Closed Thread
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello girls I have been MIA for ages and I'm sorry but I'm here again now so I will read back and see what everyone's up too!!I hope your all well xxx

I also wanted to share with you all that I had my last transfer ever for Ivf last week and it has worked so I'm preggers!! Yahoo well I have my bt to go but everyday it's coming up on my hpts so I'm very excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What awesome news Leanne!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Leannep, thats wonderful news....CONGRATULATIONS

I was thinking about you the other day....was wondering if you cycled in September.....I remember your FS was trying some pretty out there stuff with you....you will have to post what protocol FS finally went with.

Hopefully the first BFP of many on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls I'm still in shock I had my bt today and my hcg at 124 and my progesterone is a 180 so I'm happy with that I thing these no are ok might have to google some tonight lol

Sunny as for my protocol my fs threw the book at me let's see if I can remember it all??

Ok I did stem cell treatment which is very separate from the ivf clinic!!
    Drugs I was on puregon 450
    Syneral spray, dexamethsone , fligrastim melatonin, scitropin and intrilipid infusion.
    Then after/while egg collection antibiotics, aspirin, estradot patches, pesseries and clexane.
    I also had on the day of transfer a PPET which is having pregnyl injected into my uterus before transfer!! Oh and now I stay on quite a lot of it and have anohther intrilipid transfer now that I'm preggers!!

Oh and all the vitamins a natal vitamin, vitamin c, zinc, q10 600mg calcium and magnesium, and I think there a few others!!!

Wow it's a lot when you look at that!!

My fs said he wouldn't leave out anything this time and I thank him for that

I hope that I am the first on a run for all of us xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    woohoo leanne...

great results... you are going to be the best mummy... now the longest 2www until the uss.... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Im jumping for joy !!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep – Im so happy for you…..I remember talking about this being your last cycle and FS wanting to throw everything at you…even stem cell treatment. Congratulations again.

Micca – I can sympathise with you on the 600 gonal F…that was my last stim cycle, incidentally AACEP protocol too. If these donor eggs didn’t pop up, then Dr Wazza was going to start me off on 700 gonal f!! Did AF play the game and turn up?

Fortitude –My drugs are taking over my fridge and kitchen bench too. Good luck with your cycle…how are you feeling (besides feeling like a pin cushion!)?

Tens2many – Sounds like you have a cocktail of pills and potions going on there. Not long now til your 2nd opinion appt.

Wanabemum –When is your 2nd opinion appointment? DP and I did exactly what you are doing….we too felt that our FS was too conservative and therefore sought a 2nd opinion with the head doctor at our clinic….we are now getting much more action. Sounds like you have a pretty thorough integrative dr.

Net3811 – How are you feeling now? Its hard not doing something towards assisted conception, especially when it has taken up so much of our time, effort and focus. The last 3 ½ months waiting for my 2ndopinion would have seemed a heck of a lot longer had I not retrained my thoughts to believe I was being IVF proactive by taking my vitamins everyday, sticking to my diet, being active, going to acupuncture etc!! I see you are in Perth….my 2ndopinion FS is based in Perth…would you consider another FS?

Soclose –Nice to see you again…I remember you from the original thread. Seek a 2nd opinion…I wish I would have done it sooner....us ‘mature’ ladies deserve to have anything and everything thrown at our cycles, we do not have the time for some FS to ‘see what works’, PLUS not everyone has an endless ****** of money for attempt after attempt.

Kenta, Fingercrossed, Roxie – Hi

AFM
    Thanks for the warm welcome back ladies….much appreciated.

Im hoping AF will arrive tomorrow….have some spotting and the aches and pains, so fingers crossed….looks like I will be cycling with Fort and Micca. Yay.

Micca – I havejust read about your smoothie, I might give it a go…the contents shouldn’t interfere or have a combative effect on my medications, should it? Sorry if I sound paranoid!!! Im also about to google femoral massage, given AF is imminent.

I have also read in the past posts the trials and tribulations that are being experienced with weight loss….like most IVFers, I put on approximately 10 kilos over my IVF journey….well it has taken me a bit of time (almost 5 months) and with a FET in between, but I have lost almost 12 kilos and feeling so much better for it….it was hard but I eventually got there. If anyone is interested, I can PM you how I did it….it is a diet book, but its not a ‘fad’ diet, I think its based on the 5 vegetables and 2 fruits a day principle, with portions of protein and carbohydrates.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny... so good to hear from you again... wonderful news on the weight loss.... that should help a lot... makes your hormones much more stable. The green smoothie has nothing in it that I think will interfere.... basically its rich in omega 3, 3 serves of fruit, alkalsing greens... I plan to continue it during stimming.
    Got to love the wonderful Wazza.. he is my FS... so you can imagine the protocol with clexaine, luveris, saizen prednisone as extras and endometrial biopsies

this is a good link I used for femoral massage
    http://www.livewellnaturally.com.au/...l-massage.html

Im so pleased that I will be sharing this cycle with you... you are the leader of the pack with your chances of success.... better than my 10%..lol

well AF arrived today a day late of course... so I start gonal F weds night.. I had my second saizen tonight..looking forward to getting started... all flights, carhire and uss booked... time of work... I will leave for brisbane next week... gosh it really is racing like a time vortex towards me... lets hope that my uss on tuesday shows some active follicles..still nervous about being oversuppressed... we will see...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leannep

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THIS IS JUST THE WONDERFUL NEWS WE NEEDED TO HEAR!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING X I look forward to hearing how you are going.

Thanks for providing the details. What is the name of the protocol you used - say if I was to look it up or try to talk to my FS about it? Good on you anyway, it just goes to show that if you keep pushing and trying eventually things can happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first US today- been jabbing 3 nights.

Right- 3 approx 6mm. Left- at first she said there was nothing. But I asked her to look again and she said there were "2 very small ones". At least there isn't a dominant follicle yet.

Looks like I am not responding very well to the FSH. This is about where I was in my first cycle when the FS increased my FSH from 275 to 300. Feeling stressed as I am on a 300 Puregon dose now, apparently my FS only goes to a 350 dose. It will be interesting to get the whole picture with the BT results. Wondering if she will increase my FSH dose?

Scared that I am lining up for another dud cycle despite the extra drugs. At
    this point I just hope that whatever is there are quality eggs.

Wish my DH wasn't away with work, feel like a hug and a cry but instead I have to put on a brave face and go to work for a tidy up day with my work buddies (who don't know I am on IVF).

xxoxox
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fortitude - I know what it is like as my DH was away on my last cycle. I send you big, massive hugs and let me tell you right now that it will be ok.

Ive decided that Im not going to get as anxious next time I do a cycle because if things start going pear shaped and Im not responding, Im going to take control and cancel if its not looking good and start again. No point in continuing for the stress of it and the money.

However, you are not at that point right now. In fact you are far from it. This is your first US and it sounds like you have eggs, we just need to see what will happen. so hang in there and remember you are in control and regardless, you will be ok. Its just another step in the journey xxxxxxxxxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (03-10-2012)