Closed Thread
Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort, congrats again, remarkable results.
    Micca, enjoy the sun induced Vit D. It will probably give you a nice emotional lift as well.
    sunny, good luck for your scan!
    Wannabe, that is incredibly insensitive. The news hurts however you get it but in my book having the personal touch and some thought makes all the difference. I'm sorry that happened to you.

The only pregnant person i can bear to be around at the moment, is one of ladies from my ravelry group, who personally texted me to let me know as she didn't want me to get "surprised" into a bad reaction in public and hoped I wouldn't stop going to the group because she was pregnant. It made such a difference to me to have her be so thoughtful. I must be hormonal, now I'm getting misty! Anyway, Ravelry group is tonight and I've decided once a fortnight it can be my treat night where I eat a non calorie-controlled dinner.
    Last edited by Net3811; 16-10-2012 at 17:54.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    enjoy your dinner and fun tonight net..... its good for the soul...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I joined this thread last month but was between cycles so have just been reading your posts and keeping up with what you have all been up to.

Micca - you have been a wealth of knowledge and I'm sorry this cycle has been such a roller coaster ride for you. Good Luck for Thursday and enjoy the beach.
    Fortitude - wow fantastic results 8 embryos! Love your little sayings and that poem was so inspirational - hope you don't mind I'm going to use it.
    Sunny - good luck with your scan on Wednesday as you know anything is possible with IVF so fx for a great lining.
    Wana - I too only had 1 embie in my last cycle and wanted to cancel the cycle my FS didn't give me the option and I regret not pushing for it. I think we listen to them because they are supposed to be the experts but I agree next time I won't be influenced so easily.

AFM - well I met with my nurse yesterday and picked up my drugs I also picked up my Saizen. AF decided to come and pay me a visit overnight - a few days early. I start the Saizen tonight and this morning as I packed it to take with me (I'm going out after work and injecting at a friends place) I realised I would need syringes and needles to administer it ( I was given neither by my nurse or the pharmacy). I called my nurse this morning before work and she was oh! Okay! come in today and I will give you some. I live 1 hr away from the clinic and was already running late for work. She then said she would post them out and I could start it tomorrow night. She reassured me that there was no issues with starting it a day late.
    I'm not sure if she just said this to cover herself or if it really is ok to start 1 day late. Anyway I got myself some needles/syringes from the local chemist because I don't want to take any chances. I will be injecting later tonight so hopefully all goes well it looks a little complicated.

Sorry for the long me post.
    Roxie

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROXIEJ For This Useful Post:

micca  (16-10-2012),wanabemum  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roxie welcome - dont be sorry for a long post. Im much worse than you! Lovely to hear from you. Im so glad there is someone out there who shares my frustration. I admire your ingenuity and strength to take things into your own hands in going to the chemist for the syringes and needles.
    Micca - I send you a massive hug. I hope with all my heart that you get some awesome quality. I know you said that this cycle reminds you of a previous one which didn't work out but its not over yet and my FS was telling me that at our age every month can be completely different so my fingers are for you. x
    Sunny - thanks for your kind words. I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. Hope it all goes well. x
    Net - what is ravelry? It sounds life fun. I know how you feel about being around pregnant women.
    Tens - how are you going?
    Leannep - How are you travelling?

I went to the beach this afternoon. Weather was warm and water was divine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

micca  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    PARTY ROCKING IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
    Just got off work and checked my voicemail...
    100% fertilisation!!!!!
    8 embies!!!!!
    Hang on, can that even be real? Pinching myself...
    I am fighting back the tears of joy. I feel like for once this rollercoaster is rolling my way, rolling towards my dreams. The devastating lows of the last few cycles will never be forgotten. I will never forget the baby I lost, or the soul of the Embryo who didn't defrost, or Neo 'the one' from last cycle. Facing such pain allows this step by step moment of joy to intensify. I face today with hope in my heart and joy filling my soul as I chase the promise of my dream. At least for today, LIFE IS GOOD and fear will not stop me celebrating this small victory against lost dreams.

xoxoxo
    Fortitude
    Fortitude just reading through your posts, wishing you all the very best for this cycle My fingers are crossed for you and hope your dream comes true. Great work on the embie haul!

Thanks
    Reviews
    roxi... lets hope that this cycle is a good one...Im fast believing that we just never know which will be good and which will be bad...

fortitude... any updates on the super embies??

off to my gluttony lunch..... pick up tomorrow am..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude - how are those embies going?? Hope they are rocking on x

Thanks
    Reviews

Day 8 - Lining = 7.1mm
    Day 13 (today) - Lining = 7.3mm

When I questioned why it is only 7.3mm, given it was 7.1mm last friday and I had added 2 x pessaries a day since friday and reply was "I guess thats what happens when different people measure"...WTF!!!

I had friday's scan at another establishment because FS was on leave and old FS did today's scan like he usually does. I can understand a little room for discrepancies due to different machines and different operators, but in my mind these measurements indicate a huge discrepancy/mistake.

I was gutted....I was hoping for 8mm or close to....only to be told 7.3mm!!!

On the up side, was told me that my lining was a grade c, which is the best, so that is some consolation.

So I remain on the exact same protocol until Monday at least and have another scan.

Sorry for the ranting me post....going off to have a quick lay down and try to get into a better frame of mind. Will pop in later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny.... bummer... lets hope that there is a little bit of operator error in there...
    did you try the nitrodur patches on your feet at night??? worthwhile. Your GP can prescribe them if FS wont...
    lets hope that mondays scan is perfect...relax, have a wine and some gluttony over the weekend....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Fort - You are a legend girlfriend 8 embies what day is transfer?

wanabemum -insensative people really crap me off some really dumb people

seam to just float thru life with no idea and no empathy whatso eva.....
    soon it will be your turn to boast about being pg

sunny - there is always human error try not to loose hope

roxie - same thing happened to me its very frustrating when you live so far away..my chemist had none so suggested I go to hospital at 8am the next morning...which I did little did I know I was sitting in the methadone line didnt take long for the town gossips to spread that one around lucky im thick skinned....

Leannep - well done to you I hope we will all be on a new thread ""PG an over 40""

micca - goodluck for tomoz I will keep you in my thoughts

AFM -FS appointment tomoz girls hit me with suggestions please..

my standard with this fs is:
    * wait for af
    * clexane needles 5 days later
    *11 days after starting clexane(16 days since af started) a 2 day doner embryo transfer.
    * start on prednislone and continue clexane

Thats pretty much it so I want all advice you can suggest.

Thanks in advance for your very valued advice....

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tens2many For This Useful Post:

micca  (17-10-2012),wanabemum  (17-10-2012)