Closed Thread
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wanabe... charging the full fee for a cancelled cycle and day surgery fees if you did not get to transfer is not right.... there is a medicare rebate for cancelled cycle prior to pickup... sounds like they have done wrong for you... I would seriously question this bill and refuse to pay it until it is settled... as that charge is illegal and they are just profitering... my clinic does not bill you the full fee for a cancelled cycle... they can only do this if you went to egg pick up...if they say thats what they charge then I would get advice from medicare or patient advocacy or AMA (australian medical association)... also ring your insurance company and tell them..as they are producing fraudulent charges....they will be the ones to refuse to pay the day surgery bill if there has been no day surgery...

and yes I definately think that the DHEA has affected things.. interesting that since I stopped it my progesterone has dropped from 3.4-1.6 and I think things are growing better... all my last cycles I stopped it with DD... So if this is a bust I am only taking 50mg a day and I will slowly reduce it 2 week prior to starting my cycle and stop altogether a few days prior to AF. with DD I did not take 75mg only 50mg and I decreased to 25mg quite quickly..wheras this time I did not.

sunny... I hope you are having a nice stress free weekend and that lining is growing well... I still think you are well on track.

Leanne...oooooh the wait for the uss... the joy of 8 weeks is that the embryo will look a little like a baby...with little legs and arms..rather than a blob...

Fortitude..woohoo for pick up on monday.. cant wait to see how you go... sounds good this time...

well after my peanut M&M gluttony yesterday.. I topped it today with 2 real coffees and bacon and eggs... by god it was great... also had a lovely walk along the beach.
    Last edited by micca; 13-10-2012 at 13:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Fort - I love that expression you came up with about FS's - something about them being the "holy FS guru"? I laughed so hard. You really have a sense of humour. GLAD YOU HAD A LAUGH
    ... I was a bit surprised to find that my last FS charged me for an entire cycle, even though I didnt go ahead with the transfer. They even charged my health insurance fund for the full hospital - though I didn't use it - which I thought in principle was a bit much. So I have been a bit broke this week but I have had an enjoyable week anyway as work has been good.
    That's just WRONG!!! How rude to pay for no chance at all. Another lady I know had her cycle cancelled and all it cost was $300.

Good luck with your appointment!!! Let us know how it goes in detail!!

Micca- walk, maybe even have a glass of wine. You need it honey xoxoxo

AFM: EPU confirmed as 7.30am Monday. Trigger tonight. My estrogen went up another 3000 from yesterday- so now I know why I am feeling all the nausea.

xoxox
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca and Fortitude - Maybe they've charged me the full amount because I cancelled at the point were I turned up at the day surgery for the egg implantation? I only did so because they told me that my embie was only a 2 cell that had stopped growing and it only had a one in 2000 chance of implantation. I thought cancelling would save me some money!Live and learn. I paid the bill on my credit card as soon as I received it. Dont know why. I will call the surgery and raise it with them. Thanks for your comments.

Micca - Don't be discouraged. The only thing that you have been reminded of this cycle is how &*@@# tough this process. Your dream WILL happen. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanabe.. if you did the egg pick up then the cycle will be charged in full..however if they did not transfer then they should charge you that fee. If you went to day surgery for pick up then that will be in the bill....
    A cancelled cycle is classed as a cycle that is cancelled prior to trigger. with no pick up. Sounds like they charged appropriately if you went to pick up.

Fort... fantastic results on the estrogen...woohoo... sounds like you will have a nice batch of eggs there...woohoo... enjoy the trigger and no more injections.....just cruise.
    no wine..lol... but had a swim today which was lovely... planning to go shopping maybe tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (13-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Micca, chin up! looks like a rollercoaster for you at present! poor thing. You missed the snowy cr*ppy weather round here the last few days, coldest day since 1968!

I have been lurking. I am day 7 after AF, doing the long down reg, cycle #2. My system took 7 weeks from the AF after the chem preg to the AF last week. I did ovulation tracking between them as I have a friend who is willing to help me out with sperm but I gave up having BT's by day 28 and no ovulation evident.
    I asked my FS about DHEA at my post cycle 1 review and he said he preferred to add in 100mg aspirin and prednisolone. So trying that, though on Micca's magic mix I took asprin last cycle :-)

Good luck this week!

goldie

Thanks
    Reviews
    rollercoaster.gif

For you Micca.

xoxoxo Fort

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

micca  (14-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hilarious fort..... so true.
    Ive tried a new tactic as well... since Im on 600iugonal F which is 2 injections I have split the dose... 450 at night and 150 in the morning to get a more constant level of it rather than a massive dose...should have done this the entire time. I notice on a lot of protocols with this dose they split it to 300 and 300... might ask the FS about this one for the next cycle.

goldilocks.
    .. yay for AF arriving and being back on the train. After my chemical AF took about 7 weeks to arrive and it was an anovulatory cycle ... but the next one was pretty normal after that.
    Yay for some prednisone..lets hope that it makes that little bit of difference

god a day to go for me and fort.... onwards ... slept not so good last night..few nightmares.... sign of a troubled mind I guess... beautiful day on the gold coast... of course DD woke at 530am QLD time - 630am NSW time (not so bad)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    wanabe.. if you did the egg pick up then the cycle will be charged in full..however if they did not transfer then they should charge you that fee. If you went to day surgery for pick up then that will be in the bill....
    A cancelled cycle is classed as a cycle that is cancelled prior to trigger. with no pick up. Sounds like they charged appropriately if you went to pick up.
    I should have explained - the reason I was upset is because I wanted to cancel the cycle before trigger due to terrible results and my fs talked me out of it. To then talk me out of the pickup on the actual day made me feel quite upset. Next time Im going to be a lot more level headed about these decisions and not so easily influenced.

ps thanks everyone. this vent felt very good x
    Last edited by wanabemum; 14-10-2012 at 10:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls im right there with you I hate the damn roller coaster ride of IVF or for that matter sometimes life in general my boys birthday today he would have been 4..we released ballons and had birthday cake our tradition.

Sorry your having a crapy time micca ....got u in my thoughts.

fort hope your powering along.....

AFM fs appointment on Thursday not sure what will come of that the herbs the naturopath + this time of yr stirs up so many many emaotions....will just wait to see what is said not sure if im just gunna go with the flow this time gunna be a bit aggressive and state my wants and needs.

Cheers

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come-BFN

# 9 Doner embryo Nov 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Micca and Fort....I will be thinking of you.

Thanks for the Nitrodur tip Micca, I have already sent an email to FN/FS.

Tens - Good luck for Thursday and happy birthday to your little boy