Closed Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Micca - its day 8 today. I took 150 of elonva which last from thursday 30/8 until Thursday (yesterday) when I got these not so great results. Yesterday they topped me up with 300 of Pregnyl. I had another scan today. Still only 3 follies. Im a bit worried that my left ovary seems to have stopped responding both this cycle and the last one that was cancelled with my old fs.

How are you going Micca with your "stuff" (for a better word)? I actually swore when I heard that your cycle was cancelled. Some things just arent fare.
    the pregnyl will help with the follie growth.. but those 3 will be all that you will get this cycle...so I guess you just have to decide whether to go with it..or maybe convert to IUI??
    . I have found that my left ovary is consistantly quiet... last cycle only produced 2 eggs... this cycle antral count only 2 eggs and my right ovary seems to do all the work.... no idea why and I would love to be able to fire it up..Ill ask my acupuncturist to add some extra oomf into that side I think...

sorted out my next cycle dates.. FS wants me on the ocp for 21 days... so looking to have an epu at around october 15th... that is if my ovaries quieten down... Im having a blood test next week to check and in 2 weeks a scan and blood test and if it is quiet I can start... if not then longer on the ocp...
    sad bit is that he will be away so my cycle will be monitoring and EPU done by another doctor and if I am lucky my egg transfer by my FS (that is probably the most important bit)
    work have been good about it and I will rebook my flights using my frequent flyer points... so its all slowly coming together.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    latest results show E2: 2140. There are still only 3 eggs: (why do I expect this to change??) 19, 15 & 14mm in size. They tell me that retrieval is likely to be wednesday and as far as my fs is concerned there is no question of a cancellation which is strange. I am not on pregnyl but puregon 300 (got my p's mixed up) - same thing I guess.

Micca - I hate it when my fs is away during a procedure. Can you find out if you can pick who will take his/her place? Did you have any symptoms from your infection? I am glad that things are working themselves out planning wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 eggs is OK ((IF)) they are viable. The trouble is you won't know until you commit to EPU. I had 8 follicles, ended up with 4 eggs, 1 viable. Cycle before I had 5 follicles, got 6 eggs ALL viable. So it really is a gamble. What's your past experience been with viability?

xoxox
    Fortitude

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Fortitude that is a B-I-G variation! Yet another reminder that we are playing a numbers game. The first two cycles I did I had about 11 follicles of which 5-6 made it to 5 day blast and only 2-3 were viable. The third cycle I had 3 follies and it was cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a bad shock to be honest. It has mad me seriously doubt my chances with my own eggs.
    If this next agressive cycle is a dud I am hoping to find a donor.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well today's scan showed that one of the three eggs is actually 28mm! This makes it too big or maybe a cycst. l guess Im out. I am waiting for the blood test results and then I will talk to my fs and suggest we cancel. Got home from hearing this news and was quite stunned only to find my dh to give me a lecture about the loss of my work productivity and he asked me to find a new job (I work for him in our small business) as I am losing money.
    Last edited by wanabemum; 10-09-2012 at 12:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabe Oh honey... (((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
    Crappy day all round by the sounds of it.
    28mm is large- if it has an egg it may be starting to break down. What else was on the scan? What about the other possible eggs? how close to EPU are you? I know I had a few littlies that grew big enough over a few days- so maybe the 28mm one is out but perhaps the smaller ones might make up for it? Are there any other 'less that 10' ones that could still come up?
    What a day to have DH lecture you, you probably needed a hug more than a lecture. Men can think so differently to women.
    Xxooxo
    Fortitude

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Fortitude xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    well the nurse just called and said my fs wanted me to proceed. I told her i wanted to speak with him. He left a message on my phone a few minutes later saying he wanted to proceed and that at best I can hope for 3 possible eggs and that that is a good result for my age. They have put me on the list for a retrieval on Wednesday at the hospital. I can change my mind if i want to. Perhaps this is the best that I can hope for.
    Last edited by wanabemum; 17-09-2012 at 11:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I was part of this thread a couple of years ago and am hoping I can rejoin you all again. I had to stop ivf due to a family illness but we have been back on the roller coaster this year. I remember micca from back then

Sorry if my post has errors I am trying to do this on my phone so I will make it quick today lol.

I turn 43 this week and keep having cancelled cycles. We have had four cancelled the latest one today due to no response to stims. My fs wants us to take the donor egg route but we cannot find a donor plus we are in two minds about it as well.

I am on 75 mg which has done nothing but make my hair fall out! I am on lots of itamins lotions and potions plus acupuncture but nothing is working

My fsh was up to 75 in April eeks! This cycle it came down to 15 so maybe the dhea is doing something??? I don't know.

Apologies for the mixed up short post. I will post more when I get to my computer. Last cycle in July we got 2 eggs but no fertilisation. That's the furtherest we've gotten in years!!

I look forward to getting to know you all again

Congrats micca I see you have a little dd xx