so 2 embies...
    not really holding my breath on this...especially since they are 44yr old eggs and not a good stim cycle.

when FS (stand in one) did the retrieval he ? encountered pus... eek.. he was really vague and blaise about it... not impressed on that count. but interesting I have been wondering about an abcess somewhere as I have had a low grade temp for a few months and this recurring endometritis... so maybe an infection in the fallopian tubes... I do feel better for a while on antibiotics and then feel bad again. If this is the case I really want to get it sorted while I am in brisbane..ie it will need a laparscopy and of course not waste the embryos... as if pus is present then embryos dont implant... so Im thinking forwards to my next cycle now.... really abandoned this one...its been wrong since the start... the more I type the more I think I will push warren to do a laparoscopy monday... over all of this and I am sure it is having an impact on my cycle. so seeing the FS at 3pm today...

oh and hair cut in a few hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I looked at the option of postponing the pickup by freezing the embies and I have been told that there are conflicting opinions. Some FS's believe that this wouldnt do them any harm as freezing methods are so good now and in fact it may increase the chances of implantation as all those hormones have settled. I have also heard though from other FS's that fresh is best, particularly for us over 40ers.

A lot of women can have what appears to be puss down there. It could be a few different things - perhaps it is nothing to worry about. It must have been soooo frustrating though having your FS treat it in a blasé fashion! That would drive me nuts! Its definitely something he/she should have investigated. Ok thats my 2 cents worth xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

micca  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca- 2 is better than 0, so I hope those 2 are fighters. But it certainly sounds like there is something wrong with pus found.

Fingers crossed- how sad, sorry to hear that. Good luck with the frosties.

wannabe- what's new?

Sunny how are things?

Lilbirdy- give that Mr cuteness a big cuddle for me.

AFM: DET tomorrow morning. Progesterone 185.9 as of today.
    Lucky run so far, praying the luck continues.

xoxoxo
    Fort

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca how did you go with your FS appointment? Thinking of you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    fort... good luck for your transfer...it all looks very promising for you.

just back from the FS...the wonderful Warren... (not his stand in) he spent 45mins with me...love him.... he did some swabs and an uss... did not see any hydrosalpnix which is a good sign... but we discussed my low grade temp for the last 8 weeks and the fact I have had 2 bouts of endometritis and ? there is a chronic abcess maybe in the tubes.

dw options... have decided to do a laparoscopy on monday to see what is going on looking for an abcess.... if clear then will do transfer at the same time (if embies survive) if there is infection there then we will freeze embies if ok.

DW next cycle and nutted it out protocol.. FS gave me the stats..chances of success at 44 with own eggs 0% at clinic... sobering but I knew that and really I need the last cycle for closure before I use the 3 frozen eggs.. which are a different donor to DD.

So thats where I stand... all will be revealed monday... then I fly back tuesday.. work thinks Im having a lovely holiday .... pity they dont know about all the medical proceedures and 2 anaesthetics...although my boss does... and he is lovely.
    Last edited by micca; 19-10-2012 at 19:53.