Closed Thread
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I'm so sorry MGC! How devastating. We were all willing on that little embie so much. I hope you have much better luck next time. Maybe your FS might consider adding Saizen to your protocol? xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    SimpsonDesert... I spoke to the FS this afternoon, when he rang to say "sorry", but all he would say, is just make an appointment to see him, so I didn't get any clues for next time.

Peonies.... thanks. I did ask the FS at the beginning of this cycle about using Saizen, but he wasn't for it. He said it costs a lot, and that there isn't much evidence that it makes any difference. At the time, I agreed. I've spoken to DH today about it, and he practically flipped when I gave him rough costs and said no. But, hehe, if I want it next time, I'll get my way. Have you used Saizen? Or anyone else out there? I'll do some research on it in the next couple of weeks before the next appointment, as I know I will need to go in armed with facts and what I want to try.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (27-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't, but SelM22 (who you know from the male factor threads) did last cycle. There is also another drug that's supposed to be like saizen but cheaper.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back nattie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC- we used Saizen on one of our cycles. It worked well for us. DP had roughly the same number if eggs collected, but a higher fert rate and more were suitable for freezing. We also the. Didn't lose any in the defrosting either.
    Our clinic suggested the Saizen after one of our cycles where all 5 of our frosties died during the thaw.
    It was expensive (from memory about $750-800 per dose and 3 doses taken. We actually had to get the 2nd and 3rd dose through our chemist as the clinic ran out after giving us the First dose. Our chemist was great. He actually ordered it from a supplier that he doesn't normally order from and so had to pay upfront so he put it on his credit card!
    But keep all your receipts as you can add prescriptions to your out of pocket medical expenses come tax time.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM- the RI found that DP has an imbalance between her NK cells and her TCells and thinks that is a contributing factor as to why not one of our 21embys have stayed cosy over that last year and a half. Based on her blood work she will definitely be on an immune protocol. He wants to do a biopsy and DP will have that done. the results of the biopsy will determine exactly which drugs she needs to take.
    Her shoulder surgery went well, but her recovery was a bit shaky. She had a vomitous reaction to the anaesthetic. So the hospital gave her Zofran and Stematil. They still left DP feeling I'll so they gave her Maxalon. 10mins later we discovered she is actually allergic to maxalon! What was suppose to be an overnight stay turned into a 4night stay. But she is home now and is recovering well.
    Once her shoulder is at a stable stage she will have the biopsy and we will be at it all again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC I am so sorry, I too was willing your little emby along. This cycle just wasn't a good one 😭. Can you go back to what you did the cycles before to get more eggs? I really hope your FS has a good way forward. I think I remember you saying ages ago that you have the same FS as me. He was always very upfront about our chances of success. One of the nurses even said on one of my down days that if he doesn't think ivf will work for his patients then he will tell them. So if he is continuing treatment for you then he believes there is a very real and very great chance that you will have a baby. Sorry for blabbing. I just know the devastation of having one lone emby from a cycle that doesn't work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC. I'm so sorry. I too hope your FS has a good plan for your next cycle. Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, and good suggestion, particularly re: Saizen. Seeing some of you getting a BFP after many cycles still gives me hope. Thanks big time :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC,

We used Saizen last cycle. Its used to help the quality and implantation. We got 6 eggs with with and 5 were viable, 4 fertilised but no BFP at the end. The cell quality were mixed and one even fragmented at day 3. So not sure if we want to go down that track again next cycle. The price at our clinic was $150 per dose and we had 5 in total. You may outlay a bit but you can claim it at tax time....

Just read about your emmie, sorry to read that

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    SimpsonDesert... I spoke to the FS this afternoon, when he rang to say "sorry", but all he would say, is just make an appointment to see him, so I didn't get any clues for next time.

Peonies.... thanks. I did ask the FS at the beginning of this cycle about using Saizen, but he wasn't for it. He said it costs a lot, and that there isn't much evidence that it makes any difference. At the time, I agreed. I've spoken to DH today about it, and he practically flipped when I gave him rough costs and said no. But, hehe, if I want it next time, I'll get my way. Have you used Saizen? Or anyone else out there? I'll do some research on it in the next couple of weeks before the next appointment, as I know I will need to go in armed with facts and what I want to try.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2013)