Closed Thread
Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nattie - good luck!!
    That happened with my first cycle - they didn't give me enough pessaries to get me through to BT. I asked & they said its ok if you run out. WTF? I told FS at transfer & he frowned & said he wanted me to have more, so he told the nurses. And then DH picked up more from them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Nattie - good luck!!
    That happened with my first cycle - they didn't give me enough pessaries to get me through to BT. I asked & they said its ok if you run out. WTF? I told FS at transfer & he frowned & said he wanted me to have more, so he told the nurses. And then DH picked up more from them.
    yeah and especially after last time when they did it to me and then I had a mc cause my levels were low.. I will wait until I have the BT date and then calculate it and if I don't have enough I will go get some from them. It just makes me annoyed that we pay all this money and if it wasn't for us educating each other on our past experiences we would be none the wiser!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty- Woo-hoo, half way there hun! Its possible (but not probable) to see a 2nd line on FRER at 10dpo. Implantation occurs at 6-12dpo, then it takes a further 3-4 days to build up enough HCG for a positive test. Personally, I would wait until 14dpo at the earliest to test, so ner ner to TTHC and Traveler . I really hope your embies have latched on by now . I will be starting the predisolone 3 wks before FET, but before that I'm going to be on doxycycline & dexamethasone hence the extra 3 wks.

TTHC- they do grade PGD embies and they defrost them in order of highest to lowest come FET time. I assume they will use our oldest embie first from the last cycle, but haven't specifically been told. I don't put much stock in the gradings. The physical morphology and the genetic viability are not related factors. On our last cycle, the best AA hatching blast was actually abnormal (chromosome deletion). And look at Traveler- her DD was an embie they graded not even suitable for freezing and came out with only 20% cell survival- yet a beautiful baby girl is here! It actually worries me how many viable embies are discarded based on appearance alone...

Traveler- my FS was very forthcoming with the sexes of our embies last time, hopefully that is still the case. Though I really don't care, any baby will do!!I'm expecting to use the oldest embie first. We had a pigeon pair, but I don't know whether it is the boy or the girl still on ice, so we will be getting a surprise. I hope your family feels better soon xo.

Peonies- yay for more good scans and knocking the socks off your FS! I hope everything goes well at your OB appointment tomorrow.

Nattie
    - looks like you're in for a great egg haul on Friday! 18 eggs is awesome!! Are you actually planning a fresh ET? I had thought your embies would be frozen pending CGH. If you are using a freshie then definitely hit them up for more pessaries. Even if your dose is one per day, you need 16 minimum as BT is usually 16dpo.
    Nat- gosh 12 weeks already! Happy b'day to your DD

Hi to everyone else

AFM- Incredibly all 4 of our embies made it to blasto today!! 3 of them were starting to hatch and the 4th was slighty behind as an early blastocyst. I'm still waiting to hear confirmation that they've been biopsied and frozen. Hopefully will get an update soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new to all this PGD talk but they told me that they would be transferring 5 days after as per usual so I don't think they are freezing them - is that the normal practice?

And hold the phone, when they do PGD can they tell u the sex?? OMG

Very frustrating re the grading hey, there could be soo many viable embryos discarded

simpson 4 embys yay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie there are 2 ways to do PGD:

(1)Biopsy at Day 3, fast turnaround results by Day 5, normal fresh ET.
    (2)Biopsy at Day 5, freeze all, standard turnaround results in ~2 weeks. FET in subsequent cycle.

I'm with Genea and they only do the Day 5 biopsy. They can't keep embryos cultured up to Day 7 to wait for fast turnaround PGD, hence they have to be frozen waiting for results. Once frozen, the time frame for results is no longer critical so the standard turnaround time is good enough.

At day 3, embies only have 6-10 cells. Biopsy at this stage is done by removing a single cell. There is a chance that the cell removed is not representative of the whole embryo due to mosaicism ie/ it could be the only normal cell in an "abnormal" embryo, or the only abnormal cell in a "normal" embryo. Thus the testing sometimes leads to false results. Its a risk you take for the speed of the results & to enable a fresh transfer.

At day 5, the embryo is a blastocyst with an outer layer of cells (trophectoderm) and an inner cell mass (ICM). The ICM is the part that becomes the baby. The biopsy is taken from the trophectoderm layer and they take 6-10 cells. So this gives a more accurate picture of the embryo's normality or abnormality.

If you are having array CGH (all chromosomes checked) then this will include the sex chromosomes. If you are doing a specific type of PGD that targets only particular chromosomes, then sex may not be determined. All depends what you're screening for.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well now I feel a little silly for not asking my FS more questions. I am with IVF Australia I think ours is just general testing for abnormalities and to ensure the best embryos are chosen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You shouldn't have had to ask, your FS should have made it very clear. We had a PGD consultation session with an embryologist and FN to explain all the steps and their possible outcomes to us. We also had to have a special counselling session before we could start PGD.

From what I know, IVFA does day 3 biopsy with fast turnaround results. That explains you getting ready for fresh ET on day 5. It sounds like you're having array CGH, same as me. In that case, you will be able to find out the sexes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    You shouldn't have had to ask, your FS should have made it very clear. We had a PGD consultation session with an embryologist and FN to explain all the steps and their possible outcomes to us. We also had to have a special counselling session before we could start PGD.

From what I know, IVFA does day 3 biopsy with fast turnaround results. That explains you getting ready for fresh ET on day 5. It sounds like you're having array CGH, same as me. In that case, you will be able to find out the sexes :-)
    wow very exciting I will have to ask dr sacks on Friday when I go in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Good to hear about your updates
    Simpson that is wonderful news about your 4 blasts its a great outcome.

Crofty I can't wait till you test! I think 10dpo you can get an accurate reading but its best to wait just to be sure. I always hated early POAS too so I can see why you want to wait.

Nattie, GL with EPU. 18 eggs is amazing !!! There is surely a baby or two in this bunch

Peonies, how many weeks are you now? It really is incredible that you did it without IVF .. That will show your FS a thing or two! Are you going through private system?

Hi to the mums out there and all the other ladies x

Me: I'm 29 weeks now. Feeling pretty good considering I'm rather large😁 Bubs is very active , rolling around and kicking.. I'm wondering when he actually sleeps at all!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (23-05-2013),SimpsonDesert  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm back on the wagon now lol going in for my first ultrasound/blood test next Friday in preparation for my natural FET!

Wish me luck! And goodluck to you all